AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: SPAL vs. Milan 5/26/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(05-26-2019, 09:38 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]What chances for Empoli! How could they miss those. Not 1, not 2, but THREE 100% opportunities. I don't even call it good goalkeeping. It's just dumb decision making by the Empoli careers.

We have nobody else to blame but ourselves.

Dismantle this squad and fire Gattuso please.

Another year, and another disappointment. We had everything in our grasp. Everything was there, in our hands. And we fucked it all up. Too many inconsistent players. Too much pussy attitude by Gattuso at times.

This club is slowly dying. Not sure that we've picked up any fans (outside of Italy/Milano) in the last 5+ years. Young kids don't even know what or who Milan is anymore. Slowly, but surely we are sinking into complete mediocrity. We are now a EL participating team. And there, once we player decent teams, we are just eliminated anyway. We play like shit. Nothing exciting to get people to actually want to watch Milan. It's been years since we've relevant at ANY level. Slowly, everything has faded away. And it seems like it may be years still, if ever, for us to get back to the elite. We are history. We are like Nottingham Forest or Leeds United. If you will, like Genoa in Italy. 3rd most Scudetti, yet mediocre and irrelevant for years now. This is the road we are taking at the moment.
We are soon to become Pro Vercelli.
Quote:One point is the difference between 5th and 4th/3rd place.

Looking back at the season for Milan, draws against bottom dwellers Frosinone, Parma, Bologna, Cagliari and Empoli were absolute killers.

Have to beat the teams you're supposed to
(05-26-2019, 10:11 PM)Rishav kant Wrote: [ -> ]We are soon to become Pro Vercelli.

Not sure if you're fucking around or what, but it's not really the time. 

And no, we will not become Pro Vercelli......but anyone that still talks about Milan as if this is Milan of 15 years ago, needs a reality check. We aren't even in the 2nd tier of elite football teams at the moment. And the longer we miss out on the CL, the more and more irrelevant we become. The more irrelevant that we become, the harder and harder it is to get out of mediocrity. Missing out on the CL again this year just set everything back by at least a year. While the Madrids, Juves, Citys, Liverpools, Barelonas....keep growing their revenue and getting more and more fans each year, we keep missing out on elite competitions and simply get forgotten about. 

I went to an MLS game a couple of days ago.....and saw a shit ton of people wearing Barca jerseys, Liverpool jerseys, Juventus jerseys (mostly with Ronaldo on the back), Madrid jerseys. But you guessed it.....not a single fucking person wore a Milan jersey.

You can joke about it all you want....but this is the reality of this club at the moment. And the longer this goes on...the harder will be to get back into the elite. And yes, some teams (like Genoa or Nottingam) NEVER make it back to the top. We are not there yet, but we are not going the other direction either. Get with the reality. Milan is a mid-table club. Has been for years now. And it's not what me and you think of Milan. It's the perception that others have of Milan. And in others, you can also put good players. Galliani used to say "Milan still has a lot of pull with the international community. Players will still come running to Milan when Milan calls, because Milan is Milan". Well no longer my friend. It hasn't been like that for a long time now. And again, the longer we miss out on elite competitions like the CL, the further we fall away from that myth that "Milan is Milan"!
(05-26-2019, 10:18 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if you're fucking around or what, but it's not really the time. 

And no, we will not become Pro Vercelli......but anyone that still talks about Milan as if this is Milan of 15 years ago, needs a reality check. We aren't even in the 2nd tier of elite football teams at the moment. And the longer we miss out on the CL, the more and more irrelevant we become. The more irrelevant that we become, the harder and harder it is to get out of mediocrity. Missing out on the CL again this year just set everything back by at least a year. While the Madrids, Juves, Citys, Liverpools, Barelonas....keep growing their revenue and getting more and more fans each year, we keep missing out on elite competitions and simply get forgotten about. 

I went to an MLS game a couple of days ago.....and saw a shit ton of people wearing Barca jerseys, Liverpool jerseys, Juventus jerseys (mostly with Ronaldo on the back), Madrid jerseys. But you guessed it.....not a single fucking person wore a Milan jersey.

You can joke about it all you want....but this is the reality of this club at the moment. And the longer this goes on...the harder will be to get back into the elite. And yes, some teams (like Genoa or Nottingam) NEVER make it back to the top. We are not there yet, but we are not going the other direction either. Get with the reality. Milan is a mid-table club. Has been for years now. And it's not what me and you think of Milan. It's the perception that others have of Milan. And in others, you can also put good players. Galliani used to say "Milan still has a lot of pull with the international community. Players will still come running to Milan when Milan calls, because Milan is Milan". Well no longer my friend. It hasn't been like that for a long time now. And again, the longer we miss out on elite competitions like the CL, the further we fall away from that myth that "Milan is Milan"!

very true.  Undecided

sadly we are only history now. i think, MM members are the remaining last AC Milan fans.
Capello: «Il progetto di Elliott non è da Milan. Leonardo e Maldini fanno bene ad andarsene»

Un Fabio Capello netto e determinato parla così del Milan ai microfoni di SkySport: «Il discorso dei giovani ci può stare se il Milan dovesse costruire lo stadio, come ha fatto il Tottenham, questo non è il Milan. Non si può puntare a lavorare solo coi giovani perché poi si fa fatica come è capitato alla Roma. I tifosi del Milan sono abituati ad altro e sarà difficile propinarli altri anni di mediocrità. Questa squadra ha come minimo bisogno di 2 giocatori di grande livello e un terzo giovane che può essere aspettato. Se Leonardo e Maldini vanno via perché non sono d’accordo con i nuovi dettami della società fa bene perché non è giusto farsi coinvolgere da un progetto che non sente. Inter con Conte, Roma con Gasperini, Napoli con Ancelotti e Milan? Diventa arduo arrivare in Champions».

In chiusura Fabio Capello torna a parlare della questione giovani: «Io ho allenato il Milan e so che quando si vanno a prendere i giovani si deve puntare su gente di personalità, perché giocare a San Siro non è facile per nessuno. Figurati per un giovane».
(05-26-2019, 10:18 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if you're fucking around or what, but it's not really the time. 

Very harsh truth. I was the only Milan fan in my whole School of around 100-200 football enthusiasts. Just bragging about our great faboulous history, number of UCLs won, number of Ballond'or winners we had blah blah. We are a history Club. Milan FB page is now birthday celebrating Club. Many of Milan fans are still stuck in Athens. No big names signs for Milan, we are on our way to become a footballing 'dumping' ground where big clubs throw their flops here. My only wish is to some random Arab Businessman to buy our clubs from Americans. That's the only way we are going to reach to the top of Europe again otherwise we will remain in this shit for decade or more!!
capello is probably right
Capello is right but this is a new reality, this is not 1997, not even 2007. Even without FFP I don't think we can claim that the mediocre coaches we have hired were about FFP. Of course no CL of the last few seasons (not future) meant top coaches are less likely to come, but it is only *less likely* not zero.
(05-27-2019, 12:31 AM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Capello is right but this is a new reality, this is not 1997, not even 2007. Even without FFP I don't think we can claim that the mediocre coaches we have hired were about FFP. Of course no CL of the last few seasons (not future) meant top coaches are less likely to come, but it is only *less likely* not zero.

This next hire is gonna be important
(05-27-2019, 12:45 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]This next hire is gonna be important

?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25