AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Injuries - Who, when, how long ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-10-2017, 12:59 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]I am not happy to hear that, also because it will put Montella on the spot (and somehow I don't fully trust him): Locatelli or Montolivo?

Surely it has to be Loca!!! I suppose we'll see if he's got the balls to make the right call
Hopefully Locatelli convinces Montella to use him and not Montolivo. If 4 weeks is correct he could be back for match vs Lazio in September Big Grin
Surely Biglia would not turn into another Redondo, will he? Sad
MILAN MEDICAL DIRECTOR MELEGATI: “BIGLIA RECOVERING WELL & IS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE, JACK OUT FOR 2-3 WEEKS, ROMAGNOLI…”

Aug 22, 2017

Gianluca Melegati has provided an update on the situations of Lucas Biglia, Giacomo Bonaventura, Riccardo Montolivo and Alessio Romagnoli, saying the 22-year-old Italian center back is fine now after a ‘troubled period’.

Milan have only played four official matches so far this season but already lost two players to injury in Biglia and Bonaventura, while Romagnoli missed the entire pre-season due to a meniscus problem and Montolivo was yesterday sent for some tests (along with the Argentine midfielder) at Columbus Clinic following some scares.

Today (Tuesday), Milan medical director Gianluca Melegati gave an update on the situation of these players. Melegati, who was responsible for the medical sector of Milan in the 2010-11 season when the Diavolo won the Scudetto, was brought back by Marco Fassone at the start of the summer, replacing Rodolfo Tavana, who worked at Milan during the Sacchi days and from 2011 to 2017.

“Biglia [who arrived at Milan from Lazio]? Following an injury to the flexor in his thigh, Biglia is recovering very well and ahead of schedule,” Melegati told MilanTV. “It’s a delicate zone, so caution is absolutely essential. We think that he will return soon and it gives us great satisfaction.

“Bonaventura? He had an elongation of the quadricep, not particularly serious, but considering the characteristics it is to be treated with caution. He will be out for two to three weeks, but here too there is optimism. Montolivo? He is part of those players who can get muscular problems after a series of games. He had specific tests that ruled out lesions, just fatigue so we’re dealing with it.

“Romagnoli? We no longer consider him among the ‘patients’ because he is fine. He is back training and is in the squad after a difficult period. We resolved everything conservatively, without the surgical option, as that could’ve caused problems in the long run. Now he’s on the right track.”

It’s possible that Alessio will play already on Thursday as before the match against Crotone, Montella said that he chose to let Romagnoli rest so he is ready for the second leg against KF Shkëndija.

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2017/08/22/...romagnoli/
Our most important player should be Biglia but having new quality players in starting eleven with Kessie has been being superb, seems Biglia is somehow forgotten. Big Grin

I wonder how we play if we get best Biglia plus Kessie. Not even think if Calhanoglu also reaches hist best. Big Grin
I don't think he's forgotten, but there's not much to discuss while he's injured. But you're right, he's vital.
(08-24-2017, 04:40 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he's forgotten, but there's not much to discuss while he's injured. But you're right, he's vital.

What I mean is that we haven't think about him. If our sub is poor and other midfielders are also bad, we might miss him a lot. But now our play does not depend a lot from regista since our fullbacks have been very good and there is also Kessie who has been great. Maybe due to the fact we haven't get any benefit from Biglia, we could not think what we could miss if Biglia is out of the play.
Conti out for 6 months, torn ACL.
The chance for Scudetto is now very limited. A wing is broken.