AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Venting, sell the club, etc. thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Allegri's coaching abilities are not for dispute imo. He is one of the best and he's proven that time and time again. Having said that, I was one of the people that wanted him out that last season. It had nothing to do with his coaching abilities, it just seemed like his cycle at Milan was over. The team looked sloppy and uninspired. He seemed to have lost the plot here. We looked without ideas on the field and at times completely lost. Let's not forget though that he was at that very start of the real downfall of Milan. I blame everything that happened 99% on Galliani and Berlusconi first and foremost. I have to admit though, at the time I didn't see it that way and I was blaming Allegri for many things that I later realized were simply out of his control.
apparently fassone + mirabelli have hired another interista to join us as team manager. you'll also be pleased to know he's mancini's best friend! brace yourselves robert is coming! Smile
if montella qualifies for europa league then he should definitely stay. however, if he doesn't he should get axed. no way in hell atalanta has a superior squad to us. the rest of the top 5 (juve, roma, napoli, lazio, inter) do however.
if montella finishes 6th i'd say he's achieved expectations given the squad at his disposal. if he finishes any higher (especially 4th) then he's done a great job. currently, gasperini and to a lesser extent inzaghi are the only manager's exceeding expectations particularly gasperini.
(04-12-2017, 01:00 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: [ -> ]There is some large amount of his fault. Let's not forget that all reports from former players suggests that poor team discipline ,locker room separations into clans etc started during his reign and went so bad that it affected some coaches after him. And it surely was one of the factors which leaded to Milan downfall. How did he let that happen ,was he incapable to resolving it ,or even uninterested...who knows ,but surely he is not all inocent.

He wasn't fault free, though how much can be attributed to him is surely limited. About poor discipline, 4 coaches after Allegri all struggled with the locker room, even Mihajlovic who's a drill sergeant.

On top of that, both Gattuso and Abbiati, senior players with a lot of respect in Milan, have come out and spoken out about disciplinary problems in Milan over the past few years. It's really not Allegri's fault if he had a bunch of jackasses in his dressing room. Even now I don't think the dressing room is free of difficult characters, as for me Bacca is still a problematic individual and there are doubts about the attitude of a couple of others. However, it's still much better than it was.

That's actually more symptomatic of the problem at Milan, because in the past, the man was always looked at ahead of the footballer.

donlocatelli, I disagree. If Atalanta finish ahead of us, that's on their own merits as they are having an extraordinary season, we can't begrudge Montella on their results. On Gasperini, he's been one of the best coaches in Serie A for almost a decade now, he's not an unknown quantity. Yes, his achievements this year are pretty special, but he's one of the best tacticians in Italy today and has been for a while now. Inzaghi's a bigger surprise imo, his ability wasn't known and even Lazio didn't really want him, but he's proven very capable this season by getting an excellent balance with what is a decent squad.
(04-12-2017, 06:47 AM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Unless there is another issue ....

Li arrives Wednesday morning, meets with Fininvest and money arrives. The official signatures will take place on Thursday morning at Ridella notary office and in the evening Berlusconi and the new people will have dinner at Arcore. On Friday morning, around 11:00, there will be the press conference for the presentation of new owners at Casa Milan.

So, this is finally happening? I am finally going to get banned then?  Confused

Oh well, I had a good run. Grinundwech
I'm still expecting some last minute delay. Sad
The current board have resigned, it's almost at a time that looks real this time.
I can't believe it's actually happening. In some ways, now that the day is finally (almost) here, the whole thing feels a bit weird. I have only ever known Berlusconi's Milan, and while I have always thought he was a disgrace as a politician, I have for most of my years as a Milan fan (more than twenty) had quite a lot of respect for him as club president.
Like Galliani said last year, Berlusconi saved Milan from the courts. Afterwards he didn't just pump tons of money into the club to make it the best in the world, but he also established Milan as a brand, a club with a certain style or flair, one that generally had a slight touch of class about everything it did on and off the pitch. That is the Milan that I think we all became fans of.

Then after 2012 things haven't been that great, though I think our decline actually started a few years earlier, when we suddenly weren't buying high-profile players at the peak of their career anymore (I'd say this started around 2007/08), while our veterans kept on playing without getting close to winning anything. The worst summer was the one where we lost Ibra, Thiago Silva and other quality players though. After that things have been pretty chaotic, and it's obvious that Berlusconi is now too old to run Milan the way he should. I think it's only fair to thank Berlu for what he's done for the club though. We won a lot of trophies under his leadership.
Everyone on the board of directors resigned today. It's pretty much a done deal now - the sale IS happening Smile