AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
if i remember correctly, Mexes said that he could renew his contract with lower wages.

i wonder how we will be in top 3 next season, considering Roma and Napoli already are too strong for us. if they keep investing like they do, They will be much better teams.

i really want to know how we will be competitive for top 3, with signing bosman player and free players with lower quality. if we wont be in top 3 next season as well, we will lose so much revenue. i wish we could have spent that money on mercato instead of losing it wihout nothing.
We have to invest heavily otherwise, we will lose much more money.
(05-07-2014, 08:54 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]These are some of the "better" players that are out of Contract on June 30th , I fully think if we sign anyone on overpaid wages Smile it will be from here

GK : Agazzi, Ochoa ,Schmeichel
DF : Terr,y Cole, Evra ,Sagna, Lescott ,Alex
MD: Pizarro, Vargas. Menez ,Tiago ,Diego MoMo Sissoko, Cambiasso
FD : Drogba, Eto, Gomis, Berbatov

Terry as the captain of Chelsea? Galliani is not going to pass that opportunity. Dodgy

Out of that list, only Sagna really interests me, but I am hesitant to sign anyone with a high salary. After all, you have to respect the market. Good things won't come cheap, cheap price often means cheap quality too. There are very few exceptions.

The only exception would be that Galliani insisted giving a fat contract to Traore that he would only see in his dream. O
(05-06-2014, 01:47 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Alex is in Rami is out we dont and wont have the money to pay for Rami.They prefer to keep Taarabt.
Our spending for the summer will be €4M Taarabt €4M Poli €5M Balotelli €4M for Matri.

Agazzi or Ochoa are likely with Alex & a loan of Genoas Bertolacci.A total of €0.
This club will not get back to where it once was as long as Berlu is the owner and Galliani the CEO.Juve Napoli Roma Inter Fiorentina will all improve or at least try to.
Torino Parma are on a par with us this year.Next year who knows.

Fans will talk of Perin Scuffet Doria Murru Coentrao Maher Insigne Depay and countless others.None will be joining Milan...NONE

This post is where I am at in regards to this summer's transfer window. We simply have to lower our expectations. OK, so the summer when Pippo, Pirlo, Seedorf, and Nesta came in, that was great, good job Galliani. But the game and economics of calcio have passed Galliani by. The first inklings of that came after Milan won the Scudetto in 99. Galliani promised a champion and then signed Redondo, who couldn't even last one training session.

Of course there are the others: the flops, over the hills, talented but mismanaged, and nowadays, the just plain unworthies. We've discussed them here ad infinitum.

Hoping for a miracle here. I will pay attention and keep supporting the team, but the recent track record points to another mediocre team and drama off the pitch.

I hope I am dead wrong.
Redondo in fairness was a bit unluckly, though yes, he did get done as I suspect Madrid knew a bit more about his potential injury problems than they let on but it's happened to other teams. I can't say that was the beginning of any slide, we bought Nesta in 2002, that was the move of a club that identifies a world class player and gets him. Nesta was without doubt one of the best 4 or 5 defenders in the world at the time.
I remember (vaguely) the early 90's we must of pissed all other fans off they way we'd snap up players.To compare it to now is so sads.Past Milan would have Messi Ronaldo on the same team Falcao on the bench probably have Verratti sign immobile have T.Silva Kompany.Now all I want is to sell the 10-15 players we have that we dont need and buy no one.
Its like falling in love with an amazing woman thats gorgeous but in the space of 7 years she gets fat ugly and lazy ,you still love her but she ugly...AC Milan is a fat ugly woman Sad
Redondo was the MVP of the previous season's UEFA Champions League, I believe, so that was supposed to be a marquee signing. Of course, we can always suspect that Real Madrid knew something about his injury; maybe even Galliani knew something about it, otherwise, I still don't quite understand why he came so cheap.

Here is the message on wikipedia.

Quote:In 2000 Redondo transferred to Serie A club A.C. Milan, in a controversial £11m move. Redondo stated that he was not involved in transfer discussions and expressed his desire to stay at Madrid.[4] In response, a section of Real Madrid supporters gathered outside the Bernabeu stadium protesting the transfer.[5] However, Redondo suffered a serious knee injury in one of his first training sessions for Milan and was unable to play for the next 2½ years. He suspended his £2.74m-a-year salary, and even tried to give back the house and car which the Milan board had given him.[6] By 2003 Redondo had returned to first team action and won his third European Cup medal that year.

In 2004, at the age of 34, Redondo retired from professional football following another knee injury. Following his retirement, he moved back to Buenos Aires to be closer to his family; he was good friends with Diego Maradona, who acted as a mentor early in his career.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Redondo
could be argued the start of the slide was selling shevchenko and replacing him with Oliveira. I remember when Oliveira arrived we were all convinced he would be good as we didn't buy cheapo, useless players back then. however, I do remember shevchenko pushing for that move himself and no club in the world can compete with the teams offering obscene wages like chelsea and man city. Oliveira could almost be excused as we didn't have a lot of time to identify a suitable replacement.

Kaka was perhaps when we moved onto pushing players out. We tried to get him to take the man city offer that came in the year before so when we said we were ok with madrid talking to him as well he had decided he wasn't really wanted.
I believe that we wanted Drogba in Shevchenko deal, but Mourinho outright refused. I thought that he was doing it to piss Milan. Who in the right mind would place Drogba before Shevchenko, back then? Turned out that not only did Mourinho love Drogba, but also that he hated Shevchenko.

Shevchenko deal was indeed the start of our downfall. No star player had ever been sold by Milan, unless they were unsuccessful (e.g. Kluivert). Speaking of which, even Kluivert sale already was Milan's largest sale in history at the time.
(05-08-2014, 12:56 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2014, 08:54 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]These are some of the "better" players that are out of Contract on June 30th , I fully think if we sign anyone on overpaid wages Smile it will be from here

GK : Agazzi, Ochoa ,Schmeichel
DF : Terr,y Cole, Evra ,Sagna, Lescott ,Alex
MD: Pizarro, Vargas. Menez ,Tiago ,Diego MoMo Sissoko, Cambiasso
FD : Drogba, Eto, Gomis, Berbatov

Terry as the captain of Chelsea? Galliani is not going to pass that opportunity. Dodgy

Out of that list, only Sagna really interests me, but I am hesitant to sign anyone with a high salary. After all, you have to respect the market. Good things won't come cheap, cheap price often means cheap quality too. There are very few exceptions.

The only exception would be that Galliani insisted giving a fat contract to Traore that he would only see in his dream. O

I wouldn't even mind Eto'o on a one year contract.. Balotelli is hard to manage, let's face it if we're going to see that consistent superstar we all expect of Balo we are going to have to be patient, and I dont think it will be next season (if he's even kept). Eto'o would be a fantastic, free, and short term solution for a solid back up, albeit hopefully we sell Matri first. This is if we have absolutely no money, if we do I would sell Pazzini and Matri and try to get Muriel.
Sagna also interests me like XU said.

My expectations are low for this summer mercato. If we can buy Rami,Taarabt, take Alex on a free, buy Scuffet and one of Depay or Maher (or someone) to replace Robinho, I'm very happy given we'll probably end up with Menez,Alex and no Rami or anyone else, - even though we need a big named midfielder, a new fullback since Abate is washed up and everyone else is shit other than DS.
I remember reading Mou said that after two years playing in Russia Eto'o has lost a bit of his hunger. Physically and technically he's still on good level but the only reason he moved to Anzhi in the first place is for the money. As for the idea of signing him, I don't like it even for one year. Besides, do you really think Galliani will be satisfied to have such proven champion on free transfer for just one year? He'll probably give him a four-year contract and a golden-colored banner on Milan official website.