AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Riccardo Montolivo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I hope he will be our captain for the rest of the season, that is offcourse as Ambrosini isnt playing.
how old is he??
i knew that fm isnt wrong in him since ages ago Icon_lol2
he is 27, I believe.
Will he still be our captain when Abbiati is back? I would like to see that happening. Wink
(11-27-2012, 03:44 AM)ACM2012 Wrote: [ -> ]Will he still be our captain when Abbiati is back? I would like to see that happening. Wink

I would love too, but I think its less likely as the club regards highly the capt hierarchy based on serving terms..
Yes, that's true, however, even in yesterday's game, many players would have seniority over him. Well, almost everyone, considering that this is Montolivo's first season with Milan.
Yes many people do I was surprised it went to montolivo and not Amelia, but none the less Monty was a great leader in the midfield yesterday
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name...58?cc=4716

"Statistics from the WhoScored website sum up his contribution – of Milan players, Montolivo played the most passes, attempted the most shots, completed the most dribbles, won the most tackles and made the most interceptions."

Not bad for your first game as a captain, huh?
Like Balotelli, since he has joined Milan, Montolivo has been on the road to the WC label ...

He's been a beast for our midfield, and he's starting to be the main midfielder of the NT too. Against Brazil, he was the best in midfield with no doubt. De Rossi maybe scored, but I thought he wasn't at his usual level, and Pirlo was just ... He played like at the end with us, not bad, but not good enough (maybe due to the formation too).

So like De Sciglio and Balotelli, congrats to Monto for this game !!

At the next WC, the main players of the NT could well be 4 Milan players : De Sciglio, Monto, Balo-ELS ...
I'm pleased for Montolivo, though I really only care about his performances in a Milan shirt. He's finally fulfilling his promise from over the years. What I don't understand is why this year (or should I say since Euro 2012), Montolivo has really stepped up in performances, as the quality has always been there and there's not been any specific reason I can see he would suddenly start playing this well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14