AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Injuries - Who, when, how long ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-01-2013, 05:29 PM)Aficio Wrote: [ -> ]I almost forgot this thread.

Good news then.
True. No news is the best news, when it comes to this thread.
(04-01-2013, 05:44 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care for either at this moment. I hope that de Jong gets well soon. Wink

I agree, I think De Jong should be missed regardless of how good we've been performing. He started playing really well before his injury, and being new to our team and us performing so terrible in the beginning of the season it's only natural that we didn't get to see the best of him. I look forward to his comeback I think he'll play a rather big role in our mid next season.
De Jong is out for the season without a doubt, it seems he's only going to start to make some light fitness, etc ...

All the other players seem back in training now.
Anyway, with 8 games still to play, we can already say that something has changed, we haven't suffered any injury crisis so far, and our main players have been injury free for most of the season.

The few players who've been injured often (Didac, Robinho) will probably leave. So we can be optimistic for the next seasons that we won't lose any title because of injuries.
(04-03-2013, 08:08 AM)GeoTav Wrote: [ -> ]De Jong is out for the season without a doubt, it seems he's only going to start to make some light fitness, etc ...

All the other players seem back in training now.
Anyway, with 8 games still to play, we can already say that something has changed, we haven't suffered any injury crisis so far, and our main players have been injury free for most of the season.

The few players who've been injured often (Didac, Robinho) will probably leave. So we can be optimistic for the next seasons that we won't lose any title because of injuries.

but doesn't it require that there should be a team that wants them? why would any team want players that are constantly injured? I believe that we almost closed the deal sending Didac away to Valencia, but they sent him back after a failed medical.
Maybe Valencia was a too big team to welcome a player who hasn't played one single minute in Milan ... But we should find small teams in Spain wanting him, and I'm sure he won't refuse as well because the guy probably just wants to play.

Robinho is constantly linked with Brazilian teams, especially Santos, so it's almost a sure statement to say he will leave and return to Brazil.
I hope we'll see Pazzini in the game against Fiorentina...Having spent a month on the bench recovering from his injury, he's ready to appear on the pitch, as far as I know http://www.footballtop.com/news/pazzini-...fiorentina It'll be a tough game and such players as him can make a significant effect on the result.
I'm just curious.. Balotelli had been tried out at RW a few times in his career. I wonder if Allegri would ever consider ELS-----Pazzini------Balotelli trio..
Obviously it shouldn't be consistently used, because I think Niang does very well on the wing and that's also where Boateng's been at his seasons best so far.. But I'd be curious to see how it would work out. I don't think Balotelli would act as your traditional winger, but it's just a way to integrate our three top scorers into the same line. Wouldn't try it against fiorentina though, maybe when we get an easier opponent.
(04-05-2013, 02:52 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just curious.. Balotelli had been tried out at RW a few times in his career. I wonder if Allegri would ever consider ELS-----Pazzini------Balotelli trio..
Obviously it shouldn't be consistently used, because I think Niang does very well on the wing and that's also where Boateng's been at his seasons best so far.. But I'd be curious to see how it would work out. I don't think Balotelli would act as your traditional winger, but it's just a way to integrate our three top scorers into the same line. Wouldn't try it against fiorentina though, maybe when we get an easier opponent.

I have no doubt that he would perform well in RW position but we might suffer when we are in defensive mode. Both El Sha and Niang have been helping the defense a lot and Balotelli is not as good as both forward wingers defensively. We might need a very good right-sided players defensively to compensate Balo's weakness.

The idea is good and we could benefit a lot if the formation works well. Pazzini the hunter, Balo the supplier Big Grin.
Exactly my thoughts on your last statement. IDK though, you're right completely that Niang and ELS help a lot in defending. That's also why I think I might also prefer Boateng then Balotelli at RW, he works pretty hard as well. I read an interview from DS where he said that ELS and Boateng work the hardest in training and usually stay after hours to train together. BTW, Boa also got a tattoo recently of Milan symbol, in addition to the tattoo of winning 18th scudetto the year we won as wellBig Grin I sort of regret some of the criticism I aimed at him earlier in the season, it seems like he's at Milan for the long haul and above all that may very well be the reason why management gave him the #10 jersey. Plus, he's a good asset to the team if he continues performing how he has been recently which is good (not amazing, but at a high level). In big games he is more often one of our players with a cooler head (against barca for ex. he was cool in possession compared to the rest of our team) and made some good passes.

Anyhow, about my Balotelli RW, Pazzini CF.. The only grounds I have for saying that is I'd think Pazzini,ELS and Balotelli being our highest scorers would score a load of goals together. But at the same time, Boateng and Niang suit RW best and they are great at supplying our attackers and working in defending.