AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Matri and Constant might leave to Sampdoria and Lazio. Matri loan with Milan helping with his salary.
(01-08-2014, 06:33 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Matri and Constant might leave to Sampdoria and Lazio. Matri loan with Milan helping with his salary.

So then why'd they get rid of Niang? Balotelli and Pazzini up top only. Niang could have played in Coppa and if one or both get injured.
Because Galliani is planning to bid 10 million for Amauri
(01-08-2014, 04:18 PM)Nalx Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, that's him. Fernando Reges. The latest rumor says that Galliani, as expected, is gonna wait until his current contract expires. If he's at de Jong's level, I don't mind giving him a chance next season. I sure am sick with players like Noce or Muntari.

Truth is he may be at De Jong's level if he meets expectations. Problem is that we already see so many complaints about the lack of creativity or explosive players in midfield, adding Fernando (who'd be expecting a starting role) is only further compounding the issue, which leads me to responding to Xu's post from the other day (I forgot to reply to it then)...

(01-07-2014, 05:40 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Dev: I don't know if we have decided on the new coach, which could be an important issue. If not, it may make sense that we go slow on this particular winter transfer market, because every coach has a different philosophy and will most likely demand a new set of players (of course I am not talking about great players like Ronaldo that can help any team regardless). The last thing we want would be we buy a bunch of players that the new coach will hurry to get rid of as soon as he arrives.

I think if we're talking about a player like Jorginho, there are very few coaches who will reject a player of his technical ability and balance, making him a safe bet for whoever comes in. Thing is, he's pretty good defensively and is excellent technically. We're talking about a guy who tackles on average as much as De Jong per match, although makes roughly 1 less interception per match. This might be because he naturally plays further up the pitch, where it's harder to make interceptions. On the other side, we're talking about a player whose contribution is hugely significant going forward, managing 7 goals and 3 assists in 17 games this season.

Unlike Fernando, who imo would be a player a coach might specifically request to attain a balance and set of skills his set up might need, Jorginho is much more versatile in how he can be used. It's also for this reason I'm baffled that we'd seriously go for Fernando at this particular point in time. All that said, we should be aiming to create a philosophy at the club which helps us buy players and create the style of football we want. The coach will work out the details, but due to the short term nature of a coaching job, we cannot build the squad based on just the coach's demands. That's why I've said so often I want Maldini back, to direct the footballing culture of the club. With all due respect to Galliani, I simply think he's inept when trying to do this, as he's a businessman, not a man of football.

One other point about Jorginho is I think he'd work well with Cristante in the future. While I view Cristante as a regista in deep, I think Jorginho's game is much more about moving forward with the attacking plays, sooner looking to play a pass and move forward to look to receive the ball again than Cristante who will look to play the pass and move into space to receive the ball back to direct play. I guess if we try to compare it to midfielders of our past, Cristante would be more like Pirlo and Jorginho like Seedorf.

Oh and there's one player I hope we don't ignore during all this, Marco Ezio Fossati. It seems that he's somewhat forgotten going out on loan over the past 2/3 years, but I remember he was excellent for the Primavera when he came from Inter. Since then he's been playing regularly on loans at Ascoli and now at Bari, also playing a regular part in the Italy U17, U18, U20 and U21 sides. He was also voted best youngster in Serie B last season, a year when the league was extremely strong and had quite a few impressive youngsters, including Jorginho, Zaza, Salamon and Saponara to name a few.
(01-08-2014, 08:33 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Because Galliani is planning to bid 10 million for Amauri

Now you tell me that this is not a seriously bannable post. Angry 1ban

(01-08-2014, 09:35 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]I think if we're talking about a player like Jorginho, there are very few coaches who will reject a player of his technical ability and balance, making him a safe bet for whoever comes in. Thing is, he's pretty good defensively and is excellent technically. We're talking about a guy who tackles on average as much as De Jong per match, although makes roughly 1 less interception per match. This might be because he naturally plays further up the pitch, where it's harder to make interceptions. On the other side, we're talking about a player whose contribution is hugely significant going forward, managing 7 goals and 3 assists in 17 games this season.

Unlike Fernando, who imo would be a player a coach might specifically request to attain a balance and set of skills his set up might need, Jorginho is much more versatile in how he can be used. It's also for this reason I'm baffled that we'd seriously go for Fernando at this particular point in time. All that said, we should be aiming to create a philosophy at the club which helps us buy players and create the style of football we want. The coach will work out the details, but due to the short term nature of a coaching job, we cannot build the squad based on just the coach's demands. That's why I've said so often I want Maldini back, to direct the footballing culture of the club. With all due respect to Galliani, I simply think he's inept when trying to do this, as he's a businessman, not a man of football.

One other point about Jorginho is I think he'd work well with Cristante in the future. While I view Cristante as a regista in deep, I think Jorginho's game is much more about moving forward with the attacking plays, sooner looking to play a pass and move forward to look to receive the ball again than Cristante who will look to play the pass and move into space to receive the ball back to direct play. I guess if we try to compare it to midfielders of our past, Cristante would be more like Pirlo and Jorginho like Seedorf.

Oh and there's one player I hope we don't ignore during all this, Marco Ezio Fossati. It seems that he's somewhat forgotten going out on loan over the past 2/3 years, but I remember he was excellent for the Primavera when he came from Inter. Since then he's been playing regularly on loans at Ascoli and now at Bari, also playing a regular part in the Italy U17, U18, U20 and U21 sides. He was also voted best youngster in Serie B last season, a year when the league was extremely strong and had quite a few impressive youngsters, including Jorginho, Zaza, Salamon and Saponara to name a few.

Dev, your view of Jorginho is very interesting. In two weeks Verona will visit San Siro and I will have a good chance to observe him play. As for Marco Ezio Fossati, I just checked and saw that he moved to Bari. Wonder why he wasn't given a chance to come back to Milan since he is already 21; also why Ascoli didn't opt to retain him considering that he had a breakthrough season according to the media?
Alonso signs extension with Real Madrid

Spalletti offers himself to Milan
" I would love to coach Balotelli and I could give him the right advice"

Nemanja Vidic 'unlikely' to extent contract with MUFC

Pirlo on verge of re-signing with Juventus
Spalletti has a contract with Zenit until 2015 (according to wikipedia). Even if we were interested in his service, will we be able to get him from those rich Russians? Didn't we go through a lot of hassle when we acquired Allegri?

(01-08-2014, 09:54 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2014, 08:33 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Because Galliani is planning to bid 10 million for Amauri
Now you tell me that this is not a seriously bannable post. Angry 1ban

I clicked to ban myself, it didn't work Angel

Sagrin

(01-08-2014, 10:40 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2014, 09:54 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Now you tell me that this is not a seriously bannable post. Angry 1ban

I clicked to ban myself, it didn't work Angel

Sagrin

That's quality trolling, man; and it hurts. Blush

Grinundwech