AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer 2019 friendlies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(07-28-2019, 09:50 PM)drucurl Wrote: [ -> ]is anyone really convincing themselves that we're playing 4D chess by constantly losing and that it isn't that we simply suck?

Based on this game things are looking decent but as you can see in many (including mine) posts in transfer thread I dont disagree.
Piatek off. Maldini to the rescue.
Maldini Jr and Marco Brescianini for Lord and Piatek
(07-28-2019, 09:50 PM)drucurl Wrote: [ -> ]is anyone really convincing themselves that we're playing 4D chess by constantly losing and that it isn't that we simply suck?

Couldn't disagree more. This isn't the time when you talk about results. Who the hell cares if we win or lose this?! It's about getting ideas through to the players, gelling as a team and working on fitness. I completely saw ALL those 3 things in the 1st half. The fact that Benfica scored a lucky goal, or the fact that we missed 4-5 100% scoring opportunities (they missed also) doesn't matter. So we are not losing because we suck. We completely dominated Benfica in the first half. Created chances and played good football. Not sure what more people want in July!? We don't even have a full squad available, and are still working on reinforcements.
(07-28-2019, 09:52 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Based on this game things are looking decent but as you can see in many (including mine) posts in transfer thread I dont disagree.

What to do when we have players like Biglia, Lord, Strinic on the field
I don't care if he can occasionally hit the bar with an FK, Biglia can fuck off. He is useless, lazy, and so painful to watch.
(07-28-2019, 09:58 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't disagree more. This isn't the time when you talk about results. Who the hell cares if we win or lose this?! It's about getting ideas through to the players, gelling as a team and working on fitness. I completely saw ALL those 3 things in the 1st half. The fact that Benfica scored a lucky goal, or the fact that we missed 4-5 100% scoring opportunities (they missed also) doesn't matter. So we are not losing because we suck. We completely dominated Benfica in the first half. Created chances and played good football. Not sure what more people want in July!? We don't even have a full squad available, and are still working on reinforcements.

Results are important too....even for silly friendlies.
Getting that W under your belt is a psychological boost....and you can build on success.
I am so tired of seeing us get beaten by other teams in these friendlies..Even more disappointing?
The gulf in class.

We completely dominated? Seriously  Huh
Also, how come Piatek is so rusty? #9 curse? or just the summer laziness?

Or maybe now that Cutrone is gone, he feels no pressure of competition?

Suso looks ten times a player than Piatek today.
(07-28-2019, 10:08 PM)drucurl Wrote: [ -> ]Results are important too....even for silly friendlies.
Getting that W under your belt is a psychological boost....and you can build on success.
I am so tired of seeing us get beaten by other teams in these friendlies..Even more disappointing?
The gulf in class.

We did, maybe with the exception of the first and last 5 minutes. Benfica was lucky. 

I agree with nefremo that results aren't important for this kind of games. In fact, if this is the game that helped the management to finally make up their mind that Strinic is a waste of space and money, Biglia is a lazy fuck and should pack his own way out, I would be happy to lose 3 or 4 goals against Lecce.
(07-28-2019, 10:08 PM)drucurl Wrote: [ -> ]Results are important too....even for silly friendlies.
The gulf in class.

Most the players that took the field today had not played a full game this summer yet. To see Milan play football like that in the 1st half, with the players on the field (Biglia, Borini, Samu, Suso in a new position)...you can't tell me that's not positive. 

Yes, we dominated the 1st half. Not sure how you can deny that actually.

And again, I get you are tired of seeing us lose these friendlies, but again...the score doesn't matter. Yes, winning gives you a psychological boost...but I bet we are getting much more of a psychological boost by playing the way we did in the first half then Benfica is getting with their deflected goal even though they could barely get out of their own half in the first half. 

The first half will solodify the coach's ideas because it was proof that they work and are effective. To reinforce those ideas and to have the players buy into them is what's important from a coach that's been working with the team for 20 days. It's how you improve after every game. If any player was hesitant to make a pass into traffic and trust their teammate, believe me next game they won't be. If the defensive line was hesitant to press up and close the press durong high press, thye will get a lot more confident after that half.
Those are the things to look for in these friendlies, especially for us under a new coach. NOT the score.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36