AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What else is there to be said about Cole and Mikel!?!?

Cole was a great player but has fallen down the ranks in the last few years. Mikel has always been just an average player for me. I don't see why we would need any one of them right now. We may need players that play in those positions....but definitely not these two. If this rumour has some truth in it....then clearly it's because they are cheap/free. Same old crap....we don't shop for the quality we need, but only names that are cheap/free. We might as well promote a youngster (or invest in one) with the money (wages + possible transfer for Mikel) that we will have to spend on these two clowns. We need to seriously stop taking other teams's trash from them. What the hell is going on with this club!?!?
(04-15-2014, 04:19 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]What else is there to be said about Cole and Mikel!?!?

Cole was a great player but has fallen down the ranks in the last few years. Mikel has always been just an average player for me. I don't see why we would need any one of them right now. We may need players that play in those positions....but definitely not these two. If this rumour has some truth in it....then clearly it's because they are cheap/free. Same old crap....we don't shop for the quality we need, but only names that are cheap/free. We might as well promote a youngster (or invest in one) with the money (wages + possible transfer for Mikel) that we will have to spend on these two clowns. We need to seriously stop taking other teams's trash from them. What the hell is going on with this club!?!?
You know the answer ,horrible MGT massive wage bill no money available for transfers unless we sell players.Even then like Prince we got €11 million bought Matri for €11 million but only spend €2 million and will still be paying for him in over a year.
Wanting to do everything on the cheap just look at Rami decent def prob our best CB had a fairly low price set but our MGT still want to almost half that ,same with Taarabt.

Everyone thought change will happen ,Allegri out Galliani out clear out the useless players ,Seedorf as new coach and Berlus choice so he'll spend.
Well Gallianis still here we are still only looking at old free cheap players ,Seedorf as manager but still the same policy regards signings.

The clubs broken and broke and oh we need a new SD..We got one Galli a nothing a chocolate fireguard useless just a tes man.

Pretty sure Cole won't move to Italy, we shouldn't worry Big Grin
As for Mikel, only Galliani will do such a thing .........
(04-15-2014, 05:31 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure Cole won't move to Italy, we shouldn't worry Big Grin
As for Mikel, only Galliani will do such a thing .........

If they offer him €3/4 million for a year or two i woulfnt rule it out.But i see him in America tbh.
Mikel sweet jaysus thatd be awful although 3 man mid Essien Mikel Muntari Smile
Yes we can return to the Christmas tree with those 3 Dodgy
Regarding Cole and Mikel:
I do support Chelsea (Milan is my favourite other team) so I know a lot about the pair.

Cole would probably be our first choice left back this season but his performances are dropping with his age increasing. The only reason he doesn't start is because Azplicueta starts at LB for us and has performed outstandingly. He is one of the best full backs in the EPL. As for Cole, he has lost a lot of his attacking instincts and his pace. His crossing and dribbling are not as good as they were a few years ago. However defensively he is still very sound, one of the more solid full backs in the world. He would certainly be and upgrade to Urby and Constant but I suspect his wages will be colossal.

As for Mikel the majority of Chelsea fans are split in opinion with him. I'm one of those who thinks he is a terrific player. He has been with us for about 8 years so he has a lot of honours to his name and is quite experienced. As a young lad he was quite aggressive and hot-headed on occasion. You could see he had potential but he needed good care and management. Unfortunately the club has not been stable in terms of their manager so Mikel played under various coaches. However for the majority of them he kept his place in the side and has been quite a presence in our midfield for a few years.

He also played a vital role in the Champions League final against Munich. Some say that Drogba was the hero that night, some say Cech was the hero that night, the rest will tell you Mikel was the hero in Munich. People probably didn't recognise it, but he played his best game in a Chelsea shirt. Unspectacular, but if it wasn't for him we would not have won the game. In big games his influence is overlooked a lot. Nowadays he's a lot more calm and matured from the lad that joined us several years ago. He's played so many big games he knows exactly how to handle them. He reads the game well, he passes simply and uses his strength to win the ball back. However, the problem he has now is that we signed Matic in January. Most Chelsea fans see him as an upgrade to Mikel; he's more dynamic and has a better passing range. Moreover a combination of Luiz and Matic in big games, along with Mourinho's persistence in using Ramires and Lampard, means Mikel doesn't get a look in nowadays.

I would be sad to see Chelsea leave but happy to see him join Milan. He will go about his work quietly in the game and leave you wondering if he's actually playing, but that generally means he's doing his job. He doesn't have the aggressive nature of De Jong but still uses his strength to effect. His passing won't leave you in fairyland but generally he just passes it along to someone who can make a more incisive pass. He rarely gives the ball away, but because of his position, it will be obvious if he does because it leaves the team open to attack. Personally I think he would be a terrific partner alongside Monto.

Overall I think the pair would be good signings on a free, but I suspect wages will be an issue.
I think we have been acquiring enough players of the Mikel mold over the last five or so years. We need players that will make our midfield and attack more dynamic and can break down defenses. Nothing against Mikel but from what I've seen of him, he's not that type of player. For midfield, we need a box to box midfielder who can create chances for our forwards and chip in with a few goals, without being a defensive liability.
Please no Mikel. I think he's a prime case of "He Must Be Good Syndrome" (both Manchester Utd. and Chelsea were fighting tooth and nail over his signature when he played at the Youth World Cup in 2005. With such ardent suitors he must be good right? Uh, no.) Unlike Essien who WAS really good prior to his knee injuries, Mikel has never been anything but over-rated. Of course, that would kind of fit in with Milan's strategy the last couple of years...
There's a good article from Michael Cox about how English football sort of ruined young attacking central midfielders like Mikel and Anderson by converting them into box-to-box midfielder. I don't know about Mikel but Brasileiro used to lament how Sir Alex destroyed Anderson's potential from becoming a great #10, the role he played superbly with various Brasil youth teams.

They've been supressing their instinct for years and at their age now it's almost impossible to change.
Paloschi will always have a special spot in my heart, even if he may never return to Milan.