AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Atalanta vs. AC Milan. Sunday, 8th January 2012 14:00 GMT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
8 matches unbeaten (4 draws and 4 wins) and 5 goals conceded at home. That's what we're up against. I expect a tight-game but I expect the team to win all matches until we have a points cushion at the top! Forza Milan.
Sounds like Boateng is half injured and will be reserved. I wish El Sharaawy starts in his position rather than Emmanuelson, who should play more left back. We simply have too many trequartista and I see Aquilani can do better than Urby up there if Rino's fit.
A very difficult game against one of the most surprising and interesting teams of Serie A so far ...

We'll play against an enthusiastic team, but we will see if the Winter break will make them slow down as it often happens with "small" teams doing a good first part of season.

Players to follow:
- Consigli
- Cigarini
- Denis/Marilungo
Atalanta would be in top 6 if they weren't docked 6 points. Denis is the top scorer of Serie A atm. Nesta and Aquilani are both one yellow away from suspension. I am all for giving Boateng a rest and el Shaarawy a go.

None of my local channels are showing it as far as I can determine.... Sad

Ho Young, u kno who ah carry di match?
Looks like Aquilani is out of Atalanta game...probably means we'll see Emanuelson from the start....

http://www.football-italia.net/node/14391
as tough as Atalanta is, Inter Merda is waiting for us next weekend. I would even rest Nesta.

Also, I just wanted to point out that Milan has historically played well in the first match after the new year.
The selected players: Abbiati, Amelia, Piscitelli, Antonini, Bonera, De Sciglio, Mexes, Nesta, Taiwo, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta, Boateng, Carmona, Emanuelson, Nocerino, Van Bommel, El Shaarawy, Ibrahimovic, Inzaghi, Pato, Robinho.
I don't think we should be worried about resting players as the Inter match is in 7 days so that is enough time to recuperate.
We need to play our strongest formation and win this match.
Allegri said Nesta is fine but Mexes will play with Thiago....not sure if Nesta is really 100% (i doubt he is otherwise he would play), but if he is, then it will be interesting to see who Allegri will pick for the Inter match especially if Mexes has a good game tomorrow.

Seems Taiwo will get another match given that Antonini & Abate are both out so Zambrotta will probably play RB although I wouldn't rule out Allegri starting with De Sciglio (who had a couple of very nice crosses in the PSG match which Abate still cannot do...don't get me wrong, i think Abate is one of the best RB in Seria A at the moment)

Given the absence of so many midfielders (Aquilani, Seedorf, & Ambrosini added to Gattuso & Flamini) I think there is a possibility that Allegri goes for an attacking trio of Ibra-Pato-Binho as in the PSG match in order to keep some midfield options on the bench

I also agree with Geo that small teams could be adversly affected by the mid-season stoppage...hope so Angel

Oh and Geo, we're lucky that between Juve & Inter, you always have a crap team to use in your signature Sagrin
when I mentioned that we should rest certain players, I wasn't referring to fatigue factor, rather, it was possible injury or suspension that concern me. That's why particularly for Nesta who is just recovering from a month-long injury and only one yellow away from suspension. Aquilani and Boateng are the other two names that came to my mind.
(01-07-2012, 05:05 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]The selected players: Abbiati, Amelia, Piscitelli, Antonini, Bonera, De Sciglio, Mexes, Nesta, Taiwo, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta, Boateng, Carmona, Emanuelson, Nocerino, Van Bommel, El Shaarawy, Ibrahimovic, Inzaghi, Pato, Robinho.

My Lineup:

------Ibrahimovic-------Pato--------------
------------------------------------------------
-------------------Robinho-------------------
-----Nocerino------------------Boateng----
-----------------Van Bommel-----------------
Taiwo--------------------------------Zambrotta
-------------T.Silva--------Mexes-----------------
--------------------Abbiati-------------------------

Subs: Amelia, Nesta/Bonera, Zambrotta, Robinho, Inzaghi, El Shaaraway, Emmanuelsson

* Interesting that Gattuso is not ready for this game. I would have him on the bench if he was.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11