AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer Mercato
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-21-2014, 10:27 PM)mathiask Wrote: [ -> ]Apparantly Napoli's close to signing ganso? I've been hearing rumours on facebook.

It's been denied as offensively as possible:

http://www.football-italia.net/49512/sao...apoli-link

(05-22-2014, 10:05 AM)Nalx Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, we just signed Agazzi until 2017. That's one freebie, guys. Expect to see more.

Facepalm

http://www.milannews.it/altre-notizie/re...lan-145256

FacepalmFacepalm
(05-22-2014, 10:05 AM)Nalx Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2014, 08:51 AM)Graeme_C Wrote: [ -> ]gazzetta report Milan want to swap Constant + cash for Santon. Makes too much sense to be true..

The improvement will be marginal IMO. I'd rather we use what little cash we have to get a reliable CB first.

In other news, we just signed Agazzi until 2017. That's one freebie, guys. Expect to see more.

I think we have to be correct here.

My analysis has been that Constant had a really good second half of the season. The guy played marginally ok last season, but now he has been quite reliable on the left back. There can be two really good reasons for this:

1. We are now playing with a pretty good back line. Rami is just taking pressure of constant by giving him confidence. Mind you that (with all due respect) playing with bonera and mexes as CB's with you on the left back can make you nervous. Think about the times when Constant was fulfilling the role of CB and LB (same goes for Urby!!!!) at the same time. So the improved confidence has shown us that he's an ok left back. Ok is not bad, as i can't really see an amazing left back in the game. I'd use Constant as a backup for DS and Abate on the right though. Though de sciglio right, constant left and abate sold wouldn't be very bad. Abate is a big game flop (sorry, but he's screwed us over far too many times)
2. Seedorf has calmed down and stabilized the defense. Something they can build on. Give them a mental edge and a hunger for winning. This was Seedorf's top priority when arriving at AC Milan and he has very much succeeded in this. It's also why he must stay. Now that the allegri story came out, it just shows how much we need a strong man in the dressing room with pride. Someone with the Milan mentality. With all due respect for Inzaghi, but I would prefer Seedorf. He's already in the scales anyway.

So I think we should not get Santon Smile
Corriere reporting Napoli want Pazzini, one I would consider depending what formation we go for next year, and if we get paloschi back.
Slowly but surely Jay's predictions are coming true..
(05-22-2014, 02:37 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]Slowly but surely Jay's predictions are coming true..

which are Tongue
(05-22-2014, 03:47 PM)mathiask Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2014, 02:37 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]Slowly but surely Jay's predictions are coming true..

which are Tongue

Lacklustre mercato , probably the worst we've seen.Only cheap or free players and a high profile sale.It's not like I'm happy , but you only have to look at our activity.For the last 1/2 years fans have mentioned Perin how great he'd be for us and G is buddys with Genoa's owner.Now he's set to blow up and in a year or so will unatainable.Our first actions renew Abiatti at 37 and sign Agazzi to a 3 year deal.Agazzi by the way has the worse save percentage of any GK in Europes top leagues that started 10 or more games.

Low balling Valencia refusing to pay the pre-agreed fee the same with Taarabt , signing Essien...having Matri Noce Traore Filkor Didac Vergara coming back from loans , Salamon Saponara Zaccardo and all the other scrubs in the squad.We need to fix so so much but well , they wont.
For anyone interested, there are more updates on the story of the link I posted that says that two of the players had a "fist fight" on the team bus after the Casa Milan inauguration. Apparently the two in question are Amelia (who is all but confirmed as leaving) and Bonera. What the reason for the fight was is not known, only that there's not been a good feeling between the two for a while and they apparently argued before getting in the bus too.

Ridiculous.
Agazzi signed on a free? Just a perfect prelude to yet another disappointing summer mercato and disastrous season.
Just saw this. Had to share it, even though I don't fully understand what that statistic means.

Quote:Michael Agazzi's saves 62.6% in this Serie A season, the lowest amongst goalkeepers with at least 13 appearances.
I am more concerned what it means about Gabriel, not necessarily how good or bad Agazzi is. After Abbiati retires, presumably next year, Gabriel will be number 2 or is he pretty much done at Milan?