AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Azzurri talk, Italy national team thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Honestly, I don't believe Conte could care less about which games are competitive and which aren't. I think he, and most coaches, will always consider the priority to be the senior set up.

Bear in mind that this also isn't Rugani's first call up, while Romagnoli's yet to be called by the national side. Even then, I think Tonelli has merited a call up more than Rugani.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw these news. Romagnoli has really been one of the best defenders in Italy this year. It would've been great to give him a senior debut after what he's done this year. I think Rugani has proven to be a good player, but like Dev said, he's barely played this year.

But not only that...
How the hell has Ranocchia made the squad and not Romagnoli? Is Conte for real? Also, Astori has had a decent season so far, (so has Romagnoli though, a much better season at that) but everyone knows he won't get a sniff at the starting line up...so isn't it better to start renewing the squad slowly by introducing youngsters like Romagnoli that wil probably start in the future than wasting time with players like Astori.

The fact that this is the first time he calls up Motta is a story in itself. He's one of the best midfielders available for selection it hasn't been called by Conte until now.
lol, I didn't even notice Rano tbh.
[Image: 8wiL-fxqpchx6456499.jpg]

Our best players (Abate, Romagnoli, Donnarumma) aren't called up.  Devilumpf Grinser044
To balance out the negative thoughts, I am glad to see Acerbi and Bernadeschi being given opportunities.
Expected like up: Buffon; Darmian, Bonucci, Astori; Florenzi, Thiago Motta, Parolo, Giaccherini; Candreva, Pellè, Eder

If this is the line up Conte will use....I hope they get embarrassed tomorrow by Spain. What a slap in the face to Bonaventura who's probably been the best attacker throughout the course of the season out of that while list.

Also, Parolo ahead of Jorginho is comedy!
I also read from a Chinese source that no one wants to don the No. 10 jersey. What a sad state for Azzurri these days. Buffon probably is their only big name.
Yea Italy has very few flair players right now. If you had to compile a list of the top 10, even 20 attacking players in the world, I doubt many Italians make that list.

It would be exciting to see a lineup that incorporates Insigne, Bernadeschi, and Berardi. Maybe a 4-2-3-1 or something
They may not have flashy players but it's still a capable team if set up the right way I think. It was a crime that Motta was not in the squad for nearly 2 years. Italy will have one of the best defenses (if not the best IMO) and definitely one of the best midfields. The attack is more of an unknown but there is still talented players there with Inisgne, Eder, Bonaventura, Bernardeschi, Berardi (if called up). The lack of a class striker is the biggest need but in a 1 month tournament you never know and Immobile/Zaza/Pelle may just hit good form.

-----------------Buffon------------------
Abate - Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini//////(Antonelli, Darmian)
-----Verratti - Motta - Marchisio----//////(Montolivo, Florenzi, Jorginho)
Candreva --------------------Insidne//////(Bernardeschi, Bonaventura, Berardi, Eder)
----------------Immobile-------------//////(Zaza, Pelle)

That's a pretty good selection of players. Just put the players where they are best at. Put them where they've performed at. Don't reinvent the wheel.
Quote:Italy: Buffon; Darmian, Bonucci, Astori; Florenzi, Thiago Motta, Parolo, Giaccherini; Candreva, Pellé, Eder

Italy bench: Perin, Sirigu, Acerbi, Antonelli, De Silvestri, Ranocchia, Rugani, Jorginho, Montolivo, Soriano, Bernardeschi, Bonaventura, El Shaarawy, Insigne, Okaka, Zaza

Spain: De Gea; Juanfran, Sergio Ramos, Piqué, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, San José, Thiago Alcantara; Mata, Morata, Aduriz

Spain bench: Casillas, Rico, Bartra, Koke, Paco Alcacer, Pedro, Jordi Alba, Mario Gaspar, David Silva, Isco, Nolito, Sergi Roberto
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26