AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to Calciomercato.com, Rebic is fine from a physical point of view as the instrumental tests he underwent yesterday testify, which makes the events of Tuesday night even more bizarre.

MilanNews report how the problem he sustained at half-time in the cup semi-final loss to Inter on Tuesday night was the ‘straw that broke the camel’s back’ especially given that the scan results yesterday showed he has no problem at all, arousing surprise from the medical staff given the Croatian reported an injury.

Rebic has played just 775 minutes in the league (with only two goals to his name) and his poor physical condition – combined with ‘an attitude that is not always fully centred and often wavering’ – means that his time at Milan could end soon.

The report adds that there is a concrete trend with the former Eintracht Frankfurt man in that ‘as soon as there is a problem – large or small – Rebic pulls himself out of the fight’.

Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara are seriously considering the hypothesis of a sale in June, especially given that some Bundesliga and Ligue 1 clubs have already expressed their interest.
This is just.... Rebic should not wear our shirt anymore. Thats for sure. I have to admit that for me this came as a shocker. He is hard as rock and stonecold on the field, but obviously such a pussy?
Just stop believing everything you read man. It's Calciomercato at that. There are zero facts in that article, apart from scans not showing an injury WHICH doesn't mean he didn't feel discomfort.

Media in Italy (and everywhere i guess) is biased depending on what you read. Articles come out many times in hopes to destabilize a club. It's no coincidence certain media (Tuttosport many times) come out with shit Milan articles RIGHT before we play Juventus. Now these "reports" come out as we are fighting for a Scudetto and need everyone.

Sell Rebic, sure. Because he's really inconsistent and constantly injured. But faked an injury? Based on what? A calciomercato (one of the most shit sources out there...just take a look at their mercato links every year...it's a disgrace) article? Yea, I'm sure rhey are in Maldini's head. And they also were in on the medical meeting for Rebic.
(04-21-2022, 12:56 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Just stop believing everything you read man. It's Calciomercato at that. There are zero facts in that article, apart from scans not showing an injury WHICH doesn't mean he didn't feel discomfort.

Media in Italy (and everywhere i guess) is biased depending on what you read. Articles come out many times in hopes to destabilize a club. It's no coincidence certain media (Tuttosport many times) come out with shit Milan articles RIGHT before we play Juventus. Now these "reports" come out as we are fighting for a Scudetto and need everyone.

Sell Rebic, sure. Because he's really inconsistent and constantly injured. But faked an injury? Based on what? A calciomercato (one of the most shit sources out there...just take a look at their mercato links every year...it's a disgrace) article? Yea, I'm sure rhey are in Maldini's head. And they also were in on the medical meeting for Rebic.

First. no way they would have access to that info for one.
Second. Calciomercato.
Third. why would he fake an injury. Think of it this way. say he wants to leave. and he's here faking injuries... who wants him now?
end of the day he's gotta go

I think we might have something nice to look fwd to this summer. Apparently the investcorp deal keeps Elliott on board and the 1.1b includes paying half the stadium project with Elliott + funds for the transfer window.

Elliott has firmly decided, as well as Investcorp to not proceed with a joint stadium with Inter as merda ownership took too long to commit & arrange financing apparently.
Elliot bought the club for 740 mill euros including debt. Investcorp give 1,1 b and that include half of the stadium cost and funds to transfer. Stadium will cost 730 million euros . Half is 365. That gives us zero for transfersTongue. Maybe its more complicated than this. Im not an expert on finance.

Maybe Elliot will keep a few shares? 20/30%?

it will be a exiting summer. No doubt about that
(04-21-2022, 12:56 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Just stop believing everything you read man. It's Calciomercato at that. There are zero facts in that article, apart from scans not showing an injury WHICH doesn't mean he didn't feel discomfort.

Nobody is saying he is faking an injury. That is not what the report said. In sports, there is a thing called pain tolerance. A player can be healthy, technically, but still has discomfort because all those years of training, playing, getting injured and all does take a toll on the body. If a player insists on sitting out games as soon as there is any discomfort, he wouldn't be able to play in a lot of games. To me, this article is saying Rebic is soft more than accusing him of faking an injury, which is a fair criticism. He was clearly warming up to go into the game and obviously didn't get in because he didn't feel good enough, but didn't have a meaningful injury because the scans came back clean.
In contrast Tonali has been playing through an injury in the last few games. He doesn't flake and is able to grit it out. That's the difference.
(04-21-2022, 07:13 PM)slifersd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody is saying he is faking an injury. That is not what the report said. In sports, there is a thing called pain tolerance. A player can be healthy, technically, but still has discomfort because all those years of training, playing, getting injured and all does take a toll on the body. If a player insists on sitting out games as soon as there is any discomfort, he wouldn't be able to play in a lot of games. To me, this article is saying Rebic is soft more than accusing him of faking an injury, which is a fair criticism. He was clearly warming up to go into the game and obviously didn't get in because he didn't feel good enough, but didn't have a meaningful injury because the scans came back clean.

On the bold...lol, come on man....

And yes, the article doesn't spell out "faking an injury" but it sure as heck implies that and goes further to question his professionalism with a quote such as "attitude that is not always fully centred and often wavering". Furthermore, they say there "is a trend there that as soon as something goes wrong - small or large - he pulls himswlf out" (assuming this is the piece that made you think they are queationing his pain tolerance and not saying faking an injury.....i agree there). 
They even go on to say that Maldini and Massara are fed up with him (how the heck do they know?)

I mean, seriosuly? All that article is made for is to cause controvercy. I don't call that fair criticism. If they only said the part where he SEEMS to pull himself out of games after even the smallest issues, OK. Fair criticism. But then filling up the rest of the page with shit out of their ass, is definitely not fair. 

I don't know Rebic's pain threshold. I'm not in his head nor do I talk to him every day. But I doubt the idiot that wrote the article does that either. I know there are leaks to media from "inside" sources often...but calciomercato? Not so sure. And again...they didn't need to fill the page with crap. (They do that a lot)

Anyway. None of the problems with Rebic were actually my point. I have no problem if we sell him. If anything, he sure is injury prone (low pain threshold or not). I just won't call for his head and question his professionalism after a calciomercato piece.
(04-21-2022, 07:13 PM)slifersd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody is saying he is faking an injury. That is not what the report said. In sports, there is a thing called pain tolerance. A player can be healthy, technically, but still has discomfort because all those years of training, playing, getting injured and all does take a toll on the body. If a player insists on sitting out games as soon as there is any discomfort, he wouldn't be able to play in a lot of games. To me, this article is saying Rebic is soft more than accusing him of faking an injury, which is a fair criticism. He was clearly warming up to go into the game and obviously didn't get in because he didn't feel good enough, but didn't have a meaningful injury because the scans came back clean.

Somebody is. Sagrin  There is no need for that, because there is absolutely no way for anybody (except for Rebic himself) to know for sure.

Now, if you call him soft, I can kind of see where that comes from, and will not necessarily disagree. However, this guy has gone through a lot of injuries, and I can perfectly understand his worry. Gone are the days when Gattuso continued to play despite seeing doubles with eye injury; Gone are the days when Weah continued to play the entire game with a broken arm. Not for a bad reason either. Both ended up aggravating the injury and had to be sit out for even longer time.

I don't know how to feel about this incident to be honest. I just don't want to blame Rebic; for sure not for "faking an injury"; not even for "being soft". He could be saving the best himself for the rest of the Serie A campaign, because he knows damn well that we need him.

And, for the record, I am happy that his scan came back negative and that he is good to go. I don't think any Milan fan should be hoping for a real injury at this point of the season on Rebic.