AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Our new headcoach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't see why we couldn't make all those other changes and keep Seedorf. What is it that Inzaghi has that is so much different or better from Clarence? 1-2 years in the Primavera?
(05-27-2014, 03:39 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why we couldn't make all those other changes and keep Seedorf. What is it that Inzaghi has that is so much different or better from Clarence? 1-2 years in the Primavera?

Pippo has good relations with the management, that's the only reason unfortunately.
Dev, thanks for the update. Mystik, I don't understand either. Seedorf has shown that he has balls, if Inzaghi turns out to be different, we will be disappointed; if Inzaghi turns out to be the same, we will be disappointed too (because he will be fired).

In sum, I am quite pessimistic. But I have witnessed enough glory with Milan, so many more than many fans in the world would do with their teams in their entire life, so I am content. I am ready for the long, trophy-less years to come. Seriously.
(05-27-2014, 04:02 PM)Acmir Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2014, 03:39 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why we couldn't make all those other changes and keep Seedorf. What is it that Inzaghi has that is so much different or better from Clarence? 1-2 years in the Primavera?

Pippo has good relations with the management, that's the only reason unfortunately.

Seedorf had great relations with the management. Just saying.
Do you guys think Ancelotti has good relations with the management?

He does, I will say. He is a very smart man with wonderful people skills, judged by how handled (and suffered and survived) Berlusconi's abuses elegantly and diplomatically, especially in his final few seasons with us.
I don't really know why we can't continue with Seedorf, I think there's something there that we probably won't ever find out about for certain.

As for Inzaghi, I get the impression Acmir's partly right, he gets on with Galliani and Berlusconi. He's also cheap, which is obviously a key factor.

(05-27-2014, 02:24 PM)Aficio Wrote: [ -> ]This part made me so happy that I almost jumped off my chair.

We are taking about culture. Sacchi is the person who made Milan great by his innovation idea more than by just money. This is why the Grande Milano is much better than the Galaticos. We should learn from how Barca applied Johan Cruyff's way to all of their teams from youth to senior. We can't build on youth without all teams sharing one direction. And our culture will surely be more attractive than some kids passing the ball around.

I'm happy if this and the other proposed changes occur, but I'm also very hesitant at this point, mostly because you never know when Silvio has another wild dream and makes wholesale changes for the worst, while Galliani's continued incompetence is still in charge at the club.

A little off topic, but Fabio Ravezzanni, director at Telelombardia, has criticised Barbara on Twitter about not completing her revolution:

http://www.milannews.it/altre-notizie/ra...tto-145656

I don't get this comment though. No one can deny Barbara, for all her good or bad qualities, has been getting things to happen at the club from a business perspective. She's made some significant changes to those who run the business and been developing projects to help increase revenue, potentially with great success if Casa Milan so far is anything to go by.

Her impact on the sporting sector has been minimal, but in this respect it's also obvious that while she has some say in this part of the club, ultimately it seems Galliani's won the power struggle they had 6 months ago, at least for the time being.

Barbara could do well to be a little more careful with her comments, as she keeps using other teams/countries (Ajax, Germany and Atletico) as examples for us to follow, but this can lead to confusion as to what our direction actually is when an average person reads her comment. I think she mostly comments based on the situation at the time (i.e. the recent Atletico comment was made around the CL final), but sometimes I think it would benefit her not to try and say anything about us.
Brocchi will now become Milan Primavera's coach after Inzaghi will be appointed as coach of the first team. So I guess it has to become official rather soon.
oh, and this:

[Image: 2a8jc4i.jpg]

for some odd reason, I am amused. :/
@Dev: Yes, with Berlusconi's craziness and Galliani still in charge, this is just a dream that I hope will happen. Only in Ancelotti's time I can see something related to the Milan I loved. Zaccheroni and Allegri's version didn't make me fully happy though there were some trophies. We lack a "Milan philosophy", and Sacchi is the best person to bring it up/back. And it is even better with Maldini as his right hand man. Why Barca can promote Cruijff and Real are representing Zidane, but we cannot give the same to our more iconic figures(with club)? Well, of course this is a rhetorical question.

And for some who think Pippo as a yes-man though nothing happened in reality, you guys should consider Ancelotti.
Pippo is a young promising coach that can be offered good jobs in the near future, the simple yes man thing is a bit unfair to him. Not saying 100% he will be great here or elsewhere but that kind of characterization is somewhat unfair.
I wanted Pippo to become our coach at the start of last season ...

But maybe right now is the best time for him : he got a trophy with the Primavera, has 1 more year of experience, we're no more in CL so he will be able to fully concentrate on Serie A and some aspects of our game, and he knows the young players quite well so he could promote some of them with him (I hope so).

Sadly, Seedorf didn't do a bad work but it looks like he had some management issues (with players, and with the circus B&G), so it's better to stop him as if the situation is as bad as it is rumoured to be, it will only damage both the club and Seedorf himself then ...

So good luck to him for the future. And welcome Pippo !!