AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Riccardo Montolivo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Just want to say that I thought, apart from the misses, Monto had a great game against England. His touches were superb, and he did what Prandelli asked him to do (apart from scoring that is Big Grin).
(06-26-2012, 01:25 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to say that I thought, apart from the misses, Monto had a great game against England. His touches were superb, and he did what Prandelli asked him to do (apart from scoring that is Big Grin).

I totally agree, in my mind he was not a starting midfielder for us. But after Germany game I beleive that he has to be trusted and I think he will be best used at LM (mezzala) Where his creativity can come useful and at the same time he can press really well with his tackling and intercepting skills which are underestimated.
I also noticed that Montolivo should be best used as LM; and at Milan, it is also Nocerino's best position, it seems so. I wonder how Allegri could make them co-exist, if that's his intention.

Some source already places Montolivo at RM position for next season's lineup. I don't know if he would be as retricted as Nocerino (in a few games last season that Nocerino was played at RM to accommodate Seedorf, he didn't do well at all; but as soon as he moved back to the left, he was great even in the same game).
I don't see why Montolivo can't play RCM if I'm honest. His game is different to Nocerino and personally I think he'd do what Aquilani did last season only better (hopefully) and with more defensive solidity.
That would be nice. Many rumors have widely suggested our lineup for the midfield:

----------------Boateng------------------
Nocerino--------xxxx---------Montolivo

xxxx would be Ambrosini, but also it could be some big name that Galliani is working on, who recently mentioned that he would work until the end of August to find that DM.

I personally don't think Flamini marks the end of our mercato, but of course if Galliani can't get his way by waving his 10-euro bill Big Grin, our dear Flamini (or Flamoney as also referred to Icon_lol2) would be our Mr. X.
Montolivo has been great in recent games! He is playing like a real man, very aggresive and good defensively. And offcourse he is good passer of the ball, also his shooting from distance is very good, he needs to do this more.
(05-18-2012, 03:02 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Not even corrected yet, funny stuff Big Grin

Just checked, and it is still corrected. Guess it never will be. Icon_lol2
(11-07-2012, 09:19 AM)Beppe Wrote: [ -> ]Montolivo has been great in recent games! He is playing like a real man, very aggresive and good defensively. And offcourse he is good passer of the ball, also his shooting from distance is very good, he needs to do this more.

Yep, he has been consistently good for quite a few games. Hope that he eventually will live up to his expectation.

Time to kill off his old team. Devilol
Up until before Jube game I knew he was a good player, but last night he showed how great he really could be - defended superbly without loosing touch going forward, the way he controlled our midfield passing the ball around and not easily lost the ball. He was perfect last night imo

I wonder that could be the effect of captain armband Big Grin he should wear it again next game. Finally we have a captain that we (the team) can really rely on Smile

----------------------------
goal.com
...Montolivo donned the captain’s armband for the first time after Christian Abbiati broke down in the pre-match warm-up, and if it was from the added decoration to his left bicep that he gained the superpowers he displayed during the game, then Massimiliano Allegri should have him wear it morning, noon and night for the next six months.
I really can't commend Montolivo's performance last night enough. He was simply outstanding and really showed pride in wearing the captain's armband. I will be the first to admit that I've not been the kindest critic of his in the past and right now he's doing everything and more to prove I was totally wrong. I hope he keeps it up.
Yes, what a great performance by this man. He was all over the field and never cared if he was under pressure as he never gave up the ball. Played it out of pressure calmly and was also a rock defensively.

Okmilan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14