AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Milan vs. Bologna 5/6/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(05-06-2019, 10:58 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]on Bakayoko: good riddance

Leonardo just said "no major investments in the summer," so I'm guessing that decides it as far as Bakayoko is concerned.
(05-06-2019, 11:06 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: [ -> ]Leonardo just said "no major investments in the summer," so I'm guessing that decides it as far as Bakayoko is concerned.

He just made it easier
Fortunately he also said there will be no dismantling of the squad and that "basically we're blocked" on the transfer market, so I'm assuming that means we keep everyone who's important as well, which is good news. Maybe this is not such a bad thing? Might be better for us to keep working with the current squad, which does have a lot of potential, rather than make any major changes.
(05-06-2019, 11:19 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: [ -> ]Fortunately he also said there will be no dismantling of the squad and that "basically we're blocked" on the transfer market, so I'm assuming that means we keep everyone who's important as well, which is good news. Maybe this is not such a bad thing? Might be better for us to keep working with the current squad, which does have a lot of potential, rather than make any major changes.

Would be nice to get a few young, promising players for a decent price
(05-06-2019, 11:19 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: [ -> ]Fortunately he also said there will be no dismantling of the squad and that "basically we're blocked" on the transfer market, so I'm assuming that means we keep everyone who's important as well, which is good news. Maybe this is not such a bad thing? Might be better for us to keep working with the current squad, which does have a lot of potential, rather than make any major changes.

We need a LW RW CM Possibly a LB RR is just soooo slow.And those players need to be of a very good level
Without it we're basically maybe making 4th and that's if Roma Lazio dont strengthen or making the EL.Even of we make the Champions League this squad crashes out in the group stage as we'll most likely be a 3rd seed and have a tough group.
(05-06-2019, 11:29 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]We need a LW RW CM Possibly a LB RR is just soooo slow.And those players need to be of a very good level
Without it we're basically maybe making 4th and that's if Roma Lazio dont strengthen or making the EL.Even of we make the Champions League this squad crashes out in the group stage as we'll most likely be a 3rd seed and have a tough group.

Limited by the almighty FFP.  Once we get passed it then it's smooth sailing
(05-06-2019, 11:29 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]We need a LW RW CM Possibly a LB RR is just soooo slow.And those players need to be of a very good level

True, but maybe we shouldn't expect more than to crash out in the group stage if we make it to the CL. It might sound weird to not have higher ambitions than that, but maybe making it there and getting the players some CL experience is good enough given where we've been in the last six years. Rebuilding this club is going to take some time, I think, but just making it to the CL would be a significant step in the right direction.
Props to Mauri too
(05-07-2019, 01:46 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Props to Mauri too

Yeah he did well when he came on. I still feel like we could have gotten more out of Mauri...
So, I'm not defending Paqueta, but to me it seemed like he was actually slapping away the hand of the Bologna player. I don't even think he realized that the referee's hand was also touching him at the same tim. Still, a very silly mistake. An experienced player would make the most of those challenges and get the Bologna players sent off....instead, he got himself a red card.

We didn't play a great game, as expected. I don't expect Gattuso or this team to suddenly switch gears and play great. But, I expect for us to grind out results like we did today. We got a little lucky on a few occasions, especially in the first half. The defending was really sketchy. The attacking was unconvincing....yet the first half could have easily been 2-2 for example.

Not sure what to expect next weekend in terms of game play. To be honest, I don't even care how we play. Just win these last 3 games one way or another. Then we'll see what happens.

About Leonardo's statements on the budget. I don't believe a word he says. He also made sure to put in that last sentence in there where he says the CL will be a decider of which way we go in terms of the market. He said similar things last fall and then we spent 70mil in the winter. Obviously there are many factors, but the most important ones are the willingness of Elliot to spend and the CL. Hopefully, in 3 weeks, both those things will be present.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14