AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Current squad - what work is needed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
A quick update in today's Gazzetta, apparently Maldini's now further away and Albertini is closer (not necessarily the favourite though). The reason for this is Maldini is supposedly uncertain about the role offered as he wants to be part of the decisions in running of the club.

I'm guessing Maldini was offered a role something like Zidane at Real. Zidane at Real was Sporting Director, but mostly the role was ambassadorial, with his presence there mostly for spirit and didn't necessarily have much influence on the overall running of the club. I think Maldini probably wants to be in a role actually acknowledged on the board of directors, one where he'll be involved in the discussions of the direction of the club (even if his personal interest would be primarily in the sporting aspect).
I love Maldini. He is my favorite player of all time. I think the world of him. With that said, I am beginning to get this entitlement feeling from him. Playing and being in Management (not being a manager per se) are 2 different realms. Part of me feels that he should accept a smaller, less ideal position and work his way up. He has to learn the ropes of being inside and how it works before having incredible responsibility. Take a lesson from other greats like zizou. He has the fan support but obviously his tactic of my way or the highway continues to keep him on the fringes.
I think Zizou's a bad example, as until now i don't see him being particularly influencial, just mostly part of the face of Real. We don't know exactly what's going on with Maldini, but I don't blame him if he doesn't just want to be face of Milan. You're right, he needs to work his way up, but he's probably well qualified if given power to determine the sporting culture throughout the club and playing an active role in choosing players for transfers (not necessarily negotiating)
Boban gives a verbal lashing to Balo: http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/11/...is-career/?

Dang those are some pretty strong words
Agree with him totally though. As talented as Balotelli is, he doesn't do anything for the team. I've been harping on about this since last season when he was in form, as it's one aspect of his game that seriously lacking and will stop him ever reaching any great heights. Hell, I've always complained that Ibra works for himself and not for the team, but compared to Balotelli he works incredibly hard for the team. The only game where I felt Balo really worked hard was Napoli this year and even then he was trying to beat them on his own.

I'm not suddenly saying Balotelli's not the same guy he was when he was doing well, I'm saying he's always had these problems and hasn't done a thing to improve on them. Now that he's going through a tough time, it means he offers nothing to the team, neither hardwork nor individual ability. He's suddenly lost his mohawk and earring, looking like a normal guy and not a bad boy, yet his behaviour and workrate is worse than ever.

This goes onto discipline in general in the squad. Gattuso mentioned how the discipline had gone under Allegri before and until this season I generally disregarded the comment, thinking he may have held expectations that were a little unfair. However, looking at the situation now, I will say he was absolutely right.

As long as we had senators in the squad, things were always controlled. In Allegri's first year, we had all of the senators (plus Ibra and Thiago, two very serious professionals), the second year only Pirlo had really left (with guys like Van Bommel and Yepes becoming well respected), third year we still had Ambro, Yepes and Bonera. This year, we appear to have lost all of the discipline and respect these guys commanded. The current senior figures like Kaka, Montolivo and Abbiati aren't authoratative and can't necessarily keep the others in check. I would even try and lean on Bonera and Nocerino to help in the matter (both are known as serious professionals), but one has been injured all season and therefore training separately and the other has been marginalised in the squad and is going through his own problems, probably looking for a new club.
Boban is absolutely right! Only a blind Balo fanboy would disagree with it.

And this isn't because he has had a bad 2-3 months. It's always been the same. One brilliant touch or a great goal...followed by a ton of inconsistency, arguing, bad attitude, diving, stupid yellow cards, and lazy "I'm too good to chase the ball" attitude and walking on the field.
Haha I agree but I must say Kaka (I think) is starting to have a positive benefit on him. Last game there was noticeably much less complaining and diving (outside of the PK). I don't think Balo will be hear into the next season which is ashame. I think he is going to esssentially Cassano his own future which is tragic because he has so much talent.

And with Kaka. I really did not think this guy could be that influential. Boy was I wrong on that. Can you believe that a few months ago Madrid essentially felt his tank was empty and he was not worth a transfer! Now let's watch him bludgeon Celtic ala 2007!
"Balotelli would have carried the bags for Van Baste, for Weah, and for Shevchenko." -> this part made my day. While I agree with Boban, I'm confused as to what really happened. Those incidents (staying up late and being late for training) are widely reported and was specifically mentioned by that Curva guy who must have inside info of sorts because of his position, but Allegri strongly denied it.

It's like the report about his dust-up with Inzaghi last season. The club denied it but the rebukes and comments coming from all over the world, including from Nesta who lambasted both parties, made me think that it really happened.
(11-26-2013, 02:19 PM)honsano Wrote: [ -> ]Haha I agree but I must say Kaka (I think) is starting to have a positive benefit on him. Last game there was noticeably much less complaining and diving (outside of the PK). I don't think Balo will be hear into the next season which is ashame. I think he is going to esssentially Cassano his own future which is tragic because he has so much talent.

And with Kaka. I really did not think this guy could be that influential. Boy was I wrong on that. Can you believe that a few months ago Madrid essentially felt his tank was empty and he was not worth a transfer! Now let's watch him bludgeon Celtic ala 2007!

I too hope that Kaka will mentor Balotelli through this difficult time; after all, those Brazilians owe us one. Remember how Ronaldinho "mentored" Pato into the crap hole? Angry
(11-26-2013, 02:19 PM)honsano Wrote: [ -> ]Haha I agree but I must say Kaka (I think) is starting to have a positive benefit on him. Last game there was noticeably much less complaining and diving (outside of the PK). I don't think Balo will be hear into the next season which is ashame. I think he is going to esssentially Cassano his own future which is tragic because he has so much talent.

It happens, Cassano&Balo are not the only two to have ruined their careers because of bad attitudes. For example, with Cassano every new set of fans thought he would change(every time he switched clubs),but he never did. We saw it with how he left Milan, and how he left Merda, and that's even after he said certain great things about both clubs (similar to how Balotelli says he's a big fan of Milan and he loves Milan). Actually, I believe Cassano was even more talented when he was young than Balotelli is now, he was really something else. So as much as I want Balotelli to succeed, I won't get my hopes up until I actually see an entire season of him scoring as his level of talent suggests (aka not being lazy some games), and when he acts like a professional. Media are harsh on Balo, but he can't use that as a scapegoat for his actions all the time because it works both ways: Media attacks him for silly things he does, then he does more silly/rash things to almost go against the media somewhat. Racism is an ongoing problem for him, but he should react as others do and try to ignore it and promote the fact that it's not right (i.e be an example for children, go against racism but be civil). Anyways, on one side he's attacked by many, but on the flip side he brings some of that negativity to himself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16