AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: RSC Anderlecht vs AC Milan (21-11-2012, 20h45)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Massimiliano Allegri ha convocato 21 giocatori per la sfida di mercoledì contro l'Anderlecht, quinta giornata del girone C di Champions League. Il capitano Massimo Ambrosini è rimasto fuori dalla lista dove, per la prima volta in stagione, è stato inserito il giovane Bryan Cristante.

Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel, Acerbi, De Sciglio, Mexes, Yepes, Zapata, Boateng, Constant, Cristante (n. 36), De Jong, Emanuelson, Flamini, Montolivo, Nocerino, Bojan, El Shaarawy, Pato, Pazzini, Robinho.
OT: Ma sei Italiano? END OT:
Cristante is a really good player, he's just 17.
I didn't even know that Gabriel is registered for Champions League, not that I think he will get any chance anyway.

I really don't mind if Gabriel and Cristante both getting some minutes, but it is not going to happen knowing Allegri.
3-0
Els,els,els!!!!!
Some background information from UEFA.com.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/...index.html

RSC Anderlecht can upset the apple cart when they host Group C rivals AC Milan on matchday five.

• Fresh from a home success against FC Zenit St Petersburg last time out, the third-placed Belgian champions would leapfrog Milan into second place in the group should they beat Massimiliano Allegri's men. That would take them tantalisingly close to a first appearance in the knockout stages, though they did reach the 16-team second group stage in 2000/01.

• Milan, who have not fallen at this hurdle since 1999/2000, will secure their progress if they win and FC Zenit St Petersburg fail to beat Málaga CF in the day's other Group C fixture.

Past meetings
• The clubs' 0-0 draw at San Siro in September was their fifth encounter overall. They first met in the 1993/94 group stage, trading two goalless draws. Fabio Capello's Milan finished top of that section, while Jan Boskamp's Anderlecht were bottom.

• Milan won both contests in the 2006/07 group stage. Despite Daniel Bonera's dismissal, Kaká earned Carlo Ancelotti's team a 1-0 win in Brussels, and then hit a hat-trick in a 4-1 home victory. Roland Juhász scored for Frank Vercauteren's visitors.

• The lineups for Milan's victory at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium on 17 October 2006 were:
Anderlecht: Zítka, Vanden Borre (Legear 84), De Man, Juhász, Deschacht, Boussoufa (Akın Serhat 84), Vanderhaeghe (Hassan 70), Biglia, Goor, Frutos, Tchité.
Milan: Dida, Bonera, Kaladze, Nesta, Jankulovski, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf (Brocchi 81), Kaká, Inzaghi (Gilardino 72), Oliveira (Cafu 50).

Match background
• Anderlecht's 1-0 victory over Zenit on matchday four was their first home success in the UEFA Champions League proper in nine years – and now they are seeking two in the space of 15 days. Including qualifying matches, though, John van den Brom's side have recorded three home wins from four this season.

• Anderlecht's home record against opponents from Serie A is W7 D4 L4. It is eight matches and almost 12 years since their last win against an Italian team, home or away – a 1-0 success over S.S. Lazio in the UEFA Champions League second group stage in Brussels on 22 November 2000, courtesy of Tomasz Radzinski's goal.

• Milan did not concede on any of their last five visits to Belgium – three of them 1-0 victories. Overall, their record in Belgium is W3 D5 L1, that sole defeat a 2-0 loss to Club Brugge KV in the 1975/76 UEFA Cup quarter-finals.

• Anderlecht lost 2-0 to UC Sampdoria in the 1990 European Cup Winners' Cup final.

Team ties
• Van den Brom made his final European appearance as a player at San Siro, coming on as an 89th-minute substitute in Vitesse's 0-0 first-leg draw with FC Internazionale Milano in the 2000/01 UEFA Cup second round.

• Van den Brom's only other appearance against Italian opponents was in AFC Ajax's 2-0 second-leg defeat at Parma FC in the 1993/94 European Cup Winners' Cup quarter-finals. He was an unused substitute when Ajax beat Milan home and away in the 1994/95 group stage but did not feature when they overcame the Rossoneri again in that season's final.

• As a player Allegri helped Cagliari Calcio beat KV Mechelen in the 1993/94 UEFA Cup third round, scoring in their 2-0 second-leg home victory. It was his only goal in European competition.

• Urby Emanuelson faced Anderlecht with Ajax in the 2009/10 UEFA Europa League group stage, playing in a 1-1 away draw and scoring in their 3-1 home defeat.

• Kevin-Prince Boateng was an unused substitute when Tottenham Hotspur FC drew 0-0 at Anderlecht in the 2007/08 UEFA Cup group stage.

• Guillaume Gillet was in the Belgium team that beat Nigel de Jong's Netherlands 4-2 in a Brussels friendly in August.

• Sacha Kljestan was a substitute in United States' 1-0 friendly win against Italy in February. Antonio Nocerino started for Italy while Ignazio Abate, Riccardo Montolivo and Giampaolo Pazzini appeared off the bench.

• Ronald Vargas scored when Venezuela earned their first ever win over a Brazil team including Pato and Robinho – a 2-0 success in a June 2008 friendly in Foxborough, United States.
I hope our scouts keep an eye on Dennis Praet (n°26), Anderlecht's 18yo playmaker, he's a brilliant player. And for now he's still affordable.
Allegri: 'Anderlecht is Pato's game'
By Football Italia staff

Massimiliano Allegri feels Milan’s trip to Anderlecht “could be Alexandre Pato’s game” and reassures Christian Abbiati, but warns qualification won’t be decided tomorrow.

The Rossoneri are second in Group C, but only one point clear of Anderlecht and two in front of Zenit, so qualification is far from secure.

“It is going to be a very difficult game, just like all the ones we have faced recently. The Champions League is a tough competition, but we will give our all to do well,” said the Coach in his Press conference.

“Overall, our performance against Napoli on Saturday was good. There were some individual errors and these things can happen. Tomorrow will be a different match, but the team is in good shape physically.”

The Rossoneri fought back from 2-0 down to earn a point in Naples, but Allegri hopes this isn’t necessarily setting a trend.

“We hope that we won’t have to fight back, as it’d be better to take the lead. Lately we have been falling behind quite a lot and at times the comebacks don’t work. Mind you, at the start of the season we couldn’t even manage comebacks.

“Pato is a player who is important on a European level. This could be his game. Kevin-Prince Boateng had a good performance in terms of intensity and technique on Saturday, which was a good sign for him and for us.

“Robinho provided a stunning pass for the equaliser that only champions know how to do. I still have to decide who starts and what support I can expect from the bench.”

The 2-2 draw with Napoli was also characterised by goalkeeper Abbiati's howler.

“There is no problem with Abbiati. He made a mistake, just like anyone can,” assured Allegri. “The side has never made overall errors, but rather individual mistakes and obviously a game can change with those. The team is in good shape, both physically and psychologically.

“I always said the Champions League group would be balanced and it will be until the end. Tomorrow by the time we play, we’ll already know Zenit’s result against Malaga, but either way I think qualification will be open to the final game.

“Of course I am not satisfied with our points tally in this group, but if we have these results then it means we deserve them. I would’ve preferred to have nine points, but now we have two games and must do well to get through to the next round.”

Milan were fired up last week by a visit from President Silvio Berlusconi, who Allegri thanked for his comments.

“The President’s advice is always important and his visit was wonderful for the whole team. I think that talking to him about football is always a pleasure.”
(11-20-2012, 10:57 AM)Beppe Wrote: [ -> ]I hope our scouts keep an eye on Dennis Praet (n°26), Anderlecht's 18yo playmaker, he's a brilliant player. And for now he's still affordable.

At this point you shouldn't hope, we probably will be. Other then all the negatives and the poor season we've been having I admire one thing which is the amazing youth players we've got and are looking at.

Bojan,Els,Niang,Cristante are all great players who have at least 8 good years ahead of them.

Then we have mastour, who is just a phenominal player.
Hopefully, if genoa gets relegated we take merkel backBig Grin

ANYHOW, for tomorrow, lets go MILAN and lets go MALAGA!
If malaga beats zenit, and we beat anderlecht(correct me if im wrong) we are mathematically through!

I know it sounds complicated, but those are the two most likely results. Malaga should beat zenit and we should beat anderlecht.
OOT, Chelsea just fired Di Matteo ?! simply wow..
is chelsea doing that bad????
havent follow them since mou was their coach
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13