AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Contest idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I want to ask anybody reading this.

Do you think having a contest where the winner gets, say, a Milan polo shirt attract new users to the forum? For example:

Enter by registering on the forum, make at least 2 posts on the forum, increase your chances by following on twitter and liking on facebook.
Everybody, including current members and followers, will be entered into a draw and winner picked at random.

I guess my question is will this attract 'semi-active' (whatever that may mean) forum posters users in your opinion or not?
That could be a good idea. Everytime I log in there seems to be around 10-20 guests reading the forums. That said I do believe the turmoil the club has been experiencing both on and off the field has something to do with the lack of activity here on MM. I know that at the same time it also gives us a lot to talk about but it's difficult to get enthusiastic when that's exactly what the club hierarchy has been doing lately: all talk and no action.
Screw the new users or 'semi-active' users. Just give whatever prize to those with at least 5000 posts. Grinundwech
Or give it to myself Big Grin
before you decide to do it, think about the delivery costs. remember, MM members are from all over the world. I'm from Bosnia, for example, and I'm sure the shirt delivery would cost more than 3 shirts Smile
Agreed with Stitch. Why not make the reward a bit more interesting. An unlocked Galaxy Note 3 anyone? Grinundwech
(12-04-2013, 11:06 AM)Stitch Wrote: [ -> ]before you decide to do it, think about the delivery costs. remember, MM members are from all over the world. I'm from Bosnia, for example, and I'm sure the shirt delivery would cost more than 3 shirts Smile

That's a great point. I think Reza should only give the award to those who live in North America.

Hmmmm, how many members are from North America?
Why North America? Why not, for example, London? Smile
Thanks Stitch, very true. I actually encountered that when I was shipping a jacket to Germany a while ago. That is a major consideration beside having the contest at all.
If I go ahead it will have to be worldwide but importantly without guarantees, not going to accept any responsibility for lost in shipping. I can name quit a few countries where a package can be lost/stolen, some I know from personal experience and others through stories.
Why not make it as a prize for the prediction league? Not sure if it's manageable to do it every season, but I guess it's a way to make them coming every week or so to get their results right and see how they've fared compared to others?

Not sure how the prediction league runs, but that may work out?

(Although for this season I'd love it to be a random member since I'm not in it Big Grin)
Pages: 1 2 3