AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2018-2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are we recently linked to Paredes?
(10-19-2018, 09:59 AM)edysim Wrote: [ -> ]Are we recently linked to Paredes?

I haven't found reliable source yet. Hopefully it could be like Paqueta without rigid link and suddenly almost official.  Sagrin

We need Biglia sub, we are too dependent on him since no quality player can replace him.

I don't know if there are available player like Van Bommel who is strong defensively and not bad at starting the game from behind plus good leadership, something IMO really needed in center of midfield position. Having that kind of player makes the midfield stronger and help strengthen the defense.
What we need is a new coach / manager asap.. i can forsee another missed UCL season the way we are going
I think the next 3 Serie A games will either mean that Gattuso stays (at least until January) or he goes. Sampdoria, Genoa and Udinese. There are no excuses, no more "mentality" talk, no more nonsense. He has to get 9 points out of the next 3 games. Simple as that. 2 of those games (Samp and Genoa) are at the San Siro as well. Udinese is away. If 9 points is not the absolute bare minimum, then everyone at Milan (management included) has to check themselves and realize that they are working at Milan and not Chievo. When you are Milan, home games against Sampdoria and Genoa should be 100% wins no matter what. Same goes for Udinese away. If they are satisfied with dropping points against these teams, then we got a real problem in terms of ambition and they can talk all they want about the players having a weak mentality, but they wouldn't be any more different than the players at that point (as management figures).
(10-23-2018, 01:22 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I think the next 3 Serie A games will either mean that Gattuso stays (at least until January) or he goes. Sampdoria, Genoa and Udinese. There are no excuses, no more "mentality" talk, no more nonsense. He has to get 9 points out of the next 3 games. Simple as that. 2 of those games (Samp and Genoa) are at the San Siro as well. Udinese is away. If 9 points is not the absolute bare minimum, then everyone at Milan (management included) has to check themselves and realize that they are working at Milan and not Chievo. When you are Milan, home games against Sampdoria and Genoa should be 100% wins no matter what. Same goes for Udinese away. If they are satisfied with dropping points against these teams, then we got a real problem in terms of ambition and they can talk all they want about the players having a weak mentality, but they wouldn't be any more different than the players at that point (as management figures).

Mgmt isn't happy and Maldini was in a foul mood yesterday
Who wouldn't be in a foul mood after watching that crap over the weekend? The question is, what exactly is management willing to do at this point about the situation? I have to think Gattuso's leash is getting shorter and shorter with each passing week, but is this management willing to pull the trigger on letting him go? and if they do, can they convince someone like Conte to take over?
There is almost zero chance Milan get foreign coach so who else is even available? I think may be we should do a poll in the coach thread like 'Other than Conte who....?'
The only thing that can partially save our season at this point is Ibrahimovic & possibly a new coach.
(10-23-2018, 06:35 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]There is almost zero chance Milan get foreign coach so who else is even available? I think may be we should do a poll in the coach thread like 'Other than Conte who....?'

Why is that?
Screw Conte.. i would rather go Claudio Ranieri (who actually won a league title with a dirt poor club) or benitez (4 times champions league finalist and 1 time winner)

Both have worked with Clubs with rubbish finances and tight budget.. one has been UCL proven coach by reaching the UCL finals 4 times with 2 different clubs (valencia & liverpool) 

Benitez comes with a sour taste in the mouth but i think he is a coach who works rather well with what he has.. liverpool more or less started to improve leaps and bounds under his care.. they could play boring but effective counter attacking football or offensive football (suarez and torres era)

Raniera recruited almost all of the players who became the spine of mourinho's first team at chelsea.. lampard, joe cole, robben..
Won the EPL title with Leicester City who were promoted the season or 2 seasons before.. snd their football was no fluke..
If he could transmit that daring play into our team with more defensive nous.. we could be set for UCL placings