AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Mark Van Bommel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This guy deserves his own thread. He'll never be a Milan legend I think, but I think that, while he has been with us, he showed he's still able to play at this level.
Really content with him as a midfielder. I think if we lose that guy right now, we can pack our bags for the scudetto and CL.
I thought he was going to lose it judging from the first half of the season, but recently he seemed to have come back. Okmilan

I agree that he will play a very important role in our quest for trophies. Particularly considering that Ambrosini seems to be on fast decline (except for two games against Novara).
(01-28-2012, 12:12 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]I thought he was going to lose it judging from the first half of the season, but recently he seemed to have come back. Okmilan

I agree that he will play a very important role in our quest for trophies. Particularly considering that Ambrosini seems to be on fast decline (except for two games against Novara).

I am surprised by his last three games in particular. Looks like his best days again. Something like Seedorf did at the end of last season.
The performance in Lazio match was outstanding, he owned the midfield. Let's continue to the Wembley Big Grin
(01-28-2012, 06:16 AM)Aficio Wrote: [ -> ]The performance in Lazio match was outstanding, he owned the midfield. Let's continue to the Wembley Big Grin

Why Wembley? 2013 CL final? Big Grin Let's try to get to Allianz Arena first. Grinundwech
(01-28-2012, 06:24 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2012, 06:16 AM)Aficio Wrote: [ -> ]The performance in Lazio match was outstanding, he owned the midfield. Let's continue to the Wembley Big Grin

Why Wembley? 2013 CL final? Big Grin Let's try to get to Allianz Arena first. Grinundwech

Oh, I forgot we must transit a year prior in Allianz Arena first Sagrin
I am sure that van Bommel would not mind a trip back there. Mind you that he was captain on that field. Wink

Wembley would certainly mean a huge deal for AC Milan though. 1963, 2013. Rossonero I am sure that Milan has been pumped up for it.
A water-carrier player like him is often the unsung hero of the game. Perhaps that's why there's thread for him a full year after he arrived. Aren't we some fans, huh? Girl-smiley-fingertap

I think he was at his best in Munchen playing as the "artisan" supporting the "artists" like Schweini, Robben, or Ribbery around him. He is still very useful for us, as proven by his influence during the 2nd half of last season, but in a rather mechanical midfielders like ours he is expectedly not as essential as he was for Bayern, and his age isn't doing him favor either.
I'm geting used to MVB's hard nose interception more and more,he has set a high standard for replacement.the nearest similar player I can think of is spur's sandro,or inter's motta.but not easy to aquire this 2.

I still have hopes for de rossi though,maybe montolivo also can play CDM.

(01-28-2012, 11:08 AM)will4li Wrote: [ -> ]I'm geting used to MVB's hard nose interception more and more,he has set a high standard for replacement.the nearest similar player I can think of is spur's sandro,or inter's motta.but not easy to aquire this 2.

I still have hopes for de rossi though,maybe montolivo also can play CDM.

Well, nor Sandro, not Thiago Motta are at the level of Van Bommel ... But Sandro could be a long term replacement, and not that expensive as he isn't a starter anymore in Tottenham.
Pages: 1 2