AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer mercato 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-27-2020, 10:58 AM)k7r Wrote: [ -> ]If i understand right,  Italy has three teams qualified to participate in the Europa league this term,  that would mean we have already sealed a spot,  right?

Yup. We are in the EL for sure. More likely starting at the 2nd qualifying round....unless Roma drops points in their remaining 2 games and we win both. In that case we'd go straight in the group stages.
(07-27-2020, 10:58 AM)k7r Wrote: [ -> ]If i understand right,  Italy has three teams qualified to participate in the Europa league this term,  that would mean we have already sealed a spot,  right?

No, 6th place team has to go through qualifying rounds, if Napoli finishes 7th and doesn't win Champions League.

Last year Lazio finished 8th but luckily ends up winning Coppa, Roma who finished 6th had to play qualifiers but Milan ends up withdrawing from Europa due to FFP that ends up direct qualifications for Roma and Torino(who finished 7th) qualified to play qualifiers which they were not entitled to.

There is more twist in this if Napoli wins UCL and Roma wins Europa then this will lead to disqualification to the 4th place team(which are Lazio probably).
how about wendel from sporting as a backup for bennacer?
(07-27-2020, 11:10 AM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: [ -> ]There is more twist in this if Napoli wins UCL and Roma wins Europa then this will lead to disqualification to the 4th place team(which are Lazio probably).

Considering our luck ,that scenario will happen when we finaly reach 4th place  Sagrin
Us starting earlier next seasons campaign can only be positive in maintaining the good run of the post covid phase. This teams needs to grow together game by game, day by day. That's the key to success.
(07-27-2020, 01:37 PM)sylrus Wrote: [ -> ]how about wendel from sporting as a backup for bennacer?

I heard he was also wanted by Napoli, but the problem is that Portuguese clubs demand a lot of money even for average and crap players. Sporting wants 30M btw. Sagrin Sagrin
Kessié and Bennacer attract the interest of several clubs, but for Milan, they are unsellable. (Mediaset)

Milan will strengthen their defense by signing a center-back that already knows Serie A. (Mediaset)

Milan's target Tonali is one step away from joining Inter. In the last hours' negotiations with Brescia have unlocked. Inter offers €32M+bonuses. President Cellino asks for a slightly enhanced offer. (Bresciaoggi)

Castillejo has received 3 offers from Spanish clubs. But, he decided to remain at Milan for the next season.(CM) Facepalm 

AC Milan is leading the race to secure the signing of Espanyol's midfielder, Marc Roca. There are clubs from the English Premier League who are also interested in him. (Mundo Deportivo)

The negotiations for Emerson Royal are getting more difficult. Barcelona asks for €35M. Betis asks for a percentage of the sale.
There are not many margins for an agreement between the parties involved. (Sky)

AC Milan without Ibrahimovic would sign two strikers: one with an experience like Giroud or Mandzukic, and one young striker: Scamacca. (Tuttosport)

Frederic Massara continues to have contacts with Benfica for Florentino Luis. A swap deal involving Paquetà is difficult. (Tuttosport)

Pepe Reina could stay at Aston Villa next season, the club wants to keep the goalkeeper. Pepe Reina earns 3 million euros per season.

Hakan Çalhanoğlu could renew his contract with Milan until 2024 with a salary of 3/3.5M euros/year with a bonus. (il Giornale)

Mino Raiola wants Donnarumma's clause to be less than 50 million euros. (il Giornale)
Doesnt matter if we end up 5th, 6th or 7th this season. In any case, this season ended up positively for us,for the club. This makes me happy, and optimistic for the coming season, which i hope starts through EL quali sooner , in order to keep the momentum going on. This squadron of premature kids lead by a dinosaur eager to prove his strength and leadership in his late 30s, in this period, made me believe that step by step we are going in the right direction after years of confusion. With Pioli's extension, i guess Zlatan will get an extent too and Maldini staying which is the most important part of story. I would not want to enter those Anti Rangnick discussions, my views ( maybe wrong) are firm that Maldini will grow as technical director together with these young players and Milan as a club again. The old Milan doesnt exist anymore, all whats left is Maldini as a restarting point, strengthened by maybe Massaro and Zlatan Ibrahimovic as transmitters of the old Milan menthality to the young lads and to the new management. This is the process of restore, which takes time but will be a success. i believe in this.
(07-27-2020, 03:04 PM)Artan Wrote: [ -> ]Doesnt matter if we end up 5th, 6th or 7th this season. In any case, this season ended up positively for us,for the club. This makes me happy, and optimistic for the coming season, which i hope starts through EL quali sooner , in order to keep the momentum going on. This squadron of premature kids lead by a dinosaur eager to prove his strength and leadership in his late 30s, in this period, made me believe that step by step we are going in the right direction after years of confusion. With Pioli's extension, i guess Zlatan will get an extent too and Maldini staying which is the most important part of story. I would not want to enter those Anti Rangnick discussions, my views ( maybe wrong) are firm that Maldini will grow as technical director together with these young players and Milan as a club again. The old Milan doesnt exist anymore, all whats left is Maldini as a restarting point, strengthened by maybe Massaro and Zlatan Ibrahimovic as transmitters of the old Milan menthality  to the young lads and to the new management. This is the process of restore, which takes time but will be a success. i believe in this.

3bandiera Okmilan
So Donna has a great 2020-2021 season but we finish 5th so we would have to sell him for 50 or less? if that's the way then the renewal is useless.