AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
I actually think they may have changed the watering pattern to ensure the pitch played terribly and I'm fine with that. It slowed Barca down so much I feel they decided to just play up the middle rather than outwide along the edges (our clear weak point).

I would almost be happy if for the 2nd leg if Binho sits and Urby plays alongside Ibra (on paper) but really a Christmas tree formation behind Ibra with KPB. That gives us more grit in midfield as Binho didn't drop back much and overall was kind of useless while allowing us the speed to counter attack during their spells of possession. A fair result but again we failed to capitalize on our chances.

If we want to win this tie I think it is imperative that our DM makes more tackles to break up their possession to spur a counter and in general we don't allow such long spells where we sit deep and defend.
Despite san ciro's bad pitch,milan defence should get credit they deserve.it proves that an italian compact defence system is most effective against this barca,what we should improve on from this point is counter efficiency.robinho is not up for task even he is fully fit,we need a player with great pace and individual capability like robben or torres.
Now i know why real hate barcas players & staff.. Such little babys, if i had to play them as much as real did id proably end up personally flying over to barca and slapping out everyone of those midgets.. They complain off everything, today they complain about the pitch, puyol we should've got to penalties.. this that... did we not play on the same pitch ?? did we not miss two practically open nets through binho and ibra.. all they do better then us is hold possession, through that is why they can get more opportunities to attack. the only way we attack them is when we have those 10 seconds on the counter attack.. nonethe less im pleased with how we did, going to barca we go by away goals.. even just a goal can proove to be so crucial .. we need to put out a performance identical to today, with ibras chance being a goal.. antonini played amazing btw..

does anyone have any idea in the world how bonera and antonini got so good lately.. im telling you it's not normal?

imo, would be amazing to have pato back for 2nd leg
It seems that Italian are producing late bloomers right now.maybe we should give time to mesbah,he has played not over 10 matches in milan,he is only to get better.

Slowdorf was also impressive,maybe it's partly due to barca is not a very physical team,so he won't burn out early.
(03-29-2012, 12:45 AM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]To the people asking why Cesc didn't come on, Tello is more of a direct, impact player than Cesc. We were defending very deep and bringing Cesc on wouldn't make much of a difference compared to Iniesta. Tello got into a few good positions with his pace. Our forwards better be ready to score in the next leg because I doubt we can keep Barca out for 180 mins.

Thank you. But I meant Barca subbed in both Tello and Pedro. IMO, Tello, Pedro, Bojan,... are of one kind, having more than one of them on the field is not effective. Tello performed quite well, but Pedro was owned by... Mesbah. So I think the idea is not appropriate, it is quite similar to Wenger's decision of bringing in both Chamnark and Park Chu Yong.
Honestly, and don`t get me wrong. Don`t forget the attitude you had when Thiago left the pitch on Saturday against Roma. I bet your first thought was damn we will get hammered by Barca. I bet that also Allegri had the same idea crossing his mind. And he built a strategy around that idea.
Don`t get cocky and ask for more only because we saw that we could handle Barca. We handled Barca only because we sacrificed our usual attacking game. The moment that we would try to outscore them, they would outscore us. Real M. always fails at outscoring them,always.

Considering that we had Tiago,Abate, Bommel, Pato out of the game with Boateng,Robinho and Nesta coming of injury,be extremely happy that we have an active result going in Nou Camp,even better we did not concede. And if smth was obvious last night is that it is not that hard to score against Barca, only with some better finishing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona is a new reality in football. If they are not the best team ever, they are for sure the second best. MIlan fans hate that, because we used to be like this, but things have changed,and results like this one should be welcomed.
Last night we just got the biggest recognition of this "new" Allegri generation. I have never seen Guardiola put such a cautious approach to his game beside Real M. They did not force their entire team to attack us.It was only Dani, Messi, Xavi and Alexis attacking us with all the other protecting out attackers. And sacrificing Iniesta on the flank to have Keita in the team just shows how scared Pep was entering the game.

Stop complaining about Ibra and Pato. Be proud we stood our ground. Be proud for Nesta, Ambro and Seedorf.

(03-28-2012, 03:29 PM)mzk57 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='tello' pid='26376' dateline='1332937707']

..sounds very rusty.
it would be good news if they had played a match prior to today's.
so, it is not so good news coming into CL match from injury.

Party dance...but hey, this is wonderful news for us at Camp Nou.
Welcome to the Milan zone Tello. Have a good time here, but I REALLY hope your team loses in both games Sagrin

Anyway, i would like to know how you feel as a Barca supporter about the Pep's decisions of playing with strange formations of no defenders, and some crazy number of midfielders, which unsettled the already perfectly established team and virtually gifted la liga crown to Madrid. I think idea of playing Dani Alvez as RCB and Adriano as right winger is one of the dumbest tactical swaps in the history of football, coming from a genius like Pep.

(03-28-2012, 03:24 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]Big Grin[/color][/font]

our away form in La Liga has a lot more to do with dropping points than anything else.
option of Alves & Adriano has been tried and tested to some success, having said that, it may not be next best thing to Xavi-Iniesta-Messi trio down the center, again the 3 musketeers won't necessarily be effective facing RMA when we may need to cross in from the flanks as possible.

La Liga has now become contestable again, we are finishing strongly as RMA get increasingly anxious hoping to close the season off before it actually does. April Classico should zoom in on who goes to win it and who ends up below the winner.

correct
stop complaining and be proud
but not many people can do that
truth be told, last night i was really calm when watching the game, its not like when we go against arsenal on the 2nd leg
what i notice is, we play pressure football just like barca, up high on the pitch, using our strikers to get the ball in their own half
if just our final touch could had been more clinical, we could win the game
only when nesta is off the pitch that i starting to get shaky
The tactics of Allegri was good : pressing the defenders of Barcelona in their own half (some moments of panics from their players sometimes, because I think they're not that used to be pressed this way in their own half), and then, deeply defending behind (Barcelona isn't actually fast, they generally play a lot of passes before really attacking) to allow the midfielders to come back too and play a positionnal defence. Ambrosini was there to press Messi 95% of the time and whoever was coming near our goal, so actually, Ambrosini almost played like a 3rd CB yesterday. Even Seedorf and Nocerino were there, near our goal, when Barcelona had the ball.

In Camp Nou, the same kind of tactics will be needed, and some luck too because yesterday, when we attacked, it was obvious we could have done better. Barcelona were under pressure the 2-3 times we decided to push forward as a team (generally, these moments were coming just after the fans made some big noise in the stadium to encourage our players). The main problem was that we didn't do it well enough, resulting in some lost balls after 4-5 minutes of domination, and when we lost these balls, Barcelona became suddenly very dangerous. I think it's why we then stopped to attack, our players probably felt that one or two more mistakes forward could cost us a goal, and probably end our CL run.

For the next game, we know that Barcelona will attack us from the first minute, so we'll have to recall them, early in the game, that we are able to attack too, and with the minutes passing, that could make a weird game with Barcelona not attacking like they usually do ...
(03-29-2012, 10:15 AM)GeoTav Wrote: [ -> ]The tactics of Allegri was good : pressing the defenders of Barcelona in their own half (some moments of panics from their players sometimes, because I think they're not that used to be pressed this way in their own half), and then, deeply defending behind (Barcelona isn't actually fast, they generally play a lot of passes before really attacking) to allow the midfielders to come back too and play a positionnal defence. Ambrosini was there to press Messi 95% of the time and whoever was coming near our goal, so actually, Ambrosini almost played like a 3rd CB yesterday. Even Seedorf and Nocerino were there, near our goal, when Barcelona had the ball.

In Camp Nou, the same kind of tactics will be needed, and some luck too because yesterday, when we attacked, it was obvious we could have done better. Barcelona were under pressure the 2-3 times we decided to push forward as a team (generally, these moments were coming just after the fans made some big noise in the stadium to encourage our players). The main problem was that we didn't do it well enough, resulting in some lost balls after 4-5 minutes of domination, and when we lost these balls, Barcelona became suddenly very dangerous. I think it's why we then stopped to attack, our players probably felt that one or two more mistakes forward could cost us a goal, and probably end our CL run.

For the next game, we know that Barcelona will attack us from the first minute, so we'll have to recall them, early in the game, that we are able to attack too, and with the minutes passing, that could make a weird game with Barcelona not attacking like they usually do ...

..Sagrin What a way to go.
Your Pitch was less than impressive.
just thick green thatches soaked in salty water and low-fat butter smears.Sagrin that was about the only creative etho you could have on the night. who did that.?

Let me have a good laugh at the Ref>..Devilol or not. 2 CLEAR PENALTIES stolen from us. You frustrated us beyond our back-holes things started itching just a little. Then again, your rusty injury come-backs of Robinho and Boateng showed how jiggly their kicking legs cold get, (how dissapointing in a blunt position and clear on goal-not affected by any element, well..except the butter surface)

2nd leg, will gurantee one thing. an excellent playing carpet.Okmilan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32