AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Our new headcoach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
20 years ago, he was 21. Still so young.

Happy birthday Big Grin
May inzaghi become milan's ferguson. Heart
So we must wait about 3 years for an Italian Cup Grinundwech
So you are saying that we actually may win something in three years? :d
In the worst case, we can still win Serie B (or C) Big Grin
Inzaghi did well with the youngsters I think he doesn't lack experience. I mean he played football for 20 years at the highest levels, he has been trained by Ancelotti,Capello and many other experienced coach, he must have learnt something. Give him time, he will surprise us all.
Conference ahead of tomorrow's match (quoted from another forum):
Quote:Inzaghi: Going back to Parma is always a pleasure for me. I started and scored my first Serie A goal with Parma so I have lots of great memories. However, tomorrow we have a very difficult match to play in my opinion.

Inzaghi: Parma at home transform themselves. Last year they collected 6 points against us. We will find Cassano who is always a danger. We can’t deceive ourselves with the positive results. The road is long. We can’t set ourselves limits and we have to give what we can. We will see in 3 months what stage we’re at and what we have done out on the pitch.

Inzaghi: We are all working and adapting based on the characteristics of the squad. I have to judge what I see but it’s clear that results would help us grow quicker. Conte has been coaching for a while and has won a lot. I am happy that he’s the national team coach.

Inzaghi: We have to win back the fans with heart. We will need lots of great performances. They will then help us and make the difference as always.

Inzaghi: Bonaventura as a wide midfielder could become very strong. We also have Saponara and slowly we will find space for him.

Inzaghi: It’s a shame for El Shaarawy as he was in great form. However within the squad I have many players that can replace him. All of the players are training well, this is a great thing and I thank them for this. They all give their all.

Inzaghi: President comes to see us every Friday to motivate us. The enthusiasm of the President is amazing. His visits could make the difference this year. I would be happy if he came every Friday to Milanello.

Inzaghi: Our playing system won’t change. If Torres plays tomorrow, he will play as a centre forward. He’s had a hard year but from the tests and training sessions he’s an example to others.

Inzaghi: In every match I will see who to play in attack based on the characteristics of the opponents. I’ve told all my players that the substitutes are as important as the first team players because I believe that the final half an hour of a match is very important. I have some very strong centre backs available to me and I am spoilt for choice just like in the attacking department.

Inzaghi: Every match is fundamental but I can’t always look solely at the result and I have to also look at the performance. I hope that tomorrow will be a performance that mirrors the spirit showed against Lazio. Then, in football anything can happen. You can play well and perhaps not pick up all 3 points. I cannot wait for the match tomorrow to see our actual progress. We can’t forget that this team comes from an eighth place finish last year and needs time.

Inzaghi: A squad has to always be compact. With my staff I will evaluate how to approach the match and take advantage of the characteristics of our opponents. We are Milan and we will try and have more possession than our opponents.

Inzaghi: Lots of players went away on international duty and we also lost El Shaarawy. Let’s hope the international travels haven’t tired-out the players, but they looked good in training.

Inzaghi: Torres is impressing everyone in the training session. He's an example for the other players, and I'm very happy that he's here. Pazzini? He will be important for us. I will try to use the whole squad in this season.

I'm pleased with Pippo's comments on Saponara. Just before this interview yesterday I was discussing with nefremo about Saponara getting space.
may not be the best news to hear, but it seems that berlusconi said "Inzaghi has not been listening to me".

the link to the article (in Chinese) is as below, but I am sure that it was translated off some English source (but I am too lazy to search).

http://sports.sina.com.cn/g/seriea/2014-...2151.shtml
Berlusconi doesn't specifically name Inzaghi, but yeah the comments do appear rather negative towards the coaching and playing staff in general. Now while I do feel this is the same story of Berlusconi in recent years of criticising others when he needs to be more realistic about his expectations of the side given he invests nothing, I do kind of agree with him.

Against Juve, Inzaghi set up the side in a very negative way, something that shouldn't be the case in a club like Milan. I think the issue that most have had was how deep the side sat and how little initiative was taken to take the game to Juve. Had the team lost, but played in a more proactive manner, then the backlash wouldn't have been there. Case and point is when Seedorf was in charge and lost vs Juve, where the side dominated Juve, but the feeling was positive because the only difference was Juve had a player who could make the difference at any time (Tevez). I remember that a lot of the feeling was positive post match because of the performance, while the Juve players and even Conte showed a lot of respect to Milan.

Inzaghi should use this as a learning experience and remember what it means to manage Milan, that the team always has to go on the pitch to dominate teams with respect, but without fear. I personally didn't see that on Saturday.