AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone get news on the Van Ginkel loan? I had a poor source but it said it was a pure loan with no option to buy.
(08-27-2014, 12:34 PM)Revolver Wrote: [ -> ]Lowering expectations is ok, but getting Torres is not lowering expectations. I can't believe, we've just got rid of one problem, now we have a team that at least can be properly motivated, and we're getting a player that has been struggling to find the motivation for 2 years or more.

It's better to get a player like Destro. At least you can expect a properly motivated player, that can get better as time goes by. And not like that, a worn-out player who's low on confidence...

TBF i still believe in torres. He's just never been well-fit for Chelski. AND he's a VERY useful team player in my opinion.
Someone needs to find a compilation of
Torres' worst misses at Chelsea so that people really understand what we are getting here. I still am struggling to believe that we are selling our best player and asset to get...Torres. How low will we go...
(08-27-2014, 12:57 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]Someone needs to find a compilation of
Torres' worst misses at Chelsea so that people really understand what we are getting here. I still am struggling to believe that we are selling our best player and asset to get...Torres. How low will we go...

Its not a case of selling Balo to get Torres.Its selling Balo for 20m and then replace him with a free or loan player.They just see Torres as a big name.There was no intention to replace Balo adequetly.We know how they work its disgusting.
(08-27-2014, 12:57 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]Someone needs to find a compilation of

Something like this? Devilol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGFNN8Hmnm0

Not saying that I agree 100% with you, because I'm sure we could have made a video like that with some other strikers that we actually like too if we wanted to. But of course, Torres is in decline.
(08-27-2014, 04:49 AM)devoted_dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2014, 01:06 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]maybe it is not entirely impossible that our transfers (read: sales) in the recent years all had to do with the big fine Berlusconi got? I mean, all the revenue would directly go there to fill the hole. AC Milan has been subsidizing its parent company.

it still does not make a lot of sense because it is not like Berlusconi is broke. I believe that his net wealth witnessed a large increase last year.

I don't think that is the case. Fininvest injected almost 50 million euro into Milan this summer to cover our losses from not qualifying for the Champions League. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-364302226.html

50 million is actually a massive amount of money, particularly in Italy's current financial climate. Berlu basically made sure that we wouldn't have to sell off players like El Shaarawy and De Sciglio to stay afloat financially. For that I honestly think we should be grateful, and I think it also proves that he does care about Milan.

Berlusconi and Milan have also chosen to stay in compliance with UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules, which is another factor in all of this. We are already bending the rules a bit by receiving that 50 million injection from Fininvest, so we'd probably end up in trouble if Berlusconi suddenly started buying us players like he did in the old days. Because of that I don't think Galliani is kidding when he says that we have to sell before we buy, and even then we have to be careful about our investments. This explains why we're looking for loans with right of redemption instead of buying players outright.

To become truly competitive again, we simply need to increase our revenue, which will take time. We should remember though, that we are ahead of clubs like Liverpool and Atletico Madrid in terms of both revenue and value, and they both did really well last season. This is not a mission impossible.

A few years back I would think the same as you. But it's not about the money, not about FFP, and not about the Fininvest fine. These are just excuses. Most probably Berlusconi uses Milan for some dirty laundry business.

Not qualifying to the CL in 2014 means that we wont have CL money... In 2015. Now we still have CL money from the 2013/14 season. So to say that Fininvest invested 50 million into Milan and sold Balotelli to cover the CL loss, is a BIG FAKING LIE.
(03-12-2014, 06:26 PM)maharaja Wrote: [ -> ]To fix this team, someone would need to invest a lot. And I mean a lot - At least 100 million pounds just for the transfers to be at least competitive for the domestic title.

We need 4 or 5 very good, proven players that are not 30+ years old, and that means they cost some serous money. We need new a goalkeeper, and completely new defense (two good CBs, and one left back), and perhaps 1 good midfielder.

Unfortunately, I don't see Berlusconi spending so much money, nor any investor who could help us.

(08-27-2014, 01:09 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]

Something like this? Devilol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGFNN8Hmnm0

Not saying that I agree 100% with you, because I'm sure we could have made a video like that with some other strikers that we actually like too if we wanted to. But of course, Torres is in decline.

LOL. Funny to watch, but soon it could become very sad, thanks to Milan's management.
(08-27-2014, 12:17 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Did I just read this?

We're considering selling Adil Rami to Monaco to raise the money needed to pay Torres' wages?!? Wow... For all the sacrifices Rami did to eventually join us... I hope I translated this wrong. Devilol

http://www.milannews.it/calciomercato-mi...ami-153572

I was astounded by this rumour too. Rami basically had to chip in from his own pocket so he could join us and now Galliani is considering to sell him and pocket the gain? Don't we have any decency left?
Can't possibly be true, not even Galliani would even consider that ... surely?
Jesus. The whole Rami operation was farcical as it was but this takes it to a whole other level. I am absolutely certain Galliani has it in him though.

As for Torres… If we can't go for anyone better I'd rather we just put whatever little money we have elsewhere and play Menez or Honda as a falso nueve.