AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Azzurri talk, Italy national team thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
I think in an ideal world, Prandelli would still be coach and Carletto would take over from Prandelli after Euro 2016 by which point Real Madrid would find some reason to fire him (probably because he didn't win Serie A and La Liga at the same time). Now that Prandelli has left early, I'm not sure who I want to coach gli Azzuri at the moment. You KNOW options are bleak when Allegri and Mancini are the most likely candidates. Facepalm
I chose Mazzari for fun after a quick look, because it is hard to find a serious one.

And maybe this is the time to try a foreign coach. The WC introduced someone even more "Italian" than the Italian trio.
My obligatory mention: Bielsa

lol
(06-27-2014, 08:35 PM)Aficio Wrote: [ -> ]I chose Mazzari for fun after a quick look, because it is hard to find a serious one.

And maybe this is the time to try a foreign coach. The WC introduced someone even more "Italian" than the Italian trio.

I don't remember Italy ever having a foreign coach for NT. Can someone confirm?

The same probably is true too for Brazil and Argentina?

I wonder if anyone has a list of nations that never had a foreigner as their NT head coach.
Next world cup i expect :
(+ their Ages in next world cup)

------------G. ROSSI(31)-------BALOTELLI(27)-----------------
---------------------MASTOUR(20)--------------------------
-----------JORGINHO(26)---------CRISTANTE(23)------------
----------------------VERRATTI(25)------------------------
--DE SCIGLIO(25)--------------------------DARMIAN(28)----
--------------CHIELLINI (33)-----MASI?(25)-------------------
------------------------PERIN (25)---------------------------

Bench:

De Rossi (34)
Montolivo (33)
Marchisio (32)
Florenzi(27)
Destro (26)
Immobile (28)
Insigne (27)
Santon (27)
Sirigu (31)
Marrone (28)
El Shaaraway (25)
Berrardi (23)

We don't know what will happen in 4 years, but this could be the team and on paper it looks like a talented team with many players in mid 20's....

Problem is CB.. very few prospects.. VERY FEW.
(06-28-2014, 01:16 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2014, 08:35 PM)Aficio Wrote: [ -> ]I chose Mazzari for fun after a quick look, because it is hard to find a serious one.

I don't remember Italy ever having a foreign coach for NT. Can someone confirm?

The same probably is true too for Brazil and Argentina?

I wonder if anyone has a list of nations that never had a foreigner as their NT head coach.

Italy appointed Helenio Herrera as co-manager with Ferruccio Valcareggi in (1966-1967)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy_natio...am#Coaches

Argentina also had Italian coaches: Felipe Pascucci (1934) and Renato Cesarini (1968)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina_n...m#Managers

Brazil and Germany are confirmed.
Good work, man. Okmilan and thanks. Heart
You're welcome. I mainly used Wiki, so the information could not be 100% guaranteed.
Mastour and Cristante? Highly doubt IMO. Knowing Italians, they'll still be playing U-21s. Especially Mastour who is still very young. It would be nice to come back to this post in 4 years and see how these players developed
If they going with Italian, then Carlo is the one, but if they are willing to risk and hire someone non Italian, I think The Special One would be pretty interesting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25