AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Roma vs. Milan 2/3/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Scary game. I have a feeling the ref will either hand out no cards the second half or send multiple people off. Roma is very aggressive and with their fans turning on them I don't see them pressing us much more of the match before wearing out.

You see the need this team has for a Biglia though. Someone that can pick a pass to a corner or to Piatek to really break that press.

Gigio is becoming our player of the year. Just full on killer saves.
(02-03-2019, 09:22 PM)Ryo Wrote: [ -> ]Decent half. We slowly brought ourselves into the game and took over the midfield. After our goal, we kind of invited Roma to attack a bit too much.  Hopefully Gattuso will rectify that in the second half.

I can see us getting a second goal and them capitulating.
Fingers crossed.

I think this is his main plan anyway.. get them to attack us, if we get the ball.. break out quickly coz their midfield consist of a living fossilised dinosaur.. and the lb is old but not quite so gold.. its been a long time but just like the 2 napoli games, even when under pressure, it doesnt feel like we are going to concede.. if Suso bucks up and Calabria maintains his cool just like the Napoli games and not be nerveous.. 

We could either ride out the Roma storm or hit them a 2nd goal
(02-03-2019, 09:27 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: [ -> ]even when under pressure, it doesnt feel like we are going to concede.. if Suso bucks up and Calabria maintains his cool just like the Napoli games and not be nerveous.. 

I disagree. We've needed several great saves from Gigio not to concede. We are giving away chances and that's not a good sign. It's not as we are comfortable.

The defending on our right side has to be better. Calabria has not been good today. He lost Florenzi on more then 1 occasion. On 1 of them, they almost scored. Florenzi missed the target from a great position in our box, free to shoot. Turned out to be offside, but a big warning sign.
As you said, Suso has to back up Calabria....but he can't just go back there and occupy space as he's been doing. He has to actually defend with concentration. He is lazy when he defends as I've said.

It also doesn't help that Zaniolo makes runs straight into our right side, giving Calabria and Suso even more trouble. 

I am not as comfortable as you. We look like we are going to concede if we keep playing like this. We have to get better. I doubt Suso's defending will get better, so the 2 options are:
1. Put Castillejo in for Suso as you know he'll defend way better then Suso
2. If you keep Suso out there, you have to pull Kessie a little wider when we defend in order to help the right side.
AAANNNDDD There you go
FACK.... They equalize immediately....
Yep, awful defending all around 1-1
I hope we will have a better second half. Suso and Bakayoko (for his own recent standard) need to step up the game.
Of course Wallbang
Awful defending by Musacchio there.
We're depending too much on Paqueta
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14