AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Week 2 Milan - Cagliari August 29 2021 20:45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I thought Krunic did well but still often looks lost. I don't think I've ever seen a player that looks out of position in his natural position. lol.
Tonali had a great game. Very excited with the progress he's been making.
Magic Mike looked the goods again.
overall looked very solid and dangerous. granted Cagliari are weak but still. Despite the many changes in the second half we still looked solid and didn't lose control of the game.
(08-30-2021, 02:12 AM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Krunic did well but still often looks lost. I don't think I've ever seen a player that looks out of position in his natural position. lol.
Tonali had a great game. Very excited with the progress he's been making.
Magic Mike looked the goods again.
overall looked very solid and dangerous. granted Cagliari are weak but still. Despite the many changes in the second half we still looked solid and didn't lose control of the game.

Don't forget we just got a draw against this team 3 months back.
Pleasing win. Our first back to back wins to start a season since 2003/2004 season apparently.

GREAT to see crowds at the game's again. And seeing Ibra and Kessie getting animated on the bench a few times as well as Rino watching from the stands.

Diaz: looked confident. Seems he is allowed to pick up the ball and run with it.
Tonali: Growing in confidence. That goal might really release the pressure valve for him.
Giroud: great professional and his strikes are often so clean. With 2 goals, this #9 curse may be about to end.
Krunic: not awful as some have also mentioned.
Florenzi: new to the club and Pioli's tactics but also will be a back more so I am not too worried about him.
MM: is a mighty presence in Goal and I am pleased he is at the club.

Great to start off with 6 points, and be above Juve!
Very happy with the result. Tonali was great. Sale would have scored easy tap of Leao passed to him.

It just was fun watching a game that I never feared once of losing. Hope to see more of this milan this season
(08-30-2021, 03:47 AM)ACM1899 Wrote: [ -> ]Very happy with the result. Tonali was great.  Sale would have scored easy tap of Leao passed to him.

It just was fun watching a game that I never feared once of losing. Hope to see more of this milan this season

which one? the one that got deflected by Godin? Giroud may get it before Saelesmaekers anyway. 

Or, were you talking about the one that Giroud flicked to Leao, but Leao hesitated and got blocked in the first half? That one could go in, I agree.

But Saelesmaekers skied a half-chance. This kid is still terrible in finishing.  Blush
(08-30-2021, 03:46 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: [ -> ]Pleasing win. Our first back to back wins to start a season since 2003/2004 season apparently.

GREAT to see crowds at the game's again. And seeing Ibra and Kessie getting animated on the bench a few times as well as Rino watching from the stands.

Diaz: looked confident. Seems he is allowed to pick up the ball and run with it.
Tonali: Growing in confidence. That goal might really release the pressure valve for him.
Giroud: great professional and his strikes are often so clean. With 2 goals, this #9 curse may be about to end.
Krunic: not awful as some have also mentioned.
Florenzi: new to the club and Pioli's tactics but also will be a back more so I am not too worried about him.
MM: is a mighty presence in Goal and I am pleased he is at the club.

Great to start off with 6 points, and be above Juve!

What are you talking about? We won the first four matches just last season.  Icon_lol2
(08-30-2021, 04:10 AM)ACM2021 Wrote: [ -> ]which one? the one that got deflected by Godin? Giroud may get it before Saelesmaekers anyway. 

Or, were you talking about the one that Giroud flicked to Leao, but Leao hesitated and got blocked in the first half? That one could go in, I agree.

But Saelesmaekers skied a half-chance. This kid is still terrible in finishing.  Blush

It was the one leao was trying to pass to giroud but had a wide open sale past giroud
(08-29-2021, 10:07 PM)honsano Wrote: [ -> ]The Donnarumma saga may be paying off. I think Donna would have saved the goal, but he doesn't offer us half of what Mike does with the ball at his feet. It will be a very interesting season.

Only reason Donna could have saved it because hes taller. Mike got a hand to it, still it bounced off from the post and into the goal.
(08-30-2021, 04:16 AM)Reso Wrote: [ -> ]Only reason Donna could have saved it because hes taller. Mike got a hand to it, still it bounced off from the post and into the goal.

That's true. Donnarumma has a large build and amazing reflex. He is an excellent shot-stopper to be fair. However, he was shaky with his feet, even though after years he had improved a lot. 

I have no complaint about the goal conceded, even though you can call it soft and perhaps save-able. But Joao Pedro was an amazing player and he fooled everyone (including Mike) into believing he would shoot while he passed for header. Mike's position was a bit off perhaps because of that, but he still almost saved it; you can see that he touched the ball, but it hit the post and still went in. There wasn't much Mike could have done given what happened at that moment. 

Mike is comfortable with his feet, does a good job distributing ball. Not sure if I read too much into it, but I noticed that when the ball was at Mike's feet, sometimes Cagliari players didn't even bother to press. That was unthinkable with Donnarumma. Opponents all were preying on him.
(08-30-2021, 04:16 AM)Reso Wrote: [ -> ]Only reason Donna could have saved it because hes taller. Mike got a hand to it, still it bounced off from the post and into the goal.

Donna would have saved it then pass the ball to the opponent striker for them to score.  Icon_lol2 Donna is not the kind of goalkeeper that make you feel comfortable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10