AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Lazio vs. Milan 11/25/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(11-25-2018, 07:54 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Why did we not make a sub in stoppage time to disrupt Lazio's pressure?????? Gattuso is such a fucking dumbass

I cant believe it!!
No subs used is a scandal. Wtf is going on inside Gattuso's head?!?
Wait, if we didn't use any sub, where did the 5 minutes added time come from? It actually went for 7 minutes in the end.
Its times like those you use up all 3 subs to disrupt the rythm.. he got so caught up in the game i bet he forgot abt it
(11-25-2018, 08:00 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: [ -> ]Its times like those you use up all 3 subs to disrupt the rythm.. he got so caught up in the game i bet he forgot abt it

Forgot it? Well if he is just there to enjoy the spectacle then Leo should get him a TV and let the coaching do by someone else...
Given how decimated our squad is right now, I'll take the point.
The other good thing, Kessie didn't get a yellow so he ain't suspended for the next match.
We're at home next week against Parma who are 2 points below us in 6th.
They're in form so it's not going to be easy.
If anyone told me that we would have a draw before this game started, I would happily take it, but how it ended left a bitter taste in my mouth. Gattuso's inexperience cost us two points.

The referee needs to be investigated.
(11-25-2018, 08:06 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone told me that we would have a draw before this game started, I would happily take it, but how it ended left a bitter taste in my mouth. Gattuso's inexperience cost us two points.

The referee needs to be investigated.

This! 

I even wrote before the game that a draw in our situation would be a positive outcome. And it is, on the whole.

But when you are about to take 3 points and are in stoppage time, you can't help but feel disappointed. Of course, it's not a given that we would have won had we made changes. For all we know a sub may have come in and that very same sub could have made a mistake on the goal. But the fact remains that we had options in order to slow the game down. It seemed as if the players were left out there on the field to fend for themselves with no help from the manager and the bench. We desperately needed a break from that Lazio pressure. Even 30 minutes where the players could have reorganized themselves. Gattuso could have given them a minute and a half if he made 3 subs in stoppage time. He was entitled to do it. Yet he didn't. It just seems like he didn't even try to influence the situation. You could see the goal was coming. Corner kick after a corner kick after a free kick after a throw in after a corner kick......for 8-10 minutes.
Not to defend him, but I wonder if it is possible that Gattuso was worried that maybe by introducing new players into the game, OUR chemistry may be disrupted. I looked at the bench, and it seems that there were only Montolivo who could be considered as a seasoned player. The other players are either young or new or barely plays at all, so maybe Gattuso trusted the players on the pitch more than anyone on the bench at that time.

But yeah, he really should've made some subs, just to slow down the tempo. Lazio was fierce and desperate, and the referee was certainly biased as hell.

I was joking when I said that the referee was betting on a draw, but if you look at all the evidence, it actually wouldn't shock me if it was true.
Which our chemestry? We had nothing in those times. Besides Crapo ,there were Laxalt ,Castillejo ,Bertolacci and Conti (if he was that not fully recovered from injury that he can't play 2 minutes or 30 seconds as third sub ,than wtf why is he even on the bench ?! ). There was also Reina ,so why not ,sub GK if have noone else. There is no excuse.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7