AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: 2021-2022 preseason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
No surprise that player's linked to a move away looked disinterested (Conti, Hauge, Samu) instead of trying to show they're worthy of the shirt.
I didn’t watch the friendl. Interesting that we are playing even more attacking. there could be room for Romagnoli but less for Kjaer due to his lack of mobility and previous difficulties in a back three: https://sempremilan.com/tuttosport-pioli...sesto-game

I’m also not sure how Calabria fits into a 352.
Kerkiz guy should get more chances for senior team as Ballo Troare is going for AFCON. He is impressive
(07-18-2021, 03:50 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Kerkiz guy should get more chances for senior team as Ballo Troare is going for AFCON. He is impressive

definitely looked impressive but we'll likely not see him during the season. 
Just like last year when Roback in particular, looked impressive.
(07-18-2021, 03:47 PM)honsano Wrote: [ -> ]I didn’t watch the friendl. Interesting that we are playing even more attacking. there could be room for Romagnoli but less for Kjaer due to his lack of mobility and previous difficulties in a back three: https://sempremilan.com/tuttosport-pioli...sesto-game

I’m also not sure how Calabria fits into a 352.

Sometimes last season Milan attacked in 3-5-2 formation, and Calabria sometimes rotate between tucking in as the 3rd CB, or providing width when either Bennacer or Kessie slots as the 3rd CB. I think Calabria will be fine.

I watched the friendly (btw, the full match iss on Milan's youtube channel). Some notes:

First-half starters:
  • Tatarusanu : nothing of note
  • Gabbia : surprisingly moved well as a makeshift RB
  • Tomori : n/a
  • Romagnoli : I can see he's fighting for his position, which will only make us a better team, as we have 3 starting CBs basically
  • Theo : probably the best player on the pitch
  • Bennacer : very active, probably 2nd best after Theo
  • Tonali : still have some problems going and bringing the ball forward. Either has to be moved slightly upfront, or a change in formation. Tonali seems to want a lot of time with the ball so he can scan the field, which he can still do as part of the double pivot, only he needs to adapt his game to be more like what Bennacer does
  • Samu : nothing of note except for the goal
  • Daniel Maldini : I don't know how good he was at Primavera a couple of seasons ago, but I'm sorry to say he's not Milan-material (yet?). Better loan him at Serie C or a lower serie B team and see how he does.
  • Krunic : to be fair, played out of position
  • Leao : wonderful movement in the first 20 minutes or so, disappeared in the last 20 minutes or so. Confirmed that he can't play SC as he always drifted wide with no one taking up his space.
Second half players:
  • Plizzari : nothing of note, similar to Tatarusanu, both GKs just didn't have much to do
  • Conti : nothing of note, given the level of competition
  • Stanga : decent, but I remember his wonderful goal last pre-season.
  • Caldara : nothing of note, but a bit awkward as left CB
  • Kerkez : little dynamic motor, one to watch in 2-3 years time. should be given ample of time to grow in Primavera and perhaps loaned out to Serie B or lower top European leagues
  • Di Gesu : good passing, but because of level of competition unknown how to handle bigger games
  • Pobega : is proving he's definitely worth one spot in the senior squad. Could be perfect to replace Kessie, allowing Tonali to focus on learning Bennacer's role.
  • Roback : nothing of note, a bit disappointing after the hype last season
  • Capone : shoud've scored 2 goals at the very least. Learn how to use the left foot dammit
  • Hauge : didn't really do much to prove he deserves a spot. Definitely could see he's way behind both Rebic and Leao as LW. If not sold for sufficient capital gain, should really be loaned out to a mid-table team.
  • Colombo : strong, fight hard, almost got a good assist that was wasted by Capone. But, he's not top serie A ready.
July 24 Milan vs. Modena (changed from Juve)
(07-19-2021, 04:23 PM)ACM2021 Wrote: [ -> ]July 24 Milan vs. Modena (changed from Juve)

The expected lineup is out, and Krunic in again. No Hauge. To me, this screams he's out. If Pioli won't even test him out in these games....there is no point in keeping him in the squad.
Tatarusanu; Gabbia, Tomori, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Tonali, Bennacer; Saelemaekers, Brahim Diaz, Krunic; Leao

Milan - Modena is 3-0 after 9 minutes

Diaz 2', Leao 5', Tomori 9'
4-0 Krunic 19' Header from Leao cross
5-0 Theo 43' Indirect FK goal
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13