AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer 2019 friendlies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Calabria doesn't offer much going forward. Conti would start if he didn't look so bad
[Image: EBET6JrXUAExTLr.jpg]
#Giampaoloball
(08-03-2019, 08:10 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Calabria doesn't offer much going forward.  Conti would start if he didn't look so bad

Not sure what you mean, because most substitutes would be starters if they didn't look so bad.  Sagrin

I think Calabria is not the most "finesse" player going forward. For example, he could never give an assist like Conti did vs Sampdoria or Empoli this previous season. But he is a much more balanced player overall. He may not be exceptional going forward, but he also isn't as bad as he is made to seem. He offers an outlet and pushes the ball forward well. He can surely do better in terms of assits and numbers, but he makes up for it in other areas. 

I want both of them to stay here and battle for the position. There are more rumors about Conti wanting more playing time and that we are thinking of letting him go. That would then mean that we would need to replace him. Not sure what we are gaining with that. I'd rather keep him. This is taking the conversation a bit off topic though. 

About the #Giampaoloball......I think we need a "catchier" phrase than that!  Devilol
(08-03-2019, 08:45 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you mean, because most substitutes would be starters if they didn't look so bad.  Sagrin

Conti is more suited for Giampaolo than Calabria but his performances aren't doing him any favors.  Make sense?
#MaxGiamfilippoball ...oh wait, this isn't the Paolo Inzaghi thread Grinundwech
krunic is miserable
We kind of looked like we were playing Gattusos game plan the first ten minutes. They pressed and we started moving the ball wide and long. RR was def guilty going forward when he should be more patient. After that the guys settled and became more patient. You saw more of Giampaolos plan at work. A lot of possession that would suddenly burst forward when ManU slept. Also, we were quick to close down space immediately after being dispossessed. I was suprised by how well we did that and won the ball back.

With that said, I wasn't really a fan of Biglia. He did ok at best. He got man covered by Mata and couldn't shake him. Also his passing wasn't all that great. I think Bennacer will be better both offensively and defensively. The teams plan really needs that position to be able to play it up the middle. When we play it wide we cant regain possession as easily and we aren't built for quick counters. Hakan did ok offensively when he moved back but is a defensive liability. He may fit that position, but needs work to get there.

Also Suso is a really good player but not for this system. We need speed. When the teams press, they stack the middle of the park and push up the CBs. If we don't have players that can at least give the perception of beating that offside trap then Serie A will be tough. For that reason, leao was a good buy but we still need to address that CAM position. Piatek is too slow so the burden falls in the SS and CAM. Suso def has value over 30 mil and any less would be a steal.

I like Giampaolos system a lot. It will put a lot of pressure on the RB and LB as teams will attack the open space along the channels. With that said, I actually like our chances next season. We will creat a lot of chances and if we can be as good defensively as last season we should be in good shape.
(08-03-2019, 08:47 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Conti is more suited for Giampaolo than Calabria but his performances aren't doing him any favors.  Make sense?

Okmilan
We have got another friendly scheduled against side KF Feronikeli on 10th August.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36