AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Olivier Giroud
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Olivier Giroud
September 30, 1986
Forward

2 years contract, €1 million+1 million bonus
Salary €3.5~4 million per season

He has picked the number 9 shirt!
Welcome Oli G!
Benvenuto
Expect 15+ goals from him this year
Welcome!!! Now time for a good CAM, Samu and Fekir deal please
Artan Wrote:Expect 15+ goals from him this year

Then he needs 30+ matches.
Giroud to Milan TV:

Quote:

“I still feel like a little kid at 35, or almost 35 years old. When I was young, I looked up to Jean-Pierre Papin, Andriy Shevchenko and obviously Paolo [Maldini]. This team made me dream. I was also a big fan of Marco van Basten. So many great players have played in this massive club in Europe. Milan have a massive history in Europe and that’s why I wanted to join the club. Also to play in the best competition in Europe, in the Champions League, and I hope we can achieve great things with the team. I will be closer to my family as well, because I come from Grenoble. I’m really excited, I’m looking forward to play the first game.”

“I feel blessed that I had the opportunity to win trophies, playing for big clubs. I think Milan is a club that deserves to play at the highest level. To fight for the Scudetto in Serie A and to have a great tournament in the Champions League too. We want to play in every competition, I know that there’s the Coppa Italia too, which is very important for the tifosi [fans].”

“I spoke with Fik [Fikayo Tomori] a few weeks ago and he said: ‘we are waiting for you to help us win the Scudetto’. I don’t want to put too much pressure on everybody, but we obviously want to be the protagonists. One game that’s easy to remember, that I can’t forget, is the World Cup Final. It was a great achievement and I of course feel so proud and also blessed.”

“I spoke to Mike Maignan about the arrival at Milan. When Hugo Lloris stops, I think he will become the first choice for France. He’s very talented, I feel we have a strong team this year. I hope the team will improve and that we will always give our best to reach our targets.”

“It’s true that both my grandmothers were Italian. I’m very proud of my Italian origins, because I learned Italian at school, I love the country. The gastronomy is amazing, just a bit behind the French one, but it’s still good. No, I love it, and I’m looking forward to discovering the habits, the language, the city, going sightseeing with my family.”

“I’m very proud to be able to play for Milan and also in Serie A. A championship that I admired when I was young. I also feel proud because my favourite player when I was a teenager, was Sheva. And I’m lucky to have the opportunity to play, like him, for this massive club and to write history. I really hope I will do it and that’s why I’m here.”

“I have played against Zlatan a few times. To be playing at almost 40 years old, I think he’s an exceptional professional. You can’t play until that age, like that, without a big commitment for the team and great determination. He’s looking after himself and his body. I try to do the same to continue to enjoy football for as long as my body allows me. I think he’s an example for the youngsters, he’s one of the best strikers in Serie A and I’m looking forward to play alongside him. And enjoy training too, I think we will have fun. I just want to win something with Milan, and with Zlatan it’s even better, you know.”

“When I spoke for the first time to Mr. Pioli, it was very simple and natural. We had an honest conversation. We were talking about tactics and football in general. I like the way he’s thinking about football and his ideas. I was following Milan last year and they obviously had a great season, it’s also because of Mr. Pioli, who did a great job. I’m really looking forward to start training.”
Wish him a speedy recovery from Covid.
Was he vaccinated? I’m hoping he will have a faster recovery time if so and less symptom risk. There is word he won’t be available for Liverpool.
He was an excellent signing. We couldn't afford a better number 9 that's for certain, if he was 6 years younger and playing like this he'd fetch 60+ in this market.
Pages: 1 2 3