AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-Acerbi said yes to us. Ongoing talks Milan and Lazio now?
- according calciomercato.com, Chelsea apparently offering 90m for Theo and Kalulu. But as usual CM is a crap source
As for Acerbi, i think his reaction after Tonalis goal, merits to be honored with a contract
(06-27-2022, 11:44 AM)Artan Wrote: [ -> ]-Acerbi said yes to us. Ongoing talks Milan and Lazio now?
- according calciomercato.com, Chelsea apparently offering 90m for Theo and Kalulu. But as usual CM is a crap source

Lazio need to get rid of Acerbi to sign Romagnoli, they need to pay us to take Acerbi off their payroll.
(06-27-2022, 01:20 PM)hwmook Wrote: [ -> ]Lazio need to get rid of Acerbi to sign Romagnoli, they need to pay us to take Acerbi off their payroll.

I'd rather keep Romagnoli even though he would earn a bit more than Acerbi. Seems like that is what Romagnoli really wants too.
(06-27-2022, 07:06 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]How embarrassing is this getting?

We've lost all the momentum of the Scudetto.

RedBird involved in Liverpool and Milan. They get Darwin Nunez, we get Francesco Acerbi.

Competitive in CL? Not in a million years...

what makes you think we arent capable to fight in cl? do you think we also not capable to win the scudetto early last season? why so glum chum?
Acerbi won't be free as still has three years on his contract with Lazio.
What do most people consider "competitive in the CL"? Imo, if you get to the quarter finals and don't get dumped out by a huge margin...meaning if you narrowly lost over 2 legs...than you are competitive. Because at that point you are so close to the final and anything can happen. Sometimes a little luck can even bring you there. Be it luck with the draw or simply within the game.

With that being said, last year Atletico Madrid made it to that point (lost 1-0 in aggregate to Man City in the QF). So if they could? Why not Milan? And I'm bringing up Atletico because we played them in the group stages and were on par woth them. I'd even argue that we were better. Keep in mind, our young team was totally different in the fall compared to the spring. So much more mature and sure of themselves. The defensive line itself was night and day. The progress that was made in 6 months was incredible.

Benfica also made it to the QF. And how about Villareal in the semi final? And up to the start of the the 2nd half in the 2nd leg, it was 2-2 on aggregate. So they weren't even that far from the final.

My point here is that the margins aren't that wide. Serie A isn't what it once was, but it's still of very high quality. Coefficients and all that put to the side....I believe it's on par with the Bundesliga in terms of quality and just behind the PL and La Liga. My point is, if you win Serie A, you should easily be competitive in the CL.

This youg team, even with the experience they gained last season and the natural improvement that we see happening every day it seems...they should be able to reach the QF (draw luck always helps). If we add the missing 2-3 pieces than I would put us on par with the usual 10 teams that have a chance to get to the final (depending om draw luck, form, injuries, etc).

So, we are not that far imo. But I'm banking om the continuous improvement of the players. Tonali for example improved a ton last season. But he is not there yet. He needs to now make one more step up and that's in the CL. Same with Kalulu. Same with Leao. Etc.
We'll see. But if they can do that, than we're sitting good.
Mediaset: Milan are nearing a deal for Francesco Acerbi. There is already an agreement with the player, and while one with Lazio is missing but there is talk of a €5m transfer fee. Then Matteo Gabbia could end up at Sampdoria on a paid loan with obligation to buy and a possible buy-back.

Allesmoegliche036

What about Duarte and Caldara? Won't get 5m for both
Paolo might as well spend 5mil on hookers and cocaine in Ibiza.
(06-27-2022, 03:38 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Paolo might as well spend 5mil on hookers and cocaine in Ibiza.

Careful what you wish for, 5m worth of hooker and cocaine and Maldini might not be able to make it back to Milan any more lol