AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Salute our old guard (Ambrosini, Seedorf, Nesta & Abbiati) all did an amazing job tonight and i think that it was the result that we were looking for. Cant blame Ibra too much except for his one on one with Valdes. Antonini and Bonera were outstanding too. Tactically Allegri got it spot on except when he brought on Urby for Boateng and Messbah for Nesta, but remember we did not have too many options on the bench. Our top priority buy for next summar has and has to be a WC left back. We r bleeding on the left. I dont agree we were lucky. We had a plan and we executed it to perfection. All it takes us is one goal at the Nou Camp and if we could get atleast few of our injured players back then i am pretty sure we are going through. Also today we played with our second string defence and we managed a draw which is great.
(03-28-2012, 09:50 PM)Revolver Wrote: [ -> ]I really think Ibra should get a paycheck cut for his display tonight. He was miserable, not even eager to run a yard.
It's more clearer and clearer why Allegri wants (another) striker. Robinho and Ibra are great for Serie A. Period. In CL they suck a big time.

Exactly my thoughts, mate. It's scandalous that player that literally NEVER plays well on big stage is earning 10m a year.
Except I would give Robinho more chances to prove himself.

Robinho always takes a while to regain form and is always crap after injuries. Today was his first game after an injury, and unlike a LEGEND Nesta, he cannot play at top level right on.

Seriously though, Nesta is an absolute legend. The minute he left the pitch our defense started to look weaker.
I stated he is trying to link up. He was used as a pure target man and point man in this match. For some reason people tends to only remember what Ibra did not do or screw up instead of stuff he did n the pitch or tried to do. There was a chance where he got the ball and try to feed it to either Boateng or Robinho upfront, but the defense cleared it. Normally, Boateng or Robinho would actually run wide to take a defender away from play in order to create space for Ibra, but they didn't. If there were better movement, the game would have been different.

As for Pato, people crucified him bc he always try to dribble pass every defenders by himself instead of using his team and the fact that he gets injured for 2 months after playing 3 games. At least, that's what bothers me the most.
Stop every pass to Ibra was 13 feet in the air and he took almost everything down , held the ball up well..He isn't a one man team wasn't great but wasn't bad either .
(03-28-2012, 09:59 PM)Revolver Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2012, 09:52 PM)fLame Wrote: [ -> ]Pato was crucified for every game where midfield didn't work for him (90% of Pato's bad games actually). But for Ibra it's a valid excuse?
Ibra had a shittier game than all Pato's matches put together.
Pato scored a wonder goal vs Barca, and hitman along with other people still said Pato sucked.

Anyway, my point is - sign Tevez or bring back Pato.
Ibra will flop in every big match, and at 29y.o. things aren't going to change.

This was the best post I read here since long time ago. Truth to the bone!

Whenever Ibra plays bad - and that is about every match against top 4 or 5 oppositions in the world - everyone is saying "He didn't had support". And whenever Pato plays bad - "Pato sucks".

And your right, in every bad game Pato played for us, he received no service at all. The guy scored literally against every big team he had a chance to play against, and still he sucks :S

Make Pato healthy or buy Tevez. Simple.

I would always critizise Ibra in the big games but not today. I think against the best team in the world and with the kinda team we had today i would say Ibra did a decent job and i would not expect that from Pato (who at one point was my favourite player). The point i am making is Pato is very good and with an amazing midfield he would kill it but he needs to create some of his own as well. Simply put he s not matured yet.

(03-28-2012, 09:50 PM)Nalx Wrote: [ -> ]I have mixed feelings about this. We were rubbish upfront and wasteful with few chances that came our way. Yet compares to the two group games when we conceded five goals our defense did an admirable job tonight. And remember, we missed our 1st choice CB and RB tonight.

Barca couldn't really do much. Perhaps it had something to do with San Siro pitch. We all know what happened on a much better pitch in London. So result-wise, this scoreline with no goal conceded at home is acceptable IMO.
Its not a rocket science. I didn't start those threads, simple Devilcool
I have nothing against bad game of any of our player. But, when a player in his best years plays with no attitude at all and 34-36 years players are leaving their hearts on the pitch, then I'm pissed. He should be shamed for Seedorf, Ambrosini and Nesta.
not a bad result... clinical finisher/finishing is needed... we missed 2 penalties and gave up one
(03-28-2012, 09:38 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever has happened with Bonera and Antonini no one change it. Diet, the water, whatever Big Grin
Or just maybe they both have finally realized that they are Italians and play for AC Milan Sagrin

Bonera Okmilan Antonini Okmilan Who says we need a LB Sagrin Blush
(03-28-2012, 10:08 PM)mzk57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2012, 09:50 PM)Nalx Wrote: [ -> ]I have mixed feelings about this. We were rubbish upfront and wasteful with few chances that came our way. Yet compares to the two group games when we conceded five goals our defense did an admirable job tonight. And remember, we missed our 1st choice CB and RB tonight.

Barca couldn't really do much. Perhaps it had something to do with San Siro pitch. We all know what happened on a much better pitch in London. So result-wise, this scoreline with no goal conceded at home is acceptable IMO.
Its not a rocket science. I didn't start those threads, simple Devilcool

So what are you waiting for, mate? Kindly dig up old Clint Eastwood's quote and open the thread for the 2nd leg Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32