AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Douglas Costa??? Don't get my hopes up! Big Grin

Probably Taarabt.....which by the way is ok, but again, not a left footed player our coach has requested.
(08-29-2014, 02:37 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Have we extended our scouting networks this summer? I've not heard anything like this and if we have, then buying Torres means it's a waste of resources.

Anyway, as you know from the Primavera thread, I'm generally in agreement with you about the youth policy. However, as I mentioned there, I'm not convinced we're showing any patience for the project to succeed (just look at the Cristante rumours). Speaking of Cristante, I ask anyone to answer how Van Ginkel is rated so highly that he could be the one to push Cristante out? People have mentioned him being a very good player here, so I'm just asking what makes him so good?

Yes we've hired a number of new scouts globally. We've also expanded the number of Milan training schools too. Here's an interesting quote Berlu made about youth last year. I believe there's a plan to build a starting XI from our youth academy.

"We’ve a lot of expectations for our players born in ’96, ’97 and ’98. There are some extraordinary champions among them. We’re monitoring several players, but we already have many talents born in 1998.

I want a more Italian Milan side. I hope to create a strong and young Milan side with Italian players and players who represent Lombardy.”

Re Cristante, firstly, they're just rumours. Unless I hear something concrete I'll disregard them like the million other false rumours circulating every mercato. Re Van Ginkel, I don't see anything special about this kid. Apparently he's defensively solid but looks like he'd blow over in the wind. He did have some pretty good stats in Dutch league couple seasons ago though. Looks like Milan's gone with lowest cost option again.
Roma close to getting Raboit. So who cares if we've hired new scouts, we're practically doing Roma's scouting for them. over the last 2 seasons we've taken serious interest in about 4 players now, only to mess around and not do anything because we know fine well we don't have the money, only for Roma to swoop him a week later and get them at a reduced price. That's Strootman, Ljajic, Iturbe and now Raboit.

Makes me quite pissed off with Roma but why are we wasting time pretending we're interested in players we won't stump up the money for? it's like someone on minimum spending all their time browsing in Gucci and Armani for clothes.
We sold almost all recognizable '94 and '95 years players in less than 3 months, there is little reason to believe the '96 to '98 names signed or developing will not becomes the same story. Actually I am NOT the most pessimistic fan but as far as youth goes there is no reason for me to be positive at all, I just don't see it. A more current example: Mastour is still not at the age to be running between the senior bench and primavera, if he is too good for the youth sector but not ready for the senior he is a good canditate for loan (of course no option to buy) not the likes of Cristante.
(08-29-2014, 04:41 PM)Jokka Wrote: [ -> ]Here's an interesting quote Berlu made about youth last year. I believe there's a plan to build a starting XI from our youth academy.

"We’ve a lot of expectations for our players born in ’96, ’97 and ’98. There are some extraordinary champions among them. We’re monitoring several players, but we already have many talents born in 1998.

I want a more Italian Milan side. I hope to create a strong and young Milan side with Italian players and players who represent Lombardy.”

The first one: I'm sure we have some very talented young players in the youth sector, but can we stop calling them champions, please?! Trying to make the youth team players look better than they are won't obscure the load of crap that is our first team.

The second: His on-and-off political cronies in the Lega Nord will like that ...
How can Taarabt and Biabiany be alternatives to Torres? Sometimes I really think our management is clueless or they're just buying for the sake of buying.
Well, it's almost official now. Torres will be a new Milan player, as he and Chelsea now seem to have found a solution to the wage issue.

Honestly, I am not too disappointed (possibly because I am not going to miss Balotelli at all). Since this is a two-year loan (we will sign him permanently after the second season), we will only be paying his wages, meaning that there's very little risk involved. For all we know he could end up being great at Milan. Conte seemed to be very excited about Torres coming to Milan, at least, and said he is perfect for the type of football Pippo wants to play. If he flops, we have other players who know how to score goals. I doubt that will happen though. I predict at that he'll score a minimum of 10 Serie A goals, but probably around 15. Call me crazy, but it's just a gut feeling Tongue
My mind says torres is finished, but for some reason i get the feeling Torres will do good here... I dunno why, its just a feeling.
anyway, Welcome Fernando.

and I hope Cristante is staying!!
Reza, I don't agree that Mastour should be loaned out. A talent like him should be looked after and nurtured only by us. By the people at the club. Our coaches, our environment. We should be in full control of how he develops.
From what I've gathered it will be a two or three year deal, worth like € 3.5M/yr. Any idea what we are going to pay Chelsea for the transfer?