AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was never super convinced by Renato. He has talent, but he has failed at every big league club he played at in his career and only played well in lower tier leagues. That is a major red flag to me because I can't say with confidence he would actually thrive in Serie A. Hope we have a good backup plan in place though
We're trying to lowball all offers to teams and players, of course we'll lose out if others are interested. Our "project" is not worth more than money. And also, other clubs have so-called "projects" going on too.

"He who waits gets the leftovers."
But what can we really do when it comes to money? PSG is backed by an entire country financially and they are excluded from the FFP rules. EPL clubs are backed by huge TV contracts and countries in some cases too. Sure, we can raise our offers a bit, but we are not even in the stratosphere financially with these teams so there is no way we can offer what they do.
Mercato pretty much the same like last summer mercato. No big spending, maybe some expensive loan with obligation/ option to buy. Financial discipline will continue. And we can expect another long negotiations about contract extensions with star players, just hope that Leao extend, but it does not look promising at all.
(06-28-2022, 08:42 PM)slifersd1 Wrote: [ -> ]But what can we really do when it comes to money? PSG is backed by an entire country financially and they are excluded from the FFP rules. EPL clubs are backed by huge TV contracts and countries in some cases too. Sure, we can raise our offers a bit, but we are not even in the stratosphere financially with these teams so there is no way we can offer what they do.

There were reports that we had and agreement regarding Sanches long before PSG entered the frame, we could have pushed the deal through at an earlier stage if true. But it seems like we were more interested in trying to save €1-2m more. I know there's no point entering a bidding-war once PSG is there.
(06-28-2022, 09:34 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]There were reports that we had and agreement regarding Sanches long before PSG entered the frame, we could have pushed the deal through at an earlier stage if true. But it seems like we were more interested in trying to save €1-2m more. I know there's no point entering a bidding-war once PSG is there.

Not that I want to defend Maldini's penny pinching ways when it comes to negotiations, I have often criticized this front office for that, as a matter of fact. But I think these deals were never as straight forward as the media made them out to be. Lille saw there were a number of other teams interested in these players and wanted to start an auction, and they were able to do that. Takes two parties to sign a deal, and I doubt Lille was itching to put pen to paper, especially after seeing how we signed Leao and Maignan for so cheap.
I am a bit worried because neither Maldini nor Massara have signed their contract and tomorrow will already be June 29th…
Also it’s weird, that Origi has arrived, took the medicals, signed the contract but was not announced…

Either they want to announce first the signing of Maldini and Massara and after the two will announce Origi or
Maldini and Massara will not renew, and somebody else will announce Origi!
Faivre, Simakan, Fofana, Sanches, Botman, etc

The list of failed transfers is getting rather long. Months and months of endless negotiations that lead nowhere and in the end the player signs for an another club.

If there is no money then why chase these players? If there is money then why does it take forever and deals collapse?

So many questions yet all we get is silence whilst other clubs get on with their business. Pre-season starts next week and as of yet there have been no players bought or sold.

Very concerning.
(06-28-2022, 11:20 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: [ -> ]Faivre, Simakan, Fofana, Sanches, Botman, etc

The list of failed transfers is getting rather long. Months and months of endless negotiations that lead nowhere and in the end the player signs for an another club.

If there is no money then why chase these players? If there is money then why does it take forever and deals collapse?

So many questions yet all we get is silence whilst other clubs get on with their business. Pre-season starts next week and as of yet there have been no players bought or sold.

Very concerning.

100% the bold part.
Pot 1 Scudetto winner who bragged about halving losses is certainly not acting like any of it has happened. As mentioned before the timing of the sale is still suspicious to me, I am not talking about it happening in middle of mercato or M&M renewal, I am talking about Elliott wanting to sell in this 'early' (2022).
(06-28-2022, 10:37 PM)Gregorio Wrote: [ -> ]I am a bit worried because neither Maldini nor Massara have signed their contract and tomorrow will already be June 29th…
Also it’s weird, that Origi has arrived, took the medicals, signed the contract but was not announced…

Either they want to announce first the signing of Maldini and Massara and after the two will announce Origi or
Maldini and Massara will not renew, and somebody else will announce Origi!

June is for vacation, give them some rest, mate Big Grin

(06-28-2022, 11:20 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: [ -> ]Faivre, Simakan, Fofana, Sanches, Botman, etc

Very concerning.

I think almost all (if not all) the news about such negotiations were maked up articles to fill the pages.

Did Maldini, Massara, or Pioli speak anything concrete about the players?