AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Group-A - WC 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Honestly, after 1-1, I had a feeling that Netherlands would win 4-1. I was almost right!

Damn Robben. Big Grin

Wait, wrong Group. This is Group A discussion. Icon_lol2

(06-13-2014, 04:48 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]it is rare but this time Dev I don't agree with you fully. but I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Brazil is among the few teams that I won't mind winning the whole thing, just for the record.

I assume you mean about my comment on the ref, which is a fair point. To be honest I respect and understand if people don't agree with me, as there were times when I was also in doubt.

Speaking about Brazil, a comment I forgot to mention in my post yesterday is that I actually think that a bit like Italy, Brazil is currently going through a process to find their identity. As I mentioned yesterday there appears to be discussion in Brazilian football about where the focus needs to be, but much more than that Brazil for a long time (at least since 2002, if not longer) doesn't appear to play to it's heritage.

For me, one of the most defining qualities about the classic Brazilian sides is the fact that they had a very clear rhythm to their game, where the tempo would rise and fall throughout matches. In a sense, to me it often felt like Brazilian sides would dance to the drums often in the crowd. These days, it seems the rhythm isn't really there, even though the individual skill actually is. I think if Brazil can rekindle the feeling of that rhythm, they would be so much better, Spain, since 2008 have shown this playing to their own tiki taka rhythm.

I also watched Mexico's win over Cameroon. While Mexico played how I expected, I must admit to being disappointed in Cameroon. While not expecting anything spectacular, I did feel they were pretty negative in their approach and extremely timid. I feel this is a common problem in a lot of African sides, as these days it feels there's a great deal of focus on developing physically imposing athletes, but little room for imagination and creativity (e.g. guys like Jay Jay Okocha are uncommon these days). This is probably related to the marketplace and what many European club sides look for in African players.
I agree about what you said about the the African sides Dev. I would also add that they are now trying to be TOO tactical. Cameroon was tryig to be very tactical against Mexico, waiting back, trying to use Eto'o up front, lines of 5, 4, etc, etc, what not. When amongst all of that they forgot to use their own strength - pace and physicality. Both of which went into play after being 1-0 down. They actually introduced a second forward and gave Mexico a couple of scares. The game could have been very different had they started it with the vision to maximize their own strengths rather then limit Mexico's. For me, it was a very negative approach and they paid the price for it. If there is one person to blame for it, then it's their coach for setting them up like that. I saw them play against Germany 10 days ago and they played without too much worry. They played free and without too much overthinking. They did concede 2 goals but also scored 2 and looked good out there. That's exactly what they should have done yesterday too.
Rat trap hint

[Image: 10468204_325734404241657_2968849929853329817_n.jpg]
what is that? the amount of rats as the goal scored? so, Mexico 0-2 Brazil? Icon_lol2
Saint Paul said that Big Grin
Brazil (and Mexico) are already playing their second match of the group stage, while Russia and Korea haven't even played their first. Something is wrong with this scheduling.
^ the schedule looks fine, a little zig zac but still quite alphabetical.

3 time offsided. Does Fred think he is Pippo? Big Grin
ochoa. wow.
(06-17-2014, 08:27 PM)Stitch Wrote: [ -> ]ochoa. wow.

Milan was linked to him a while ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13