AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer mercato 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I never got to watch him much at Frankfurt. Obviously he had a great season and was all over the news. But he's had a horrid time in Madrid. That's not to say that he's a bad player. Manyhave failed in 1 place (especially Madrid) and gone on to be great elsewhere. BUT, if there ever was a "loan + option/obligation" deal that made sense...then it's 100% this one. The guy's quality is questionable. Give him to us on a loan and we'll include an option that turns into an obligation of he performs back to his levels. Not sure why a guy that's barely stepped on the field for Madid and done absolutely zero for the whole season, should be worth 35mil....
Maybe he's worth that and maybe he's worth more..but at this point he has to show ir first.
Speaking of €35M, I recently read a report (forgot where) that it seems the fee for Paqueta isn't the €35M as always known. Flamengo recently revealed that it is in fact €45M. Facepalm

Adding insult to injury...
(05-02-2020, 02:19 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Milan offering €35 million plus bonuses for Jovic. Seems like a big gamble to me.

No please.
(05-02-2020, 02:19 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Milan offering €35 million plus bonuses for Jovic. Seems like a big gamble to me.

perplex. 

whats the point of selling piatek in january, to go for jovic in the summer, knowing that the later one is downgrade to the first one, and the transfer fees( in and out ) are approx. the same
(05-02-2020, 04:07 PM)Artan Wrote: [ -> ]perplex. 

whats the point of selling piatek in january, to go for jovic in the summer, knowing that the later one is downgrade to the first one, and the transfer fees( in and out ) are approx. the same

Said noone ever. Off course Jovic is the better player out of the two. At least Jovic was two years younger when he started to perform and he could do more than just tap-ins.
Milan wants Club Brugge youngster Krepin Diatta (Source- Voetbalkrant)

AC Milan would be back for Florian Thauvin. According to 10 Sport, Valencia, Inter and AS Rome would remain very attentive
(05-03-2020, 10:07 PM)Aficio Wrote: [ -> ]Newcastle 30M for Kessie, deal!

https://www.acmilaninfo.com/newcastle-ke...oET813Yeu0

SOLD!!!
(05-02-2020, 02:41 PM)ACM2020 Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of €35M, I recently read a report (forgot where) that it seems the fee for Paqueta isn't the €35M as always known. Flamengo recently revealed that it is in fact €45M. Facepalm

Adding insult to injury...

All things considered, Paqueta may well be the worst purchase of the last 5 years. 

Yes, we have had worse players - but not at that price tag. His few cool tricks should not mask the fact that he has been utterly useless. I wish him the best but I don't have high expectations. We tend to overrate players because of being Brazilian and putting on a show but end results count. 

In all honesty, Borini had better impact than him. He worked hard and scored the odd goal.
(05-02-2020, 05:01 PM)Joël Wrote: [ -> ]Said noone ever. Off course Jovic is the better player out of the two. At least Jovic was two years younger when he started to perform and he could do more than just tap-ins.

Agree here. Jovic definitely looks better and more versatile.

I'd like to take him ONLY if it's on a loan with option set up. We need to try him and see if he fits Serie A first.

(05-03-2020, 10:07 PM)Aficio Wrote: [ -> ]Newcastle 30M for Kessie, deal!

https://www.acmilaninfo.com/newcastle-ke...oET813Yeu0

Where do we sign?! I'll even fly over to Milan and personally deliver him to Newcastle.

(05-04-2020, 01:59 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]All things considered, Paqueta may well be the worst purchase of the last 5 years. 

Yes, we have had worse players - but not at that price tag. His few cool tricks should not mask the fact that he has been utterly useless. I wish him the best but I don't have high expectations. We tend to overrate players because of being Brazilian and putting on a show but end results count. 

In all honesty, Borini had better impact than him. He worked hard and scored the odd goal.

A few things here. We definitely overpaid for Paqueta. 
I feel like we never got the best out of Paqueta. Not enitrely his fault but his seeming lack of effort and versatility doesn't help the situation.

Letting Borini go for me was stupid. i know many like to poke fun but he was a harder worker than most of our team and was still largely more effective than some players *CoughKessieSusoCough*