AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Week 4 Juventus - Milan September 19 2021 20:45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(09-20-2021, 02:26 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: [ -> ]Icon_lol2

I'm not the biggest Allegri fan, but I think he is getting let down by a lot of his players. 

I hope it continues!

Let just say I hate his football from the time he was managing our team. 

I don't understand what all the ex-juve players and allegri are going on about rebuilding the team bla bla bla. This allegri was gone for a year and he got some nice upgrades in Locatelli, Chiesa, Arthur, Mckennie, Kulusevski, Morata, Kean and he don't know how to use these players. His lineup last night was the same players he used before except for Locatelli and Morata. They don't know how to play football without CR.
(09-20-2021, 12:43 AM)hwmook Wrote: [ -> ]When is allegri getting the sack?  Icon_lol2

When Juve could find a good replacement. They learned the Pirlo lesson, but the most reliable one is Conte is also the most unrealistic one.
Tonali has turned into a great player, though he is still at times showing his inexperience. I can remember at least 3 times that he went for shooting at the goal instead of crossing/passing when it was almost impossible to score from such a distance. Also, when Dybala fouled him, he should have just stayed down and I am pretty sure that Dybala's intentional foul would get himself a yellow card; instead, he stood right up and when both headbutted each other, the referee conveniently gave both a yellow card. (To be fair, the referee today was satisfactory. I almost wonder if Jube ran out of money for referees.)
We tried to take the initiative from the 1st minute. Conceded on a amateurish corner kick set up that should never happen at this level...not in the 5th minute. There was no reason to have 9 players that high. The 10th, Theo, made the mistake.

But anyway...we kept digging. Juventus was defending in their own house.....how the times have changed, huh? But they did well on the counter a couple times...and as it was mentioned, the slow duo of Kjaer-Roma was exposed. Tomori is simply a monster. He has to play in the middle. Playing him on the right was a mistake.

By the way...what did Locatelli do? Every now and then people bring him up and how "great" he is. I barely heard his name today. Looked out of his depth. But look at Tonali. Completely dominated a midfield consisting of Locatelli, Bentancur, Rabiot, Kessie. He was everywhere. The best player in the middle of the park.

I never felt bothered by Juventus to be honest. I never thought they would score a 2nd. At one point, I lost hope that we would score ourselves because they kept 10 players behind the ball. But like I said....how times have changed. We went to Turin, and looked like the team that wanted to win and dominate until the 93rd minute. Juventus was scared of us. You could tell. They have not confidence and even they themselves didn't believe that they'll hold off at 1-0 for the whole game.

Also....very unfortunate that the Rebic shot (should have been a pass) missed the top corner, but even more so, that Kalulu counter. We should have won this game.

Gotta say...we've improved on counter attacks greatly. We make better decisions. We are crisper. We change up our runs in diagonals and not just vertical. We are dangerous every time an opponent gives us some space to run.

It's a pitty we didn't win. I guess that comment alone says a lot about how far we've come. A couple years ago I would have sat there biting my nails hoping Juventus doesn't score. Would have been ecstatic with a draw. Today, I was sitting there disappointed we didn't win.
(09-20-2021, 04:53 AM)ACM2021 Wrote: [ -> ]Tonali has turned into a great player, though he is still at times showing his inexperience. I can remember at least 3 times that he went for shooting at the goal instead of crossing/passing when it was almost impossible to score from such a distance. Also, when Dybala fouled him, he should have just stayed down and I am pretty sure that Dybala's intentional foul would get himself a yellow card; instead, he stood right up and when both headbutted each other, the referee conveniently gave both a yellow card. (To be fair, the referee today was satisfactory. I almost wonder if Jube ran out of money for referees.)

Juve announced more than 200m loss for last season. I am sure they have not been paying off for the services of ........ Sagrin
Welcome to the Rebic show.

He should of had 2 goals tonight. I need diaz to play and not imagine he is the next Messi with his dribbles. Make a run and distribute, not run and pass 2 players just to fall down or lose possession after.

As others have mentioned Kessi is garbage , Theo sucks, Bennacer I have hope for still. And finally MM as our gk is an absolute stud.

Forza Milan we should of had a win but leaving away game to juve with a draw is a strong display. We aren't scared thatsbthe main thing. Soon as we start scoring goals and have some wins with 2-0 ,4-1 etc confident would be sky high.
Let's put it this way guys... we're 3 wins and a draw against 2 of the bigger teams plus a mid table team and a poor team.

While Roma lost to a Mid table team and Inter drew to the only decent team they've played.

4 games in and we're looking very good and look to be building on the form we had last season.

Now we just need to keep our players fit and we'll do well this season.
Lets put it this way. Out best players ( Benna, Kessie, Theo, Ibra, Giroud?) are still to reach full form or have not played at all and we are still very convincing. This is a great sign, it is a sign of depth and quality. Scudetto is won on depth and good compact defense. And it seems we have that.
(09-20-2021, 07:46 AM)Kastriot Wrote: [ -> ]Lets put it this way. Out best players ( Benna, Kessie, Theo, Ibra, Giroud?) are still to reach full form or have not played at all and we are still very convincing. This is a great sign, it is a sign of depth and quality. Scudetto is won on depth and good compact defense. And it seems we have that.

Like this  Okmilan
1-1, I don't know if I should be happy with the draw or disappointed to not have won. After the first half, wich was very bad from us I would've been very happy to get a draw. But in the second half we could ve won this one. We wanted to win! Juve didn't want to loose, times have changed, great to see.
Tomori should always play in the middle, a pairing of romagnoli and kjaer is too slow. I actually don't mind who pays next to him, romagnoli and kjaer are equal I guess. I still like our captain and I hope he stays. Tomori is fantastic, what a season he is having.

Also big praise for Tonali, he looks very good this season, he's a real fighter and he has skills. a mix between Pirlo and Gattuso. Great to see him getting that assist, also scoring from a free kick this season. That was the only thing Hakan was really good at, set pieces; But Tonali is already making us forget that! Good job Kid.

What the hell is wrong with Kessie this season, the guy looks totally off, like he doesn't care, his head is elsewhere. Better play Tonali/bennacer and Bakayoko, sell Kessie in January. I'm really really disappointed by him. What a bag of sh*t he is.

Also Theo didn't look good yesterday, we haven't seen the best of him yet this season.

In a game like this were our opponent parks the bus for the whole game we should have one of giroud or Ibra available, big guys who can do something with a cross, it's a shame we missed them both. Injuries are already killing us.

Next game vs Venezia I expect to see a lot of changes, I also hope to see Pellegri, not from the start but at least 20mins as a sub. And can we give Tomori a rest?

Hopefully our injured players aren't out for too long... Its ridiculous how many players are already out. Our squad depth is gone at the moment... We can field a strong starting 11 but thats about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12