AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: European Super League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(06-09-2021, 06:26 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime,

"proceedings against Bar?a, Real Madrid and Juve until further notice! #RMCsport
The suspension of sanctions will only apply to Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and Juventus. The 9 clubs that publically left the Super League will still have to give away 5% of their European revenue to UEFA as a punishment".

So let me get this right....if you willingly left the SL and did what UEFA asked, you get to participate in UEFA compwtitions but gotta give away 5% of that revenue. BUT, if you stayed in the SL, you STILL get to participate in UEFA competitions AND keep your 100% revenue from it. Hahahahahaha
Oh well. I must be stupid because I can't make any sense of this! Big Grin

UEFA couldn't ban the clubs; couldn't fine them either. That's why Barca, Real, and Juve would be fine (instead of being fined Big Grin)

The other 9 clubs would have been fine too, but it is a different matter since the 9 clubs "willingly" signed some kind of memorandum of understanding and binding contract with UEFA, and "willingly" agreed to pay a "fine" to UEFA.

Think of a bank robber (isn't that your analogy? Big Grin). You can't rob a bank (yes, UEFA is the crook here), as you would go to jail. But if you somehow coerce/convince the bank into signing something binding and willingly transfer fund to your account, then you will be fine. UEFA played their hands really well from day 1 (I suspect they had more information than they should--PSG??), scaring the 9 clubs into believing they had no other option but to surrender. If they could hang in tight together, UEFA would have lost their plot, and the two sides would now be sitting down together to decide what's the best for the future of European soccer how it is more "fair" to divide the spoils.

As I said before, this was never any noble cause: the clubs were greedy bastards; UEFA was just pure evil motherfvcker. I was hopeful that this could lead to something good, both for our club and for the general good of this sport (though it wasn't an intended goal for either side, but had the war lasted, they would need to do something to make themselves "look good" in the public's eye.) 

The game was lost though for the clubs already when PSG (the puppet dog of UEFA) refused to join (and I even suspect that as "scab", they may even have worked with UEFA on this matter), when Bayern hesitated (they wanted to maximize their benefit but it wasn't clear which side would prevail), and certainly when the 6 PL clubs ran away at the first sight of smoke (they wanted more money, but didn't want/need to take any risk for it).

Oh well, those disgusting fans of Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Juventus have had some good time being anxious and worried about the fate of their filthy team, and I think that's worth a few million euros. Icon_lol2
They -3 clubs- haven’t got any punishment or whatsoever so far. So basically nothing ever gonna happen. At least it seems like it.
Super league to make comeback.
Looks like it is, I am not even sure the details but I tweeted this. Thoughts?

Apparently the clubs are selling this version by saying it is open to all teams, so teams can be in super league much like relegation/promotion. I am not sure why that would change my mind although it is a positive, I guess
@theMadridZone
Inter has LEFT the Super League project. @AranchaMOBILE #rmalive
@theMadridZone
Inter had a clause that PREVENTED them from joining the Super League if they did not gather the support of all their sponsors.

Lol??
Again with this bullshit? These (and ours) clubs are gonna embarrass themselves again.
Having said that, if anything even remotely close to the "ESL" was to happen, it needs to have promotion/relegation. The "closed" league model should not exist. In order to encompass more teams, have a "league" with something like 60 participants (4 groups of 15). Have some get relegated, have some participate in play offs. If you get relegated, the only way back in is through your nation's league.

But, never gonna work. Because this "relegates" each nation's league to a sort of secondary competiton. And that's never gonna happen.
I dont know if its going to happen, i dont know if they are serious enough, I dont know if fans want it, I dont know if it could work.

The only thing I do know is the financial difference between EPL and all other leagues is absolutely HUGE and if it continues like this EPL itself will be the Super League. Like NBA of football.

So Super League is happening no matter what. Inevitable. The only thing we don't know is if it will include Spanish, Italian, German giants or not.
Surprised that no one has talked about this (or, maybe I missed it?). Not sure where to put it, and I don't want to create a new thread just for it, but UEFA Champions League will have a new format starting 2024-2025.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague...d-to-know/
New plan - 80 teams, multiple divisions, no guaranteed places, teams qualify through national competitions, all countries included.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28