AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2018-2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-27-2019, 02:05 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]New name for the wing, Federico Di Francesco from Sassuolo. The son of Roma coach Eusebio Di Francesco. Former Italy U21 international.

no thanks
Di Francesco wouldn't really bring anything to the squad that we don't already have. No point in this transfer. Just give Samu more time if Di Francesco is the other option and save the money.

Rumors still circling about Diawara. Come on Leo...make this happen. Diawara can play as the CDM and control the tempo, while Bakayoko can take over the RCM spot from Kessie and be the drive forward from the midfield that we desperately need. With Biglia coming back, Kessie on the bench and Mauri performing decent, we'd have adequate cover for the rest of the year.
We can then move on to sign a LW and then either sell Hakan or move him on the bench as an option for the midfield.

In the summer, we can clean up a little bit. Sell Kessie and use the money to permanently sign Bakayoko. Sell Hakan and use that money to permanently fix the LW. Whether that's making this January's loan signing permanent or sign a different player.
(01-27-2019, 04:14 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Rumors still circling about Diawara. Come on Leo...make this happen. Diawara can play as the CDM and control the tempo, while Bakayoko can take over the RCM spot from Kessie and be the drive forward from the midfield that we desperately need. With Biglia coming back, Kessie on the bench and Mauri performing decent, we'd have adequate cover for the rest of the year.
We can then move on to sign a LW and then either sell Hakan or move him on the bench as an option for the midfield.

In the summer, we can clean up a little bit. Sell Kessie and use the money to permanently sign Bakayoko. Sell Hakan and use that money to permanently fix the LW. Whether that's making this January's loan signing permanent or sign a different player.

Spot on
(01-27-2019, 12:39 PM)artand Wrote: [ -> ]#MIRABELLIOYSOUT

Hakan,Kessie,Halilovic

MIRABELLI BOYS OUT? (missing B)
OR
MIRABELLI OYSTER OUT? (missing TER)

Grinundwech
(01-27-2019, 04:14 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Di Francesco wouldn't really bring anything to the squad that we don't already have. No point in this transfer. Just give Samu more time if Di Francesco is the other option and save the money.

Rumors still circling about Diawara. Come on Leo...make this happen. Diawara can play as the CDM and control the tempo, while Bakayoko can take over the RCM spot from Kessie and be the drive forward from the midfield that we desperately need. With Biglia coming back, Kessie on the bench and Mauri performing decent, we'd have adequate cover for the rest of the year.

That looks like a delicious plan. however, call me crazy, I still don't want to let go Kessie. I still believe he has good quality to offer, and all that is needed is a good coach that knows how to get the best out of him.
You are crazy! Big Grin

But on a serious note, we are yet to purchase Kessie. We have to give Atalanta 24mil this summer. In all honesty, he's done nothing to warrant that. I really struggle to see what is special about the guy. Apart from the physicality, he's got nothing more on a technical/tactical level then let's say someone like Pasalic. Even the physicality side...what advantage have we really gotten from it in the last year and a half?

At first I used to think that he is just nonchallant and careless. But after year and a half, it's evident that he's not careless, but simply this is his ability. I read on R&B people saying how Kessie will destroy midfields and dominate, etc, etc. When? How? If this was a rugby game, then maybe. If it was a UFC fight, maybe. But this is football. Physicality is one thing. You still need a certain level of technical and tactical competence to "dominate". You still need a certain level of decision making intelligence to "dominate". I have really not seen that from Kessie. Not more then any other average midfielder possesses to be honest.

So having said all that, if Tottenham or any other English side wants to give us 40mil like it was mentioned...then I won't even think twice about it. Pocket the 16mil profit and reinvest it.

I feel like Kessie is a player for which people desperately HOPE he turns out good. But he will be 25 and people will still hope. He needs massive improvement on technical/tactical (decision) side to even be above average. Let's not talk about top class. I am convinced he simply doesn't have what's needed to be in the top class level.

It's also interesting that he was a CB in Cesena that was made into a CM by Atalanta. It makes sense because he looks exactly like a CB playing in midfield most the time. Akward, rushed, bad technique, bad passing, bad decision making around goal, terrible shooting technique, etc.
Big Grin

Don't you want to keep Gattuso .... as assistant coach?
Big Grin As long as he brings us to 4th at the end of the season, he can stay even as a head coach. Haha
So, what happened to A. Donnarumma? I heard that his transfer has been put on hold right?

https://www.livescore.com/soccer/italy/s...-15433294/

Big Grin Grinundwech
(01-27-2019, 06:33 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]MIRABELLI BOYS OUT? (missing B)
OR
MIRABELLI OYSTER OUT? (missing TER)

Grinundwech

Sagrin Sagrin Sagrin Sagrin Sagrin my old antique keyboard is due Big Grin