AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Azzurri talk, Italy national team thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
I thought he had a bad game. Should be noted he was only called up because Cristante's injured. Glad to see him though
(09-04-2019, 12:57 AM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Also, to be fair, he himself and others around him have said that his style is nothing like Pirlo's. The only thing similar is their appearance. Gotta say, totally agree with that.

Who said he is next Pirlo. His playing style is more similar to Gattuso than Pirlo. He 60% Gattuso and remaining 40% Pirlo
I don't know if he had a bad game(let down by his own performance), or the fact that he was constantly bullied and outplayed by Kessie and Bennacer. But he certainly didn't have any impact on the match from open play besides opening the play on the wings.

His most dangerous plays were from set pieces, I remember 2 free kicks were he thought outside the box rather than cross it into the box and hope for the best; One was a chipped pass to a running player and the other was a low curling shot right of our wall. To be honest, both reminded me of Pirlo's methods.
(09-04-2019, 06:48 AM)Rishav kant Wrote: [ -> ]Who said he is next Pirlo. His playing style is more similar to Gattuso than Pirlo. He 60% Gattuso and remaining 40% Pirlo

Plenty of peoppe were. The media, etc. So much so, that like I said, he himself released a comment once explaining that he is not like Pirlo. 

On those percentages..I'd say he is 1% Pirlo, mainly because he runs like him, looks like him and occupies the same position. But that's it. :Big Grin
Not sure about the Gattuso comparison too. I heard the commentators say that, but I don't see it. We'll see with time I guess.
Probable XI for tomorrow's game:

Donnarumma; Florenzi, Bonucci, Romagnoli, Palmieri; Verratti, Jorginho, Barella; Bernardeschi, Belotti, Chiesa
(09-04-2019, 01:53 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Probable XI for tomorrow's game:

Donnarumma; Florenzi, Bonucci, Romagnoli, Palmieri; Verratti, Jorginho, Barella; Bernardeschi, Belotti, Chiesa

Instead of Chiesa should be SES. Chiesa is overrated.
(09-05-2019, 01:49 PM)Rishav kant Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of Chiesa should be SES. Chiesa is overrated.

SES is a LW
(09-05-2019, 05:11 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]SES is a LW

Yep.  SES should be the LW. Actually I forgot that Chiesa position
Itay conceded early. Armenia 1-0 Italy.
I couldn't watch, but saw the scoreline is now 1-1.

Also, why is Donnarumma wearing #21? What happened to #99? (OK, I am joking about 99, but I thought he was already wearing #1)?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26