AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Samu Castillejo like a new signing next season?

Zero interest from any other clubs in buying him.
Did Bordeaux have anyone else good seing as they've been relegated to the third tier now for financial woes ?
It's very slow Milan wise , Sanches and Botman being mentioned since 2003 it seems.
(06-15-2022, 08:43 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]Did Bordeaux have anyone else good seing as they've been relegated to the third tier now for financial woes ?

Grinundwech

[attachment=285]
(06-15-2022, 08:59 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Grinundwech

Loan with option to buy?

Monza should be all over him..
(06-15-2022, 07:20 PM)honsano Wrote: [ -> ]Politano is definitely better than both Saele and Messias. He isn’t CL quality, but more like top four (I can’t imagine selling Saele or Messias to any top four team). Also I have a feeling he would work out well with Calabria. The most important thing is that he is Italian. We need them. However he doesn’t fit the model of young and cheap.

Now Lang is the only credible RW link but I heard he like LW too? Even so, he costs more.

But, top 4 get into the CL, so by defailt he is CL quality, no?  Icon_lol2

Jk. I know what you mean. I think that's a nice thought. To bring in Politano, get rid of Saele, not sign Messias and instead sign a top RW to start and be backed up by Politano. 

I just don't see it happening. Too many moves tbh. I am hoping we don't sign Messias because it really squashes my hopes of a top RW coming. I don't see us selling Saelemaekers. I think Pioli and management like his work ethic and also his versitility. Even though he's one of the most frustrating players to watch. 

I know it's only 3/4 mil for Messias....but that's 3/4 mil that could be used elsewhere. I think, like most here, we got 2 backup players in Saele and Messias. And we need an actual starter. So I don't see the purpose of having both here. I understand last year Messias was the cheap fall-back option at the end of the market. But why are we signing him now? Surely we're not planning on having those 2 occupy the right side agin, right?
(06-15-2022, 10:00 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's only 3/4 mil for Messias....but that's 3/4 mil that could be used elsewhere. I think, like most here, we got 2 backup players in Saele and Messias. And we need an actual starter. So I don't see the purpose of having both here. I understand last year Messias was the cheap fall-back option at the end of the market. But why are we signing him now? Surely we're not planning on having those 2 occupy the right side agin, right?

Lucked out this season with Leao's performances as the contribution from the RW was negligible.

All it takes is for Leao to tail off and the attack will be non-existent. An older Giroud with the eternal sub Origi inspires no confidence. And a RW with the world's most useless winger and a cheap Serie B option is courting disaster.

Need urgent upgrades otherwise next season is going to be jeopardised badly..
Agree. We got carried by our defensive solidity this spring. That and the fact Leao hit great form towards the end. But I don't want our minds to be clouded by this title. There was some very painful moments lewding up to it. Times when all of us just coulsn't believe how toothless our attack was. It's great that we found defensive solidity, but we need to match that in attack.

If we know that Milan at most concedes 1 goal (95% of the time), than it's be really nice to know that Mipan also scores more than 1 goal almost every every time we play.

We are almost there in the back. I actually think we are there in terms of starters. We just need some depth. But we are nowhere near that in attack. We are 1 injury away from misery actually. Hopefully the attack gets more help from midfield as well and that'll help (we need some mods that'll get on the score board). But we badly badly need our right side to function in the final 3rd. I've already come to terms that we are not signing another CF (other than Origi).
(06-15-2022, 07:20 PM)honsano Wrote: [ -> ]Politano is definitely better than both Saele and Messias. He isn’t CL quality, but more like top four (I can’t imagine selling Saele or Messias to any top four team). Also I have a feeling he would work out well with Calabria. The most important thing is that he is Italian. We need them. However he doesn’t fit the model of young and cheap.

Now Lang is the only credible RW link but I heard he like LW too? Even so, he costs more.

Politano is definitely an upgrade on those two. we do liekly need better than him  BUT he is an upgrade.

(06-15-2022, 10:00 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]But, top 4 get into the CL, so by defailt he is CL quality, no?  Icon_lol2

Jk. I know what you mean. I think that's a nice thought. To bring in Politano, get rid of Saele, not sign Messias and instead sign a top RW to start and be backed up by Politano. 

I just don't see it happening. Too many moves tbh. I am hoping we don't sign Messias because it really squashes my hopes of a top RW coming. I don't see us selling Saelemaekers. I think Pioli and management like his work ethic and also his versitility. Even though he's one of the most frustrating players to watch. 

I know it's only 3/4 mil for Messias....but that's 3/4 mil that could be used elsewhere. I think, like most here, we got 2 backup players in Saele and Messias. And we need an actual starter. So I don't see the purpose of having both here. I understand last year Messias was the cheap fall-back option at the end of the market. But why are we signing him now? Surely we're not planning on having those 2 occupy the right side agin, right?

so... the rumours were that Messias was wanted by Monza and that we were signing him so that we could then make a deal with Monza.
It's likely that Messias may be moved off and we know Saele is on the market. not to mention Samu.
Politano is not wanted by Napoli so might be up for grabs for cheap. we might be able to sell Saele AND Messias and buy Politano and still be in front. 
Might be wishful thinking from me but we could end up with a Lang and Politano option for RW. would be a massive upgrade from Saele and Messias.
(06-15-2022, 11:15 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Agree. We got carried by our defensive solidity this spring. That and the fact Leao hit great form towards the end. But I don't want our minds to be clouded by this title. There was some very painful moments lewding up to it. Times when all of us just coulsn't believe how toothless our attack was. It's great that we found defensive solidity, but we need to match that in attack.

If we know that Milan at most concedes 1 goal (95% of the time), than it's be really nice to know that Mipan also scores more than 1 goal almost every every time we play.

We are almost there in the back. I actually think we are there in terms of starters. We just need some depth. But we are nowhere near that in attack. We are 1 injury away from misery actually. Hopefully the attack gets more help from midfield as well and that'll help (we need some mods that'll get on the score board). But we badly badly need our right side to function in the final 3rd. I've already come to terms that we are not signing another CF (other than Origi).

lets face it. we're 1 injury away from going from Scudetto winners to battling for a UCL spot. We lose Leao with the current team and we're stuffed. We NEED to get our hands on a good starting RW. 
I've said it before. Origi is just a replacement for Rebic but is definitely a good alternative. 
I also think that IF the 100m that's been reported is true, there's enough there to get our hands on the players we need to fight for a second scudetto AND do well enough in UCL.
next seasons minimum should be to get out of group stage. we can slowly build on that in the seasons to come.
Saladmaker has just finished his career season. He played in 46 games in this season. 46 !!! 2 goals and 3 assists.

We have to sell him now. Lets say we will earn 8M. Fine. Next year he will make 5.