AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Week 34 Milan vs Catania 28 Apr 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
April has been a difficult month for us. We are yet to win and as a consequence Fiorentina are breathing on our neck. Fortunately Catania have been in worse run. Their performances in the first half of the season had made them hope for Europa League spot but now it seems they must settle for the no-man's land that is mid table.

We won our first encounter with 3-1 scoreline but it was a tense game with both teams ended with ten players. After last week brawl three Catania players are suspended including Andujar who is a decent goalie IMO and several others are out injured. Our attack was insipid against Juve and while our defense were solid for an hour or so we were just one blunder away from falling apart. Abbiati and Ambro are out but Balotelli is back and to me it only serves this situation even further.

We need a win and we need to do it in a convincing way to boost our morale for the final month. I'd say keep Boateng in midfield and play our strongest option upfront: the three mohawks. We're likely to concede anyway and with Bonera or Yepes in Zapata's place and Amelia between the posts it's even more likely. So our only chance of bagging three points now is if we can outscore them. That's why I hope we go for the jugular right from the off.
I'd agree on El-Sha, Balo and Niang.

Quite honestly Pazzini has struggled with expectation - when little is expected of him he seems to work miracles. When we need more, he is desperately poor.

Robinho has been shambolic and I'm bewildered as to why Max started with him 2 matches in a row.

So the 3 mohawks have my complete support.

Midfield of Flamini (if available) Monto, and probably Muntari. Although I'm also a bit lost as to why Nocerino has fallen so badly out of favour.
(04-27-2013, 03:36 PM)Danny Wrote: [ -> ]I'd agree on El-Sha, Balo and Niang.

Quite honestly Pazzini has struggled with expectation - when little is expected of him he seems to work miracles. When we need more, he is desperately poor.

Robinho has been shambolic and I'm bewildered as to why Max started with him 2 matches in a row.

So the 3 mohawks have my complete support.

Midfield of Flamini (if available) Monto, and probably Muntari. Although I'm also a bit lost as to why Nocerino has fallen so badly out of favour.

Because he has been crap all season

I also hope to see Niang start...he offers more than Robinho and we need him in better confidence for the remaining of the season and a starting place alone would be a huge boost to his confidence....a bit of confidence for SeS wouldn't hurt either

Montolivo and the rest have to treat Balotelli less of an Ibra and make sure to spread the play on all 3 forwards
Fiorentina are 2-0 up away to Sampdoria at half time. So right now we're two points behind them in 4th position. We MUST win today!
I wonder if De Sciglio will get a chance to play today. He had 1-2 bad games and seems to have permanently lost his spot to Constant now
(04-28-2013, 03:23 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if De Sciglio will get a chance to play today. He had 1-2 bad games and seems to have permanently lost his spot to Constant now

Constant is our best LB. DS will always be second fiddle. He's also primarily a RB so he may still usurp Abate who is known to be weaker at the back.
(04-27-2013, 10:12 PM)LebRN Wrote: [ -> ]Because he has been crap all season

He's not featured for half of it! Bit unfair to say all season when he's barely played since November last year.

It's also not exactly Allegri logic to consistently drop those who play poorly. Robinho had a shocker V Napoli but remained in the team V Juve. Pazzini has been poor recently but started ahead of Niang.

Quote:I also hope to see Niang start...he offers more than Robinho and we need him in better confidence for the remaining of the season and a starting place alone would be a huge boost to his confidence....a bit of confidence for SeS wouldn't hurt either

Montolivo and the rest have to treat Balotelli less of an Ibra and make sure to spread the play on all 3 forwards

Honestly? I'd argue Balo thrives on being relied on. He isn't quite as good as Ibra, but he fulfills the same kind of role.

But I do agree the 3-prong approach works well and it's better to see the flanks being properly utilised.

PS: It really continues to refresh and cleanse my soul to see a forum on which Muntari and Niang are not loathed, despised and hated desperately so much so that a word of support for them has you labelled 'mentally ill'.
Damn looks like Fio is getting 3 points. Extra pressure on us to get back to winning ways.

I can't believe people would loathe Niang! This guy is going to be ridiculously awesome if he continues to improve. I don't think he should start ahead of KPB for a few reasons but I think next year he will be a sure starter, again if he maintains his trajectory of improvement.
Niang needs to go back to doing the basics right. He's been trying to complicate his game lately, which is probably due to him trying desperately to impress in the limited playing time he's getting lately.

Muntari..I'm sorry but I think he's a very average player who only gets minutes because our midfield is simply that bad. If we want to see our team challenge for anything next season, Muntari should be a backup at best.
Dany, let me rephrase: he's been crap whenever he played and I'm not talking average or bad....just utter crap and unfortunately seems there is a big chance he starts today....maybe Allegri hoping he could feed on Balo like he did with Ibra....I hope so

I agree that Balo thrives when being relied on but that is killing the rest of the guys and particularly SeS and the guy does not deserve that...I also don't want to see Balo turning into give-me-every-ball Arrogant Ibra which the way things are going right now looks possible

Fiorentina won...good for them...we need to prove we r better and deserve the CL and I believe we can do that

Also agree with Mystik's post

FORZA Milan
By the way Nalx, wasn't April last year the month when we screw it all up?
Not an April guy Mr. Allegri I guess
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10