AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Group D - Euro 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
ukraine will definitely make it to 1/4 finals. interesting to note that they don't have any 10+ million player in the squad
A heroic and historic victory for Ukraine. I hope that they qualify along with Sweden. Okmilan
The Ukrainian players celebrating before and after the final whistle was a bit too much. Three points on home soil yes but not much more.
I can understand fans being very excited but the team have done nothing at all yet.
Cant disagree more Smile

They were writen off from the beginning in that group, as the team with zero chance of doing nothing.

They DID show everybody that they were wrong. It's a reason for celebration Wink
(06-11-2012, 10:35 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]The Ukrainian players celebrating before and after the final whistle was a bit too much. Three points on home soil yes but not much more.
I can understand fans being very excited but the team have done nothing at all yet.

I respectfully disagree. This was their first ever Euro match, and nothing would be too much.

Having said that, I didn't see their post-match celebration. Stupid ESPN3 cut it off immediately after the match was over. I did see that Shevchenko and Voronin nervously awaiting for the final whistle. I personally thought that it was appropriate and nothing disrespectful? Huh

And you certainly can't say that the team have done nothing at all. A victory is a victory, and it should be enjoyed. If they could get even farther, more celebration then. Big Grin My country (China) has made it to WC (final stage) once in 2002, and we celebrated that fanatically; had we scored even one goal (not talking about any victory here) out of three matches, I am sure that we would have celebrated even more crazily. Sagrin
Can you tell what's so interesting about this picture?
[Image: 266266fe41534d74941f28a35b431e23.jpg]
(06-12-2012, 04:37 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell what's so interesting about this picture?
[Image: 266266fe41534d74941f28a35b431e23.jpg]
England probably wanted to make history by starting with 10 players ...

Considering the poll results so far, it is the most open group to pick two teams to qualify from.
(06-12-2012, 06:38 AM)mzk57 Wrote: [ -> ]England probably wanted to make history by starting with 10 players ...

Considering the poll results so far, it is the most open group to pick two teams to qualify from.

So you got it. Okmilan

Glen Johnson didn't take part in the photo shooting and went to the RB position instead. When he realized and came back, the photo was already taken.

I wonder if the guy in white jersey shown at the back of the picture (if you look carefully enough, you probably would know what I am talking about) is Glen Johnson. Icon_lol2
I watched the games yesterday and if I'm honest the England France match disappointed me. Actually, it was disappointing solely because it went exactly as I predicted. England sat back and defended, scoring on the odd set piece they got, while France had enough flair and attacking strength to break them down a couple of times, but only took advantage once. Both teams seemed to accept an inevitable draw by the end resulting in possibly the most boring match so far.

Sweden Ukraine had a poor first half, but the second was really exciting. Ukraine had Sheva who was brilliant throughout, not only with his movement on the goals, but throughout the match he always got into good positions to support his teammates. A definite performance from the past. For Sweden, Ibra did a lot of what he does for Milan, but was unlucky in that his teammates didn't convert his work. Yarmolenko for Ukraine really impressed me on the right, as he looks a really talented player.
(06-12-2012, 10:00 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]I watched the games yesterday and if I'm honest the England France match disappointed me. Actually, it was disappointing solely because it went exactly as I predicted. England sat back and defended, scoring on the odd set piece they got, while France had enough flair and attacking strength to break them down a couple of times, but only took advantage once. Both teams seemed to accept an inevitable draw by the end resulting in possibly the most boring match so far.

Sweden Ukraine had a poor first half, but the second was really exciting. Ukraine had Sheva who was brilliant throughout, not only with his movement on the goals, but throughout the match he always got into good positions to support his teammates. A definite performance from the past. For Sweden, Ibra did a lot of what he does for Milan, but was unlucky in that his teammates didn't convert his work. Yarmolenko for Ukraine really impressed me on the right, as he looks a really talented player.

Same here. I guess England was trying to be Italian, after all, all their major trophies this year were won by Italian coaches (EPL, FA Cup, CL). Their approach was very negative (yet clear), and it worked for them.

Sweden didn't play as well as I thought, and Ukraine was certainly a great pleasure to watch yesterday. Shevchenko once again schooled Ibrahimovic on how to use one's header as a deadly weapon. The height is not that important after all, it is the perfect judgment of the ball trajectory, the position you get into, and the timing that you start running at the ball. And of course, the mentality, the determination, the big heart, the sense of honor that drives him take the whole team on his shoulder. Unfortunately, some can't be taught.

I think I found a team to support in this tournament.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10