AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2019-2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that many don't rate Laxalt, but like you, I am happy that he is back as the backup.

Of course now, Laxalt is at best a poor man's Theo, but during his peak time, Laxalt was in fact quite a star. He has a similar style to Theo, both are more offense-minded and kinda stink defensively. In case that Theo needs to be subbed off, Laxalt can just come in and take over, and there is no need for any major change such as formation or game plan.
(02-01-2020, 04:58 AM)ACM2020 Wrote: [ -> ]Of course now, Laxalt is at best a poor man's Theo, but during his peak time, Laxalt was in fact quite a star.

Devilsmoke
During his peak time Laxalt had a couple of half decent seasons at Genoa. Never been "quite a star" in my eyes. He's in the Poli/Matri/Destro-category. Don't expect anything.
(02-01-2020, 03:38 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]During his peak time Laxalt had a couple of half decent seasons at Genoa. Never been "quite a star" in my eyes. He's in the Poli/Matri/Destro-category. Don't expect anything.

100%
I was referring to his first season at Bologna. Did you guys forget how he just bombed down the flank and terrorize the defense? I remember myself jealous of Inter owning him.

Too bad that was his peak already, but his time at Genoa was very decent too.
(02-01-2020, 06:05 PM)ACM2020 Wrote: [ -> ]I was referring to his first season at Bologna. Did you guys forget how he just bombed down the flank and terrorize the defense? I remember myself jealous of Inter owning him.

Too bad that was his peak already, but his time at Genoa was very decent too.

He only played 15 matches that season and it's already 6 years ago. Maybe you're blinded by the fact that the only 2 goals he scored were against us. Pioli was his coach at Bologna that season by the way.

Anyway, I guess we disagree on him. Hopefully he won"t have to play much.
That's okay. I am happy to accept that we disagree.

DrDejan

This mercato is over, but there’s still an opportunity to improve the team. Our star signing can be done at any time - a manager!
(02-02-2020, 04:20 PM)DrDejan Wrote: [ -> ]This mercato is over, but there’s still an opportunity to improve the team. Our star signing can be done at any time - a manager!

I don't think so. It would disrupt the chemistry and stability of the team. It will do more harm than benefit.

If we somehow managed to end the season positively, perhaps we can start thinking about that. but definitely not right now during the season.
(02-02-2020, 04:20 PM)DrDejan Wrote: [ -> ]This mercato is over, but there’s still an opportunity to improve the team. Our star signing can be done at any time - a manager!

Not a good idea. Better wait until the summer