AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-20-2022, 12:18 AM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]it's 20m now and the court case is to have Lille pay it as they should have from the start. Leao likely doesn't want to make a decision because Sporting losing the case means Leao is back to paying the figure. 

I agree with most of what was said in this comment but would stil lreally consider selling at 100m. Only because we still have so many spots to improve and that money would make huge inroads to fixing those holes.

100% this comment. Nkunku would be a huge signing but I fear we'll be priced out with reportedly some EPL clubs interested.

I completely disagree. If we didn't have someone as conservative as Elliott take over, we very well might not even have a Serie A club by now. We were bleeding 100s of millions a year AND had nothing to show for it. Elliott have resolved our spending while also got us challenging for top spot again. There's no evidence that they'll be holding us back from progressing. 
we also can't go from exile to Top European club within a couple of seasons. 
It took us years to become a nothing club. It will take us years to get back up to the top IF we ever get there to be honest. Look how long Juve have been trying and they never really got there.
The way I see it, is that the people they hired such as Maldini & Co. were given a stringent budget and had to work magic within it. They will continue to do so yes, so Elliott will continue to be successful however I think with money and an ownership that is willing to blow some $$$ we could do even better. 

That being said my main consideration in saying Elliott doesn't deserve Milan is that they clearly want to sell, this was all just about maximizing their return on the sale. Milan should not be in the hands of an ownership that has this intention, at least not for much longer. Sure, they improved us and themselves so it's a win win but we need a more permanent long term solution at this point. A club of Milan's stature should not just be a profit margin
MN: €480k man to immovable starter – Milan ready to reward Kalulu with big pay rise

Kalulu is expected to sign an extension until 2026 with an increase in the salary from €500k net per season to €1.5m plus bonuses.

Wish my employer would triple my wage

AC Milan are interested in signing Morgan Gibbs-White from Wolves now his loan spell at Sheffield United has expired, according to a report.
Wolves ask minimum of £10M but would prefer to keep him after a successful loan spell.

We are also still linked to Gabriel Jesus and Rodrygo.
Lewandowski on his way out. Barca probably can't afford him.
Is he too short term ?

I hope we're still looking at Hložek too.
(05-20-2022, 12:42 AM)ACMmike Wrote: [ -> ]That being said my main consideration in saying Elliott doesn't deserve Milan is that they clearly want to sell

While I don't 100% disagree there... that's what we have. and that's what we wil lget. 
only 3 types of owners for tops clubs these days...
Billionaires willing to throw money
Corporations/Businesses wanting long term profit (looking at making money from sale of club as an example)
Corporations/Businesses wanting short term profit

The ideal is a rich Arab willing to throw all his money in the club. But that doesn't necessarily mean we'll be successful * See P$G. 

(05-20-2022, 03:35 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: [ -> ]Lewandowski on his way out. Barca probably can't afford him.
Is he too short term ?

I hope we're still looking at Hložek too.

Would love Lewa. even if it's for 12 months only. also. yes please to Hlozek.
(05-20-2022, 04:00 AM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]While I don't 100% disagree there... that's what we have. and that's what we wil lget. 
Corporations/Businesses wanting long term profit (looking at making money from sale of club as an example)

The ideal is a rich Arab willing to throw all his money in the club. But that doesn't necessarily mean we'll be successful * See P$G. 

Fair enough. I just have a hard time loving a team so much and not allowing myself to get attached to these 'ghostish' owners. I'd like a face behind the club and perhaps it's just what I've been used to supporting the club for so many years with Berlusconi and Galliani. Maybe it doesn't exist anymore
Which Rodrygo are we linked with? Real Madrid one? I thought he was doing well there. Why would they sell him?
(05-19-2022, 11:47 PM)ACMmike Wrote: [ -> ]Elliott doesn't deserve Milan, period. Yes I like how they're running the club, but we need the superstars we need the high salaries and we need the trophies. If Milan is to truly return to its appropriate heights then we're competing with Madrid and Liverpool. Elliott isn't even who we have to thank tbh, its all down to Maldini. If they hired them, then that's all I thank Elliott for. Maldini & Co are who made Milan return to being a winning side with working so well in those constraints.

i dont need it as a milan fan, i prefer we go the route of homegrown players
(05-20-2022, 04:54 AM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Which Rodrygo are we linked with? Real Madrid one? I thought he was doing well there. Why would they sell him?

mbappe coming there
(05-20-2022, 04:54 AM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Which Rodrygo are we linked with? Real Madrid one? I thought he was doing well there. Why would they sell him?

Real Madrid's one. For what Sylrus said. He won't want to be benched behind M'bappe. 
(05-20-2022, 04:59 AM)sylrus Wrote: [ -> ]mbappe coming there

You would think Asensio and Isco go before Rodrygo,  but if we have even the smallest chance at him, we have to ask the question.
(05-20-2022, 04:00 AM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]While I don't 100% disagree there... that's what we have. and that's what we wil lget. 

I think he could go 2 year's,  but how does a rotation of Lewa and OG do ? 

I don't believe we can get Nunez-even if we get new owner's - so then do we try still for Scamacca,  Belotti or someone like Lewandowski?