AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Injuries - Who, when, how long ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-16-2013, 10:52 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2013, 08:26 AM)Beppe Wrote: [ -> ]??? I thought everybody here was happy with the Poli signing, signing him was our best transfer of the summer, all the rest is crap.

Exactly what I was thinking. I presume the whole disagree on position thing is aimed at me and a couple of others as we disagreed on this, but I never thought too many posters were negative on the Poli signing and most seemed pleased with him during preseason.

I for one have always advocated signing Poli, since the rumours began during last season.

I didn't say anyone was negative? I said I was pleased to see the praise he's now getting, which I was giving him at the start while others (like yourself) said 'too early to judge' etc. I agreed with that notion in principle but put my balls on the chopping board to lavish praise on him early.

And now others are following suit. Took your time Tongue
Anyone know if ELS will be back for Wednesday?
(09-16-2013, 10:54 PM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know if ELS will be back for Wednesday?

I don't think so. At least I don't believe that I have heard anything that could lead to that happening. Sad
(09-16-2013, 10:13 PM)Danny Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't say anyone was negative? I said I was pleased to see the praise he's now getting, which I was giving him at the start while others (like yourself) said 'too early to judge' etc. I agreed with that notion in principle but put my balls on the chopping board to lavish praise on him early.

Let's get something straight. I've always been positive on the Poli transfer, even if I was cautious as to how positive the transfer would be. Even now I think it's too early to say he's a great signing. Don't twist what I've said.

As for the rest of your post, just go see my post in the Flamini thread about behaving like an asshole.
(09-17-2013, 10:58 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2013, 10:13 PM)Danny Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't say anyone was negative? I said I was pleased to see the praise he's now getting, which I was giving him at the start while others (like yourself) said 'too early to judge' etc. I agreed with that notion in principle but put my balls on the chopping board to lavish praise on him early.

Let's get something straight. I've always been positive on the Poli transfer, even if I was cautious as to how positive the transfer would be. Even now I think it's too early to say he's a great signing. Don't twist what I've said.

As for the rest of your post, just go see my post in the Flamini thread about behaving like an asshole.
I couldnt agree more with you ACMILAN1983.
Also the fact Danny is again behaving like an asshole.
No use for bragging "I was right" here. We all want the best for the club.

And Danny, for the record, I have always been a keen admirer of Poli since his Sampdoria days, that he will be "next big thing" in Italy NT midfield, and I feel very confident of our mercato when it starts with Poli purchase. And I believe most of us here are happy too to see him in a Milan shirt.

About 'too early to judge', well, some people for example, me included, can think that even it's too early to judge whether SES will be world class or not (and it is too early indeed, and he had played for us more than one season).
Anyone have an idea of how long Monti is expected to be out? I never heard anything more after 'will perform follow up tests'.

Also, any word on ELS return?

We are going to need both of them for Napoli (unfortunately would probably only use one)
It seems to me like most of our injuries seem like half-ass fitness problems rather than actual impact injuries (during game or prac. etc.). All of our players current injuries just point to the fact that they were simply out of form, and it's still visible in our game play. I'm not sure whether to relate this to a recent interview from Pato regarding our training regime. He pretty much said that at Corinthians he isn't experiencing injury problems, and he blames Milans training methods as 'too intense' in much too short a period of time. I'm not sure whether to call him a moron because Milan and Corinthians are two completely different club on two completely different levels, or maybe he's right? Makes absolutely no sense that so many players are injured and so early on.

What makes it even harder to understand is that most of them are young, and in their early 20's if not still teenagers; Saponara,ELS,Niang,DS.. Obviously age isn't a macro factor in the entirety of this issue. I always feared Kaka would get injured, not so early on but I didn't expect him to have a full year without injury. That's not to say it limits what he can offer to us (which I still think can be something good), but then again he isn't in any type of shape after so long being out at Madrid. I'm hoping Montolivo comes back in better form than before he was injured, I'm not sure if many of you agree but he seemed to be in atrocious form in the first couple games. He was VERY unusually losing possession or giving fatigued passes, but regardless he was still one of our better performers. His injury just leads me to thinking more and more that this whole problem is all just one big mess of inadequate fitness.
(09-21-2013, 07:19 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hoping Montolivo comes back in better form than before he was injured, I'm not sure if many of you agree but he seemed to be in atrocious form in the first couple games.

I certainly agree with you there and I doubt I'm the only one.
The way I would think about this whole injury thing is that, do you think other clubs in Europe (elite that is) follow similar training methods? I figure yes. I mean there is just sooo much money in european futbol these days that there have to be smarter people than you and I who question the methods used to care for their investments before we (or the media) even get to think about it.

Sometimes I think the biggest problem with the injuries is that the squad is soooo thin on talent that if a talented player gets injured it hurts more and it is noticed A LOT more. If there were depth to this team outside of our strikers we wouldn't be so fixated on current injuries. It may just be more of a perception thing.

If there really is something more sinister going on with our training methods....I will be very afraid to see what happens next year after most our players will probably be spending their summer in a World Cup. We may not even have a squad!