AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Current squad - what work is needed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Wow that is sad but good at the same time. At least we know one day, we'll be a very good team Big Grin
http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/10/...nvestment/?

Here's a link to confirm the rumour I mentioned about foreign investment the other day.
Thanks for the link, Dev. I don't however trust much in this type of news though. It is not the first time that we see this type of speculation on headlines, linking us to Albania, Russia, even China (or is that one for Inter?), but at the end, Berlusconi is always "too proud" to let that happen. Apprently he has no problem seeing Milan deteriorate and perhaps rotting in hell along with him.
Some interesting comments from Agnelli of late regarding Italian football...

http://www.football-italia.net/40988/agn...standstill

It's not something we've not heard from Galliani before (albeit with more fight), but it's interesting the other clubs speak out now. Hopefully, clubs will work together for serious changes in Italian football.
Ok, we can try to develop any formation, any work having to be done with that team, I think until Allegri will be in charge, we'll see games like the one against Parma happen this season ...

It's why I think we should change our coach right now, he's teaching to our players how to lose, not how to win, and he could fuck up a good generation of Milan players (Balo, ELS, De Sciglio) if nothing's done as they'll learn nothing this season.
(10-28-2013, 09:53 AM)GeoTav Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, we can try to develop any formation, any work having to be done with that team, I think until Allegri will be in charge, we'll see games like the one against Parma happen this season ...

It's why I think we should change our coach right now, he's teaching to our players how to lose, not how to win, and he could fuck up a good generation of Milan players (Balo, ELS, De Sciglio) if nothing's done as they'll learn nothing this season.

Icon_lol2 I hope our players refuse to learn then. Okmilan
There is a big chance that Pippo will be our next coach. I do see Allegri getting fired in the following weeks if his results are weak. We know that Berlusconi don't want to waste his money on firing a coach, but he will be furious at the moment. However I also consider Allegri unlucky with the current squad. MilanLab is huge failure, making every player vulnerable for muscle problems. We're losing our players one for one to muscle problems.

If Allegri will be sacked, Pippo could be following him up. Not only because he is doing good. But he'll be cheap too, which is interesting, knowing B&G.

If you make a list of the players we got. And assuming they're all fit. It is a great squad. Although I find our defence still too weak for the Italian A serie. But let's make a formation, I always pick 4-4-2 with the rombus in the middle, also known as: 4-3-1-2, which makes you think it's already a more offensive formation.

The example is the attachment.

You can see we got a really strong team. And keep in mind that: Pazzini, Niang, Emanuelson, Constant, Zapata, Poli, Birsa and Gabriel are really good back-ups. Poli could be a Squad player too.

This team should play for at least the #2 spot. But Allegri is making this team play like old men. I don't care beautiful we play, and I don't expect tiki taki gallery play. Or whatever you'd like to call it. But come on, the way he makes this team play is making me cry. Even with the high amount of injuries, you got a team that should be able to play for top 5 in Serie A. No questions.

Thanks.
I know other threads are kind of discussing the whole Barbara Berlusconi "new philosophy" stuff, but I felt it was kind of apt to post here as this is something many of us have discussed in this thread in recent weeks.

Personally, I thought it was great to finally hear someone in the club say something. Things were clearly not right yet until now there was no evidence about us changing. Barbara's comments to Silvio have been deemed an attack at Galliani, which may well be the case despite her denial, but ultimately I think she's identifying necessary change that's required at board level in the running of the club.

The way I read her comments and something I read on Milannews to further suggest this point was that while she doesn't want to get rid of Galliani, she does want to change his role to be less involved in the selection of players for transfers coming in. This goes completely in line with something I posted a while back in a post about bringing Maldini back to select players, as Galliani's looking both the player and the budget which can create a conflict of interest in who comes. The best thing about Barbara's idea is Galliani would be much more focused on the business side of the club, with someone else being given responsibility of the sporting side. Given Galliani's not really a man with sporting background, despite his experience at Milan, I think now we need someone who understands the sport superbly well to build our sporting culture, especially as it's no longer the case of spending what's necessary to get the best players.

This goes onto Maldini, who is rumoured to being approached as a director. For me this is music to my ears, as anyone who reads my posts will know I've been wanting Maldini to return since he retired. Again, this goes in line with Galliani focusing on business, with Maldini acting as our sporting director (managing the sporting/footballing elements of the club).

Barbara also wants a modern scouting/networking system at the club. Again, this can only be a good thing as our scouting has clearly been questionable at best in recent years. I would hope as part of this we'd be scouting character of players and not just ability (something I go into detail on in my post on the first page of this thread).

Ultimately, the idea seems to be that Barbara wants the club to manage itself better, by using it's resources correctly rather than the "mismanagement" we've seen in recent years. She has a point too, as apparently she said that others like Roma have spent less than us yet are much better. She's got my full support if these are all true and for me at this point seems the biggest hope of the club returning to strength.

Imo, none of this serves to conflict with our so called "youth movement" and if anything would only serve to support it, as in my previous post I said Maldini would work with Galli to integrate the youth set up with the senior squad.
REading Barbara comments indeed are fresh air into Milan. Having said that, will Berlu let go of his hold in Milan? also, will Galli steps down.

As I had been saying for a while, Milan needs changes on and off the field. To me, fixing what is on the field is a lot easier than off the field. As cleaning house at the MGt level requires a lot of patience and guts.

ANYhow, hope Barbara can do what she thinks its right.
I liked her comments too, especially in a time where nobody is speaking and all we hear week in, week out is Galliani and Allegri 'calmly' saying we need to improve. I think Galliani does a good job, but over the last couple of mercatos he's been sleeping. Buying Matri when we could have used that money for Tevez was by far the stupidest move I've seen in a while.

That being said, it doesn't look TOO bad... If we can maintain a healthy squad with the players KingBanana posted above^ I see no reason why we wouldn't be favored competitors for a CL place. I think the fact that Berlusconi (with his ongoing problems) isn't having such an influence on the club anymore, it's practically being run completely by Galliani, and it's obvious he had a big say in Allegri staying, probably even agreed on signing Matri over coffee with Allegri.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16