AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Hachim Mastour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[Image: mastour.jpg]

Hachim Mastour
Born 15 June 1998
175cm
CF, SF

Thanks Reza. He also scored in his first training match yesterday.
Has he featured for Italy U-17 yet?
#98 Smile
Mystik I believe he has featured and scored for the U17 side.
Mastour was apparently sent a professional contract by Barca, which explains why we've just suddenly promoted him to the first team.

http://www.milannews.it/calciomercato-mi...ato-144975
They should ban Barcelona from operating in the transfer market for 10 years if this is true. Instead, they ban them for 1 year and then LIFT the ban because Barca appealed it and they didn't have enough time to come up with a decision until July 1st. What kind of half-assed, corupted excuse is that. Corruption at its finest. Let's not even talk about all the irregularities with Neymar's transfer, which never resulted into anything. UEFA/FIFA should just not have any rules to begin with. That way NOBODY can break them. Instead, if one small club breaks them they get punished....but if Barcelona (or another big money team) breaks them they'll just be fined with some stupid low fine anyway. It's a joke.

Sending a professional contract to a 15 year old from another team....that's been developing him for 2 years. How low and dirty can you possibly get!!!?!!
talking about corruption in football world. how about Qatar getting to host World Cup 2022? Finally, Sepp Blatter recently "admitted" that it was a mistake, but what next? nothing. to me, it is just saying that "it is a mistake, so what? I am not going to fix it. what are you going to do about it?" Just disgusting that so much politics are now involved in football. Angry
lol, the Blatter comment is just ridiculous. Even more bizarre is the lack of real press regarding it. Corruption is rife, but what we see in the press is also very selective imo (not just regarding football).

(05-19-2014, 05:44 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]They should ban Barcelona from operating in the transfer market for 10 years if this is true. Instead, they ban them for 1 year and then LIFT the ban because Barca appealed it and they didn't have enough time to come up with a decision until July 1st. What kind of half-assed, corupted excuse is that. Corruption at its finest. Let's not even talk about all the irregularities with Neymar's transfer, which never resulted into anything. UEFA/FIFA should just not have any rules to begin with. That way NOBODY can break them. Instead, if one small club breaks them they get punished....but if Barcelona (or another big money team) breaks them they'll just be fined with some stupid low fine anyway. It's a joke.

Sending a professional contract to a 15 year old from another team....that's been developing him for 2 years. How low and dirty can you possibly get!!!?!!

I'm not going into detail about Barcelona's relationship with the governing bodies, but I'll just say that my view is they and other top clubs will often be given the benefit of the doubt because their participation in the biggest competitions is invaluable. If we were one of the so called "super clubs" then we'd get similar pampered treatment. It's unfair, but that's the world we live in.

As for sending Mastour the contract, as far as I know I don't believe they broke any rules or laws. I think until we get Mastour signed professionally with the club (which I assume is part of the promotion), he's available to choose where he wants to go and Barca aren't obligated to go through us. I'm not an expert on European Employment law though, so I don't know if they breached any laws by offering him a contract at his age. This is a very similar attempt of poaching a youth player to the example I gave of Giussepe Rossi.

That isn't to say I don't take great issue with what they tried to do. Firstly, it's highly unethical and I'd say improper business practice, although I will also say in business nice guys do finish last. The bigger problem for me is there appears to be very little interest in the player's wellbeing and this is effectively objectifying a human being as a product (personally I've spoken a lot of players as assets, but on the flip side I always value the human qualities of players as much as anything), which to me goes into a bigger problem in football, where players aren't people, but mostly a commidity and a source of money.

This is a major problem in Brazil, where I've heard about stories of players being sold to places they don't want to go for the money. While the player will reject the move, his club, family and agent will often push him into the move because of the money. This isn't solely in Brazil of course, we've apparently been guilty of pretty much selling Thiago Silva and Ibra against their will.

Getting back to Mastour, just a little comment, but I never knew that he was signed on Sacchi's recommendation by the club.
Apparently he is already being compared to Zlatan IBRAHIMOVIC and ZIDANE ETC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10